connecting the numbers at the end of Chapter 4

[Post New]by cassiesmom1 on May 22, 16 5:37 PM
I'm not sure if this is a technical issue or if I am doing something wrong. At the end of Chapter 4 there is a game where it says to connect the numbers in ascending order. It looks like a child's connect the dots game and is not difficult. The problem is that I have connected all of the numbers and nothing happens. My screen looks exactly as the solution shows in the strategy guide. It seems as if something should happen then but nothing does. I have all of the numbers connected to the end, the number 98 I think, and nothing happens. I even thought that maybe I was supposed to connect the 98 back to the number 1 where it begins, but that doesn't work either. I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to do here. Has anyone else had this problem?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:connecting the numbers at the end of Chapter 4

[Post New]by burf90 on May 22, 16 7:03 PM
You don't need to connect the last number to 1. What probably happened is that you accidentally connected two numbers that were wrong, but it looks right. Some of the numbers are arranged three in a line, with a wrong number in the middle. For example, 1 - 10 - 2. But when you try to connect 1 to 2, you accidentally hit 10 first, which is wrong, but you can't tell by looking, because they're all in the same line. It happened to me several times.

What I found I had to do was connect the two outer numbers with a curved line to avoid touching the middle number. Then the game drew a straight line between them, even though I drew a curve.

I don't know if that's what happened to you, but it's worth trying again. Just reset and do it over.

Edited on 05/22/2016 at 7:04:51 PM PST

[Post New]by cassiesmom1 on May 23, 16 1:49 AM
I don't think that's what happened because it won't let you connect wrong numbers. If you do, the line turns red instead of white and the whole thing starts over again. That's why I'm pretty sure that it's right. The two places where you have to go around another number are at the beginning. I've gotten past those two and they're all connected, as I said. There is a white line going from the first number, through to every other number, ending at the 98. I've done it over and over again, numerous times. I'm just stuck there.

Edited on 05/23/2016 at 1:50:42 AM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 23, 16 4:57 PM
I know in a later one of these, I skipped a number I didn't see. I've finished the game, but I just looked at the strategy guide for the solution and the only number that you might possibly skip on this one would be 62 (middle bottom). Assuming you didn't skip one, then I can only say it must be a glitch.

The only other thing I can think of to try would be to change your cursor to the default Windows cursor in the Options and then try the puzzle. I know for a fact that you don't connect the last number to the 1, so it's not that.

The final picture is symmetrical, except for not connecting 98 to 1, and looks a little like a bat. (I think it's supposed to look like wings.)

[Post New]by cassiesmom1 on May 23, 16 7:18 PM
You can't skip a number because it won't let you. If you make a wrong connection, the line appears red for a second and then restarts the whole game. All of the correct connections are white lines and then you can continue.

Yes, it does make a symmetrical picture that resembles a bat, except for that final line that doesn't reconnect to the number one. I also agree that you do not connect that last number to the first number one as it doesn't show that way in the strategy guide.

I agree that it seems like a glitch and have posted this issue on the "technical issues" area but no has responded yet. It does seem odd to me that no one else has had this problem if it is a technical issue and yet it definitely does seem like a glitch.

Thank you all for trying to help.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 23, 16 8:27 PM
What's weird to me is that I know for a fact that I accidentally skipped a number on one of the later versions of this puzzle. It let me get all the way to the end of the puzzle and left me dangling like you are.

It only turned red and reset when I tried to connect to a number that was lower in value than the one I was coming from. That's when I learned to curve around the higher numbers in the middle of a straight line.

If no one in the tech thread has this problem, then your profile might have become corrupted somehow. I'm guessing your best bet is to try the uninstall and reinstall trick. If that doesn't do it, you may have to start a new profile.

Wish I could be more help.

Go to: