Official Mouse Problem Workaround

[Post New]by PlayPond on Jan 15, 10 10:11 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for bringing the mouse clicking issue to our attention. We have managed to isolate the problem to a particular combination of operating system and hardware. This only applies when attempting to run the game in full screen mode.

While we understand that this may be extremely frustrating for those wanting to play the game, we have a temporary solution:

1) Launch the game
2) Wait for the title screen to appear
3) Press ALT+TAB to return to the desktop
4) Switch back to the game (click on it on your Taskbar)

Alternatively, you can also play the game in Windowed mode. To select Windowed mode, please go into OPTIONS from the Main Menu and select Windowed under the Display heading.

We are working on a fix that will address this issue. The forum moderators will announce when a new release is made available and you will also be notified through Game Manager that there is a critical update.

Your patience is much appreciated and we would also like to thank the numerous forum members for helping their fellow game players out and bringing this to our attention. Please direct any other issues to Customer Support, they're here to help you!

Thank you,
Developers of Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd

Edited on 01/16/2010 at 2:42:21 PM PST

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

Re:Official Mouse Problem Workaround

[Post New]by picman050967 on Jan 16, 10 1:18 AM
Per the above message Playpond has sent a build in the wee hours of Saturday am. This still requires a testing and a re-release. We are trying to get the game's testers in over the weekend to do this tomorrow (Saturday Jan 16th) and it will be re-released once it passes.
It will show up as a critical update in Game Manager once it has been rereleased.

Again, this is the mouse problem that is mostly found on Vista and a specific video chipsets found mostly in laptops.

Picman

ogieogie
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ogieogie on Jan 16, 10 1:53 PM
Good thing I had an alternate mouse; thought my mini was dead after only 2 months!
Am going to unisntall this game; and wait for the normal price; the only 20 buck games I bought where DG MCF; not worth it and Poe; kindof worth it; but I am waiting for the regular price. Every one should; unless you have lot's of bucks to spend on this kind of recreational but misc. expense...

ogieogie
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ogieogie on Jan 16, 10 2:26 PM
I am replying to myself; as now I cannot find anything on this games in the forums; like they are pulling them? :BFG are really great, but just want everybody to know that not only was there a "mouse problem" it took me this morning about an hour to go into F2 Setup and F12; so perhaps there is more wrong with this game than they are letting on.... had to restore a lot of defaults; and had me worried, my mouse wasn't working correctly, lucky I had a back up, but just all be aware there may be more Problems with Penny Dreadfulls that they don't know yet; I haven't reported it; will in a minute, but my system is in top shape; those of you that have a bit older computers or do not know much of troubleshooting could be in a bit of trouble if you download this game.

I also read a post that I can not find any more, and I agree with what it said. Although BFG is really great and the Customer Service cannot be any better; this reeks of conspiracy and the big guys in charge may not be working on the weekend. Tell you it is not worth the risk for older systems. Plus, I wanted to comment on the person that said they are waiting it out on the 20 buck games (collector editions) DG MCF was a waste of money for that; and with the Edger Allen Poe, also, but at least they had a very nice game to play at the end; but all not worth it. Just be patient, and give me the strength to be patient for the normal game price, well actually I don't need it now cause there is no way I will put that back on my computer (which is my way of earning a living and wrote a grant for as a Graphic Designer) till they get the bugs worked out... which I am sure with BFG standards will happen very quick; but hold out for the $6.99!

Before I joined it was always $19.99 per my understanding, and that is too much out of this budget; so if BFG is getting greedy they should not. They have to many people world wide to have to start making these kindof pricing; add it up - if you know anyone that in your area is a BFG member; which is the best of clubs; then times that of all the areas; someone at BFG may be dipping into the profits to make them have to do this collector addition stuff; they have gotten me for 2 collector editions because the games were so good looking (and were; as this one looks to be) so they got one person in Lebanon OH for $26 on this; think if they got every 3rd person or 4th the profit they are making?

They should be honest; if they can't cover there cost they need to regroup

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jan 16, 10 2:42 PM
We now have a new version of Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition available now. This new version corrects the mouse clicking error that some people have been experiencing and reporting in this forum. This bug only effected PC’s, primarily laptops, and has to do with Vista/Video Chipset configuration.

PLEASE NOTE: Your game save will be lost after installing the new build.

We greatly apologize for the trouble. Here's how to install the new version of the game:

Uninstall a PC Game
Open your Game Manager by clicking the Play My Games icon. Find your game and click the trash can icon.

Reinstall a PC game.
1. Go to your Purchase History and click Install Now next to the game.
2. Select Run or Save File.
3. If prompted, click OK or Run to open the game's executable file and start downloading.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to go to our Help pages.

Since this has been resolved, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

Go to: