mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

Inability to save, Inability to combine necessary items in inventory

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Jan 16, 10 4:47 AM
On a scale of one to ten, my frustration level with this game is about a ten.
The game simply won't save where I left off, and yes, I kow the save button is at the top of the screen. Upon returning to the game, I always go back to an earlier place where I saved and it evidently saved it right there---forever.
Also, the walkthrough tells me to combine certain items in inventory, but dragging said item to the other does nothing in inventory.
No wonder there is no trial for this game because it doesn't work!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Inability to save, Inability to combine necessary items in inventory

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 16, 10 7:25 AM
Are you loading the saved game? If you aren't, you're just starting from the beginning again. Load is on the main menu.

It may be that you click on an object in inventory then click on another one to combine the two. Not every game is click / hold / drag / drop.

Does not work ... for you.

mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Jan 17, 10 4:04 AM
The inventory problem was due to trying to merge 2 wrong items together in inventory, which was a failure of mine when reading the walkthrough.
I thought I had the saving problem fixed by pressing the F5 button instead of Save at top of screen --this worked for awhile and I was able to work farther along in the game that way. I do hit Load when entering, then the picture of the last saved game, which this morning indicates my last save did not work.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 17, 10 10:44 AM
mary69lyn wrote: The inventory problem was due to trying to merge 2 wrong items together in inventory, which was a failure of mine when reading the walkthrough.
I thought I had the saving problem fixed by pressing the F5 button instead of Save at top of screen --this worked for awhile and I was able to work farther along in the game that way. I do hit Load when entering, then the picture of the last saved game, which this morning indicates my last save did not work.

How frustrating for you--I'm so sorry you've run into that!

While writing the Blog Walkthrough I did several dozen saves and loads and I was able to complete the game with no difficulty. I did always use the menu bar at the top of the screen, no shortcut keys.

It sounds like it may be a configuration issue. Assuming you bought the game here at Big Fish Games, I'd get in touch with Customer Support. They should be able to help you one way or another.

Just click on the green envelope on the right.

Good luck--I hope they can find a fix for you!

Robin

Go to: