Post any DinerTown Tycoon technical issues here only

[Post New]by jschoener on Jan 16, 10 5:17 PM
I bought this game quite a bit ago, but now when I try to open it, it automatically shuts down. It used to work... Any ideas? I've tried removing it and re-installing it, but the same thing keeps happening. Thanks!

Edited on 06/06/2011 at 9:06:49 AM PST

muffyvan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:DinerTown Technical Difficulties

[Post New]by muffyvan on Feb 5, 10 4:24 PM
I am having the same problem too. Used to be able to play it but now I can't .

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 13, 10 1:14 PM
I know this doesn't help you any but I tried downloading it from here and from another website and it crashes as soon as I try to open it. I've removed it and started over & done all the usual things.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 19, 11 2:57 AM
Well this is strange. I downloaded the game, thinking "didn't I used to have this?" and it would not open. I came on here & saw that almost exactly a year ago I had the same problem. I dont know what is wrong, it just wont open at all now.
I dont know if I'm even going to bother contacting CS because I didnt purchase it this time. I dont remember about last year. What strange timing though.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Post any DinerTown Tycoon technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 6, 11 9:06 AM
Hey fishies!

I see that a tech thread for this game has already been started, so instead of creating and stickying a new one, I'll just go ahead and sticky this one so that we can keep all of the tech issues for this game together.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

===========================================

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any DinerTown Tycoon technical issues here only

[Post New]by Lauradmalkav on Jan 15, 12 9:09 AM
I have been playing this game quite some time ago, then my pc crashed, and I have not re-installed the game until today... however, the game won't play, once I start it, I receive an access violation error message. I tried to re-install, to start is administrator, updated flash player, directx and my graphic card as much as possible. Could it be that the game is not compatible with Win7? I checked that I had de-activitated any Anti-virus/Spysoftware, but that did not help either...

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any DinerTown Tycoon technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 15, 12 10:16 AM
Hi Lauradmalkav,

If you've already tried all of the recommended steps in the 'Access Violation' help article, you may want to take a look at the 'Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen' help article next, particularly the 'Install the latest software updates/Adjust your graphics settings' section.

If that doesn't help either, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 01/15/2012 at 10:16:51 AM PST

Go to: