Re:Neptune's Secret $2.99

[Post New]by katfish13 on Jan 17, 10 1:38 PM
I have to admit that when games come up for only $2.99 I am usually all for it, but this isn't even worth that. I like to be challenged when it comes to logically figuring out what to do next and this game practically does the work for you. It tells you every step of the way, which is absolutely annoying, what you will be looking for and doing. Boring!

The graphics aren't bad, but I'm not about "cartoon" type stories at all.

The hint system is stupid and makes you wait those extra annoying seconds for the rendering of the special affects to just show you where you need to click.

The shape idea is ok, but not my cup of tea and it would be nice if you can actually find the articles without hints because the screen's too dark or because they are drawn to look like something else.

Overall, not worth even $2,99 and I uninstalled after only 20 mins of the demo because I was bored out of my mind.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Jan 17, 10 3:44 PM
i just love the narrator's voice. The objects sometimes are bigger than what you would expect or smaller but for me it just makes it more challenging for the game. and i did try not to use my hints and find some very good hunting for me. It is a harder find items than most games lately. Still loving it and enjoying . at the end of each place there is an interactive moment.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 17, 10 4:10 PM
this game is truly an example of each to his/her own. like the first post on this page, i like the game.
i rarely fly in the face of bunches of negative reviews (i sorta learned to listen to rumbling in the pond when i went ahead and bought hollywood detective anyway - yikes!). but i have to say, i found myself enjoying the relaxing 1-hr trial of neptune's secret.
the game is simply constructed, hardly any talking/text to wade through, and no timer to stress you. it's a game where you take your time seeking the hidden objects. some are tricky, some are perfectly visible.
if you want a timer to compete against, stunning graphics, a dark story-line like so many of the games that are all the rage right now, and brain numbing puzzles/locks/mini-games that send you screaming for the walk-through, this game probably is not for you.
i don't think it has any mini-games 'in between' as we know them.
each location has 3 phases to it. silhouettes rather than word lists, then find 10 of 1 type of item. then in phase 3, find pieces of a couple of items and then use those items in order to progress to the next location.
i am buying it because it has no timer and the 1-hr trial flew (swam) by quickly.

Snipis
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Snipis on Jan 17, 10 10:10 PM
I rather liked the game. I liked the three phases in each location . I didn't think the items were to hard to find or difficult to figure out. I rarely use hints and only used an average of one per area in this game. I was trying to get all the gems which is why I was using the hints mostly. I did find that annoying that you couldnt gather the gems if you already had that color. I admit I wouldn't pay full price but for 2.99 I think I will buy the game.

Snipis
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Snipis on Jan 18, 10 12:40 AM
I still liked it but I finished rather fast. I had to restart from the begining for some reason and finished in two hours. Probably would have taken longer if I hadn't already found the items in the first few locations fairly recently. Just letting you know it is probably good for three hours if you are fast at these HOGs.

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Jan 18, 10 12:51 AM
I liked it very much and bought it right away. I NEVER rush through Hidden Object Games...I don't see the point. I just take my time and enjoy the beautiful artwork and try not to use any hints. I did use a few in my one hour trial though. I had a hard time finding the gems and usually found two out of three. The underwater scenes are clear and not murky. I sometimes found it hard to see (or make out) an object at the top of the screen where you are inside the ship and the top is dark. Thanks BF...I enjoy the game. A great Daily Deal for me

[Post New]by greatjob on Jan 20, 10 9:04 AM
how do I get out of the room with the ladder ? No hot spots.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Feb 22, 10 8:56 PM
Great game! My daughter and I both enjoyed it.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Feb 22, 10 8:57 PM
greatjob wrote:how do I get out of the room with the ladder ? No hot spots.

Check at the top of the room. There's one that is almost hidden at the top left side.

Go to: