achievements

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on May 20, 16 8:19 AM
I get so sick of buying CE'S and not being able to get all the achievements, especially when you do all and you don't get the achievement for that.
Also tired of putting a time limit on HOP's to get a achievement, the one where you have to finish 5 or 10 HOP;s in one minute or less, when they are shadowed, or morphed or having to put things together to make an object, its impossible.
If you do have to do these things then have HOP's in the extra section and if you play them over and over you can eventually get the achievement you want, rather than having to play the whole game again, which I tried under the same profile and still cant get 5 in a row less than one minute. Bah Humbug

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

Re:achievements

[Post New]by Poof11 on May 20, 16 10:44 PM
I actually came onto the forum to see if anyone else had not gotten certain achievements although they had earned them. I did not receive the achievement for not using hints in any HO scene,
I turn off all the sparkles, hints and skips in games since I have found to many developers feel the need to either light up an object if they think a few seconds is too long before you find the next object. What I like to do is read through the list, scan the scene and then select the objects especially when there is a timed achievement. I have found that when there are multiple achievements for collecting many objects within a short period of time that this strategy works in getting that particular achievement. I have also found that if there are multiple items that need to be put together, I will start with that first, leave them until I complete them all and then start clicking away in succession the only thing that usually screws it up is the need for developers to interrupt you to let you know that you have just earned said achievement. If they could just wait until you have completed the scene to let you know what you have earned, I think many would earn more, since maybe on that particular HO scene you were on a role and could have gotten the 10 in 10 if you hadn't been interrupted and then later maybe pick up the 3 in 3 or whatever....JMO.

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:achievements

[Post New]by daggy_k on Jul 10, 16 2:15 AM
Poof11 wrote:I did not receive the achievement for not using hints in any HO scene

Me, too.

And yes, I'd love to have the opportunity to replay the HOPs, because I like to collect achievements, but hate to be stressed. I play games to relax and have fun, not for being under pressure.

Go to: