Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 19, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/19/2016 at 6:20:04 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 19, 16 1:26 AM
I make no bones about it...I'm a huge ERS fan. I think they make some of the most beautiful games with some of the best animations and graphics!

I understand that not everyone agrees with me. But, for those of you that do...we are in for another great hit! I love the story line and playing the Detective. I never tire with this great Series!! Although I will say...the colors in this game...are not the usual bright colors in this Series. But, it's still a buy for me. For me this Series is so good...that I will forgive the colors.

It has all the details of great CE'S. I will leave these details to other who are more detailed than myself. This is most definitely worth a try...if your a fan like myself...it will be a buy. IMO I have yet to find that a Sequel ever lives up to the first game in a Series. So, with this said...I'm going to forgive the faults in this game...that don't live up to the first 2 in this Series.

As always...give it a try...we all have different taste. I'm very happy...to add this great game to my library.

Enjoy,
Lisa

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

“These are my acronyms & rating system…for Hogs, I Hogs, frogs & Adventure games:

“DIVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and story line. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot.

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 19, 16 6:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on May 19, 16 6:31 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I make no bones about it...I'm a huge ERS fan. I think they make some of the most beautiful games with some of the best animations and graphics!

I understand that not everyone agrees with me. But, for those of you that do...we are in for another great hit! I love the story line and playing the Detective. I never tire with this great Series!! Although I will say...the colors in this game...are not the usual bright colors in this Series. But, it's still a buy for me. For me this Series is so good...that I will forgive the colors.

It has all the details of great CE'S. I will leave these details to other who are more detailed than myself. This is most definitely worth a try...if your a fan like myself...it will be a buy. IMO I have yet to find that a Sequel ever lives up to the first game in a Series. So, with this said...I'm going to forgive the faults in this game...that don't live up to the first 2 in this Series.

As always...give it a try...we all have different taste. I'm very happy...to add this great game to my library.

Enjoy,
Lisa

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

“These are my acronyms & rating system…for Hogs, I Hogs, frogs & Adventure games:

“DIVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and story line. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot.

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on May 19, 16 6:33 AM
I agree with you 100% I love all ERS games.

[Post New]by shelterhill on May 19, 16 12:52 PM
Also a fan from the beginning, although the earlier games were better.
Played the beta a while ago, I wrote down " bloody but good " so I can't wait to play it

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 19, 16 2:13 PM
Hi all! Well, here is #7 in this series. I only have 5. The last couple just didn't excite me at all. This one had a warning at the beginning, which is a good thing. Take heed, they mean it. The graphics were almost too over the top with reality. What I mean is that I am okay with some blood, guts and gore, but I felt this one had a bit more than was needed for the game. Animation is fairly good. Voice overs were not bad, but some dialog was a bit corny. There really isn't a lot of dialog in this one either. The one thing I really do not care for is the need to "choose" what I want to say. It is very much a no brainer and I don't see that choosing one over the other makes any difference in the outcome of the game. Music and sound FX are the same in this one as in all the other Grim Facade games. Game play was very good, with no problems during the demo and the scene fit my large screen. I was disappointed with the color, or lack thereof. Very muted and a bit fuzzy in some scenes. You have a "memory sphere" that collects memories and reveals ghosts that help you along the way. You have to collect 5 spheres before you get the helpful ghost. This was very boring for me.

HOPs were a combination of standard and interactive lists, and silhouettes. The scenes were fairly clear and items were not difficult to find. Puzzles weren't bad at all. Some actually had a bit of challenge to them, not over use of the brain, but mostly use of time. Still, they were not difficult. There is no transport to longer locations, which it could have used, but it does have a jump map. Did not care for this map...very bland, no color, no identification as to which area you were actually looking at. SG is the standard set up.

Collectibles were very few. We collect gold coins to buy knives...for what? We collect silver coins to buy needed items from a street vendor or a cab driver, etc. You also find skulls in the HOPs, some of which are very creepy. Not sure what these are for either. There was no challenge to finding any of these items. Very disappointing.

Personally, I do not feel this game is CE worthy. I did not rate it very highly when I beta tested it, and I see the devs didn't make any changes since then. It was an okay game, but it just didn't grab or keep my attention. I will recommend this one for beginners, but there isn't enough challenge for a seasoned gamer. I will put this one in my puddle and give the SE a try. I often find that the SE makes a much better game. This is on hold for now.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on May 19, 16 8:31 PM
dancemom1, I agree with everything in your review, including your comment on the level of blood and gore. It just wasn't for me right now.

[Post New]by shelterhill on May 24, 16 12:15 PM
Maybe it's me, but it's not as bloody as the last haunted hotel which was appalling.
This is such a good game, it's been a while since I enjoyed myself so much with a game that it's hard to quit.
Can't wait to get on with the rest!!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on May 26, 16 11:47 AM
I purchased this without a demo, because I enjoyed all the previous games. Not so with this game. I'm determined to finish it, even with the HUGE bug in the bonus game where the puzzle background doesn't show at all, because I paid for it. But, I'll never play it again. I found the puzzles either numbingly simple, or confusing, or they didn't work. I found some of the HOs confusing, also.

I thought perhaps one problem with the puzzles and also clicking on things in HOs and just generally, was my old mouse. But, changing the mouse didn't change the problem. I play games partly for the story lines, and it's hard to keep up on the plot when the male characters all look alike. I'm so disappointed in this Grim Facade episode that I'm going to have to go back and replay all the previous ones, just to get rid of the bad taste from this one.

Go to: