jess1890
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

For those who completed this game

[Post New]by jess1890 on Jan 16, 10 10:12 AM
How long did it take you? I am trying to decide if I want to use my credit for this game - and want to make sure it will take longer than 2 hours to complete.
Thanks.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

Re:For those who completed this game

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jan 17, 10 7:29 AM
It does take longer than 2 hours to complete, but I would recommend one of the more recent Nancy Drew games. This is one of the earlier ones and not one of my favorites.

julesy

azjmarie
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by azjmarie on Jan 17, 10 3:29 PM
Took me about 3 hours mostly because I was bored with it. I'd play awhile, then quit until later. Not one of my favorite ND. A boring plot line in my humble opinion.

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Aug 29, 10 2:36 AM
It is one of my favorite game, actually. It is probably longer than 2 hours if you try to solve it without any walkthrough. The kidnapping theme and the graphic interest me a lot. Hope you'll like this one too.

moochorama
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by moochorama on Nov 14, 10 9:29 AM
It took me about 8 hours to complete without a walkthrough (that's an educated guess though, I didn't stop the time ), so it's a rather shorter game than other ND games. It's not my favourite either, but if you like the Nancy Drew games, you probably won't regret buying it.

[Post New]by geniespeak on Jun 11, 11 8:00 PM
I am hooked on these games!

If I want to know about how long a game might last, here is what I do:

I go to gameboomers.com and find the walkthrough and print it if I think I am going to buy the game.

The printed walkthrough for Final Scene was about 6 1/2 printed pages without the extra tips at the end.

The walkthrough for Shadow at the Water's Edge is about 25 pages, and the walkthrough for the White Wolf of Icicle Creek is 29 pages.

This tells me these games should be much longer than Final Scene (which I thought was ok because I enjoyed the story. It had very few games/puzzles.)

I do not like the dossier type games, which are more hidden object, although I think they would be good for people new to Nancy Drew.

Of the large file type games, Nancy Drew are my favorite although I have only played about half. I try to read thru the comments before I buy any to see if the story and games are good.

Go to: