Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

Neptune's Secret Reviews

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jan 17, 10 4:38 AM
Ok - I'm spoiled MCF, Drawn, Princess Isabella, Mushrooms, etc. This is a GOGI Game but I'm not sure what they were thinking in releasing a game of this poor quality in 2009. Very reminiscent of very early HOG games when you'd die to get something like this. It was about a 53 KB download for trial.

It has a storyline and a narrator which wasn't a bad start. You have a task to discover who you are and help Zeus. There is a map to follow your journey, but so far you can't make a choice of where you are going. Poor graphics make it difficult for my eyes to find items. I'm sure there are those who enjoy finding items when given a list of shadow items, I don't. You have to find gems each play to fill a hint in your necklace. Gems do sparkle - otherwise you'd never realize they were gems.There is a meter that goes up and down when you fast click and dims the room if you click to fast or to many times. I only got to the fish market (third scene) twenty minutes in before deleting, sorry; for myself it is not worth $2.99. The one hope is it might get better and if so I apologize for my review.

Edited on 01/17/2010 at 4:46:08 AM PST

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:Neptune's Secret Reviews

[Post New]by Slite on Jan 17, 10 5:17 AM
I agree with Joyfullady, this game is very repetitive and has somewhat grainy graphics. It's a no frills HOG that might even tempt me if I didn't already have several better games to play. I did like the fast click meter.

I think if one could combine the good features of this game and yesterday's Detective Stories Hollywood that one could make a single pretty good game.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Jan 17, 10 7:19 AM
I enjoythis game and the story. for a special deal it is right.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jan 17, 10 9:13 AM
I'm with zorrogumbo. It is a fine little game particularly for the price.

I was surprised to see that I had never tried this game before. I thought I tried every HOG as it was introduced. Oh well. Something for a rainy day in Georgia.

halfadime7
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by halfadime7 on Jan 17, 10 1:21 PM
Okay, so I bought this one without looking first. BIG mistake. No walkthrough available, and I've looked everywhere. I'm stuck looking for scrolls and no hints left. Now what? Not terribly impressed. Don't like the "silhouette" item at all, willing to put up with it, but it doesn't let you replace your hints as you need. Gives options of replacing hints you already have. Duh! Sorry I paid for it, but at least it was only $2.99. No wonder it's on sale. LOL, you get what you pay for!!!

halfadime7
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by halfadime7 on Jan 17, 10 1:28 PM
BTW... forgot to mention.... hold on to your hint jewels; they get more scarce as the game progresses. If you need a red and blue jewel it will only offer a green and white jewel. How convenient for the game? I thought they wanted us to like their product. How silly of me. LOL

[Post New]by JacquelineL on Jan 18, 10 12:22 PM
There is a walkthrough available. Check out [Gamezebo]

Edited on 02/01/2010 at 10:32:16 AM PST

Newfie1035
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Newfie1035 on Jan 18, 10 5:45 PM
I too think that this isn't a vry good game at all - the graphics are terrible and you have to do the same thing over and over - waste of money

peachycat
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by peachycat on Jan 20, 10 12:53 AM
This one of the few games that I didn't finish the demo for. Deleted it after 20 minutes. Clues were next to impossible to find.

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Jan 23, 10 2:56 PM
I'm at the theatre and have collected everything except the last piece of the chair and I've used all the hints so I am stuck and don't know what else I can do. Can anyone help me? I feel so dumb after reading all the comments. Please help!

BUMP

Edited on 01/24/2010 at 6:11:44 PM PST

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jan 27, 10 6:47 PM
I liked this game - it was a bit repetitive, but the story was cute and the music and underwater animation soothing. The trick is replacing jewels as you find them - I never ran out of hints - had 4 at the end, yet I used about one every other scene. Liked the hidden pieces, and agree silouettes aren't my favorite either, but this was different from other HOGs and fun. Wyatt's voice sounded like the young brother from Book of Legends.

halfadime7
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by halfadime7 on Jan 28, 10 2:06 PM
JacquelineL

Thanks for the help Jacqueline. One of the first places I looked was Gamezebo, but I'll look again. Apparently I missed it. I haven't given up yet, still working on it.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 21, 10 9:11 AM
Alas, another Daily Deal not for me.

Story and music are good, but I just don't enjoy finding shapes.
It seems whenever a game uses shapes, they have to really
darken the scenes and it's just too hard on my eyes. Had to
quit demo with 20 minutes still remaining.

Back to finishing some of my other games.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 21, 10 9:16 AM
I like it It's nothing special, but for $2.99, it's worth the price.

From my notes:

Neptune's Secret - Pretty good gameplay. Each scene starts with finding items by outline, then find 10 of an item, then piece together some things so that you can move on to the next level. Nice graphics. Like the hint system, it's fun. Can find 2-4 colored gems to fill up your hint amulet on each level. Cannot place a gem you already have, so if you want to collect it, you'll have to use the gem you have first.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Feb 21, 10 9:27 AM
I thought this game was well worth the $2.99 I paid for it. It's very easy,was fun and attractive. It's a great little no-brainer time waster while you are waiting to go somewhere,or whatever. I'm pleased with it.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 21, 10 11:45 AM
I'm sorry but not even for $2.99. Seems to me the DD's have been either games I bought years ago or games I would never buy anyway. Silly gem thing. Very grainy and very slow.

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on May 14, 10 5:53 PM
This game was good, but it didn't blow me away. I bought it for my collection. The story with the girl and the Greek gods was good, the graphics could had been better in some scenes, however over all they were okay. I wonder if there will be a second game to this. I thought this game entertained me enough.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 24, 11 10:33 PM
Ug, I'm totally unimpressed with this game. Even if the story and graphics were really awesome, there's the dumb part of her diving down to the site alone (and even if no diving partner for safety, how is she going to get those 10 swords and whatever else back on her own?), and in buildings that she had to brute force through, there are alarm clocks and exit signs and such like that. It's as if they had put together some hidden object scenes, and then desperately tried to fit some story to it.

merediffy
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by merediffy on Nov 24, 11 8:06 AM
I played the demo. I'm not impressed at all. The scenes were gray and I found it really difficult to find the items because of it. Some of didn't look like what the sillouette showed. I ended up using bunches of hints to find them. Very frustrating.

Go to: