Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 20, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/20/2016 at 6:36:45 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 20, 16 6:39 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by kenwood47 on May 20, 16 9:21 AM
I have a Windows 10 and i'm on a pretty new computer. I download the game, then try to play it and nothing happens until the screen appears again that makes it look like I've closed it down. Doesn't even bring the game up. Never happened to me before with one of your games

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on May 20, 16 11:44 AM
I am quite amazed by this, the collectors edition threw up an error message as it did for quite a lot of people, so I could not play that. Now the standard edition wont even play.

Please could somebody explain what is happening with this game? Surely these developers should have put it right by now.

LInda

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on May 20, 16 2:29 PM
I don't know if this will help, but give it a try, Windows folks!

I was having problems with games locking up badly, to where I couldn't even get ctrl-alt-del to work, and had to do a hard re-start. Eventually, my 2 year old laptop refused to start again at all.

Now I have a spiffy new, custom-built computer with a great graphics card. (New as of May 3rd!) Still running Win 8.1. But the lockups continued.

After much research about the problem, I went to my graphics card manufacturer's download site, and pessimistically downloaded + installed the newest driver, dated May 13th!

Bingo!

That's one of the recommended fixes linked to by Waimea. I've also had great luck with the Game Compatibility fix that's also linked to there.

P.S. It's a great idea to keep updating those things! Did you know that using a graphics card without updating the drivers can ruin your motherboard?

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on May 20, 16 3:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people are encountering technical issues in this game. Thank you alowan for stopping by with that great suggestion. As they mentioned, keeping the graphics driver updated is a good way to make sure that the computer has all of the resources it needs to run the game correctly. The following help article has some steps for getting that done:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Additionally, I've gone ahead and included a help article with some information specifically designed for computers running Windows 10:

Windows 10

If these problems are continuing, we recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always willing to help, and they have the tools needed to gather data on and report problems to the right team.

All of our teams definitely want to make sure people are able to play their games, and the Moderation Team completely understands the frustration that technical issues like these can cause. Our games are tested thoroughly before release, however due to the variety of hardware and software configurations available, some issues may still unfortunately occur. Both the Moderation Team and Support Team works to pass along reports of glitches and problems to the appropriate teams, and we greatly appreciate everyone's patience and understanding.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by Beckiep on May 20, 16 6:32 PM
I'm having the same issue. Nothing happens. Uninstalled it and re-installed. Still nothing. Rebooted. Nothing.
(windows 10. PC)

kenwood47 wrote:I have a Windows 10 and i'm on a pretty new computer. I download the game, then try to play it and nothing happens until the screen appears again that makes it look like I've closed it down. Doesn't even bring the game up. Never happened to me before with one of your games

Edited on 05/20/2016 at 6:33:53 PM PST

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on May 21, 16 2:39 AM
Hi

I would also like o thank alowan for his advice. Also I did do a Drfelix report for the Collectors Edition, and was very kindly given a refund. But I really like these Developers and am so disappointment I can't play either editions.

I have checked the graphics drivers and they are up to date.

Linda

[Post New]by PandaBlueBaby on May 21, 16 5:20 PM
Running windows 7. Same issue here. both editions would not play. Then install first, then activate then go to download. When finally on the game manager I click on play and I get kicked back telling me "time is running out" play again. more of the same. Was unable to play SE or CE.

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on May 21, 16 7:00 PM
kenwood47 wrote:I have a Windows 10 and i'm on a pretty new computer. I download the game, then try to play it and nothing happens until the screen appears again that makes it look like I've closed it down. Doesn't even bring the game up. Never happened to me before with one of your games

Exactly the same problem. Brand new windows 10 computer. Nvidia top of the line 900 series graphics driver.

[Post New]by chrishayes48 on May 25, 16 7:03 AM
Managed to play just over half an hour of the game when problem arose

Error: Access violation 0x007F2F10 (tried to read 0x254A8E58) programme terminated

Have un-stalled and re-installed and same thing happened

I am on PC / windows7/ graphic card up to date

[Post New]by dtown419 on Jun 2, 16 8:53 PM
I'm having the same problem. Restarted my computer numerous times, uninstalled and reinstalled whole BigFish program, no luck.

[Post New]by Piawackette1959 on Jun 9, 16 2:36 PM
I have purchased this game and LOVED IT!!! But for some reason it has stopped loading when I try to play!! Online help gave me another credit for a different game and I want this one to work! HELP!!! How can I get it to work? I have tried downloading it again with no luck!! What does anyone suggest?

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Jun 14, 16 5:41 AM
Same "Error: Access violation" shutdown ~30 min. in. Seems odd to make it that far into the game with no problems. Windows XP.

[Post New]by mastersme3 on Jul 14, 16 1:05 PM
After activating Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death it still won't open. I have downloaded it twice. I am using a surface tablet.

[Post New]by NightHawk007 on Sep 12, 16 3:04 AM
I also cannot get past a certain point before the Violation error comes up and it closes down the game. About a half hour in where the leopard/cheetah moves aside it shuts down. I am using Windows Vista. I uninstalled and reinstalled and checked drivers but it still only goes to that spot of the leopard/cheetah moving aside then closes down.
Very frustrating.

[Post New]by mper823 on Dec 15, 16 11:28 AM
I have an IMAC ...This game ran at first. Now it keeps crashing. I haven't heard back from you for any solutions. I have the latest drivers. How can I get it to run? I have downloaded and installed it several times and it does the same. Why would it run at first and then suddenly stop?

Go to: