bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

New version of Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd available now

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jan 16, 10 2:40 PM
We now have a new version of Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition available now. This new version corrects the mouse clicking error that some people have been experiencing and reporting in this forum. This bug only effected PC’s, primarily laptops, and has to do with Vista/Video Chipset configuration.

PLEASE NOTE: Your game save will be lost after installing the new build.

We greatly apologize for the trouble. Here's how to install the new version of the game:

Uninstall a PC Game
Open your Game Manager by clicking the Play My Games icon. Find your game and click the trash can icon.

Reinstall a PC game.
1. Go to your Purchase History and click Install Now next to the game.
2. Select Run or Save File.
3. If prompted, click OK or Run to open the game's executable file and start downloading.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to go to our Help pages.

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

Re:New version of Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd available now

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Jan 16, 10 2:48 PM
Do you think this new version will correct the problem I and another player here are having? I already made a post about it.

Larkin1212
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Larkin1212 on Jan 17, 10 9:49 AM
I downloaded this game yesterday. The trial version. After playing for about 20 minutes or so it stopped, screen went black and it said I had a display error. I had to reboot and after the computer was up again it had a message window stating that it had recovered from a critical error. It has done this twice. The second time I had only been play for a few minutes. Should I uninstall and reinstall or do you think I have a computer issue. This is the only game this has ever happened with. I have played others with similar graphics with no problems.

[Post New]by user353307 on Jan 17, 10 10:21 AM
I was having problems with the game also; i reinstalled the game and it still didn't
work. Did some investigating and found that I needed to upgrade my graphic card; which i did and now no problems

[Post New]by GlennEmond on Jan 17, 10 10:28 AM
I just downloaded the 1-hour trial version of "Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition" and every time I try to play it, I'm taken back to the same menu to "Play the trial version now". Any ideas? I'm running on a Mac, version OSX 10.5.8 on a 2.1 GHz PowerPC G5. So far I have been unable to play any time at all. Although I will probably be buying the Collector's Edition, it would be nice to get an idea of what I'm getting.

[Post New]by youblues on Jan 17, 10 12:19 PM
GlennEmond wrote:I just downloaded the 1-hour trial version of "Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition" and every time I try to play it, I'm taken back to the same menu to "Play the trial version now". Any ideas? I'm running on a Mac, version OSX 10.5.8 on a 2.1 GHz PowerPC G5. So far I have been unable to play any time at all. Although I will probably be buying the Collector's Edition, it would be nice to get an idea of what I'm getting.

I 've also downloaded it today ( it's the Jan 14th version), and am having the same problem. I've running on an imac 1.8ghz power pc G5, oc 10.4.11.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Jan 17, 10 3:57 PM
Does this solve the problem of the screen sitting offset to the left?

What I mean is, on the right hand of my screen there is about a half inch black strip. There isn't one on the left side. It's as if the whole thing is pushed over to the left.

Anybody else have this problem?

[Post New]by pennypengo on Jan 18, 10 9:03 PM
I'm going to start a new thread..having the same issue...I went ahead and purchased the game to see if that would allow it to run but no good.

youblues wrote:
GlennEmond wrote:I just downloaded the 1-hour trial version of "Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition" and every time I try to play it, I'm taken back to the same menu to "Play the trial version now". Any ideas? I'm running on a Mac, version OSX 10.5.8 on a 2.1 GHz PowerPC G5. So far I have been unable to play any time at all. Although I will probably be buying the Collector's Edition, it would be nice to get an idea of what I'm getting.

I 've also downloaded it today ( it's the Jan 14th version), and am having the same problem. I've running on an imac 1.8ghz power pc G5, oc 10.4.11.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

Re:New version of Penny Dreadfuls™ offset screen

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jan 20, 10 2:19 PM
If no one has responded yet to the screen offset problem ( I looked around and couldn't find any replies about that.) I may have the answer. When I first opened the game my screen was offset to the right about 1-3/4". I went to options and the wide screen option was checked. I clicked on regular monitor, went back to the main menu page and it was all fixed! Worked for me, might work for you. I'm using Windows/vista home premium with a 22" monitor.
Dr.good

[Post New]by GlennEmond on Jan 21, 10 5:34 PM
My answer from Big Fish:

Thanks for writing in! My name is Chris and I will be sure to help you out with the error that you are seeing with that trial game.

There are a couple reasons why this could be occurring. Either the game isn’t compatible with your system’s current graphics configuration or there is a damaged game file still saved on your system. I’d like you to remove all files connected to this game and then try a few simple software updates. The information in this help article will guide you through the process:

Mac Game Errors
http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=175

Once the software updates have been initiated and you’ve made sure to uninstall and reinstall the game, please follow the steps below:

1. Restart your computer.

2. Open the game’s .dmg folder. Drag the game icon to the ‘Applications’ folder and run it from there.

3. Restart the game using a new player profile. For more information on reinstalling a Mac game, please see:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game
http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492

If you continue to have trouble, I’d be happy to explore the situation further. In your reply, please let me know the steps you’ve taken and if anything has changed as a result. I look forward to your reply.

Chris
Customer Support
www.BigFishGames.com
I’ll be here in the office Sunday - Thursday

I'm going to try and do what this offers and see what happens. I'll let you know later.

[Post New]by GlennEmond on Jan 21, 10 6:27 PM
My reply to Big Fish games after trying their solution mentioned in my previous post.

"I’ve tried everything that you’ve suggested except changing a player profile. I never got that far. I can never get past a repeating menu where I should be able to start playing the game for 60 free minutes. I did add your response on the forum that was reporting this same problem that I was having. Maybe it will work for them but I will have to wait and see. Since I find that this isn’t unique with me, there must be something basically wrong with the program."

I hope that you might have a better result.

kwise
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by kwise on Jan 23, 10 8:14 AM
OOPS! I previously posted that the new version does not work either and I was wrong. After considerable troubleshooting, I realized that I had the wrong cable plugged in to my Dell 24 inch monitor. I was using the digita cablel and switched to vga and it is working fine. So, check your cables if you are experiencing a black screen with music only.

Karen

[Post New]by apollo2fish on Jan 23, 10 8:57 AM
I really think the game was O.k.But.... i payed more for this one and it was short,to say the lease. Its not my first swim around the pond.I will check walk thoughts better next time.

sopha
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by sopha on Jan 24, 10 3:28 AM
GlennEmond wrote:My reply to Big Fish games after trying their solution mentioned in my previous post.

"I’ve tried everything that you’ve suggested except changing a player profile. I never got that far. I can never get past a repeating menu where I should be able to start playing the game for 60 free minutes. I did add your response on the forum that was reporting this same problem that I was having. Maybe it will work for them but I will have to wait and see. Since I find that this isn’t unique with me, there must be something basically wrong with the program."

I have the same problem, OSX 10.4.11, everything is updated. I still don't get past the menu telling me I have 60 minutes free play.

[Post New]by GlennEmond on Jan 24, 10 11:37 AM
The latest answer from Big Fish games states that this game will work with Intel Macs only using OSX 10.4 or greater. The specifications say:

CPU: 800 Mhz
RAM: 256 MB
Hard Drive: 160 MB

Apparently it doesn't work with PowerPC processors. Of course they should have said that. Anyone out there have it working on a PowerPC?

stormy_1962
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by stormy_1962 on Jan 26, 10 8:40 AM
Mine froze up trying to get the fishing rod from the wharf am unable to get any further in the game, is their some kind of update I need to dowbnload?
Stormy

[Post New]by nanabellew on Feb 2, 10 9:50 PM
sopha wrote:
GlennEmond wrote:My reply to Big Fish games after trying their solution mentioned in my previous post.

I have the same problem, OSX 10.4.11, everything is updated. I still don't get past the menu telling me I have 60 minutes free play.

bumby
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by bumby on Feb 12, 10 12:14 AM
why is the date on everyone questions dated a week from now????

bumby
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by bumby on Feb 12, 10 12:15 AM
never mind, i'm still in january....duh

margaretm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by margaretm on Mar 5, 10 4:00 PM
i have the penny dreadfuls tm sweeney todd and am having no trouble just need the walkthrough

thanks margaretm

Go to: