Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cursed House 3 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 23, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/23/2016 at 5:35:29 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cursed House 3 here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 23, 16 5:35 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Stormy9
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Stormy9 on May 24, 16 3:10 PM
I'm not quite half-way through, and it started flashing and blinking and pixeling (not a word yet!)! Can't keep playing like this. I'm on a PC (laptop), almost brand new.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 24, 16 3:26 PM
Hi Stomy9,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing display issues when trying to play this game. It is highly recommended to look at the following help articles for troubleshooting steps that have been known to help resolve this issue. In the first help article, please pay particular attention to Step Two: Update your video card driver. If this doesn't seem to help, running the game as an administrator helps to ensure that the game has the resources it needs to run smoothly.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Run Game as Administrator

If issues still occur, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to further troubleshoot and offer steps that are specific to your computer's configurations.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

Stormy9
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Stormy9 on May 24, 16 4:00 PM
Thanks for your quick response! After I posted here (obviously turning off the game first), I turned it back on and it had fixed itself!

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on May 24, 16 5:40 PM
Horrible game. It sat at the first scene (intro) for about 4 minutes, it finally brought up the first board VERRRRRRRY SLOWWWWWLY, tried to complete the first match but everything just floated around. I had to ctrl>alt>del to get out. I did not have any problems with 1 & 2.
I usually do not have problems with games here but lately about 50% are unplayable.

I have been waiting for a good 'Match 3' but this isn't it!

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on May 24, 16 7:40 PM
gertie23, it looks like this game need more powerful computer.
Cursed Houses 1 and 2 really needs a bit less performance from the computer, mostly because of less resolution and smaller boards.

Also, Cursed House 3 has more particle FX than 1 and 2.

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on May 24, 16 8:38 PM
FRHgames wrote:gertie23, it looks like this game need more powerful computer.
Cursed Houses 1 and 2 really needs a bit less performance from the computer, mostly because of less resolution and smaller boards.

Also, Cursed House 3 has more particle FX than 1 and 2.

Well according to the game page I have way more than what is required to run the game.

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on May 25, 16 2:18 AM
Well... I can't comment it because I don't know which computer we're speaking about.
I can only say that all our games are tested on Pentium 4 2.6 Ghz which is about 10 years old plus cheap videocard.
Maybe there's something being executed in the background - Antivirus, skype, etc.

jpabich
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by jpabich on May 25, 16 11:26 AM
I am experiencing very slow and sluggish mouse movement in this game that I don't have anywhere else or in any other game. I would buy it but I cannot take the mouse moving at a snail's pace.

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on May 25, 16 11:32 AM
yes, I understand that. In some cases switching off custom cursor may help.

[Post New]by scroungegirl on May 29, 16 8:54 PM
I bought and started playing CH3, but when I finished the 4th level, it froze up. I tried exiting the game and trying again, but it did the same thing again. Now that I've played the level three times, I'm requesting advice. What do I need to do so I can play the game beyond level 4? Thanks.

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on May 29, 16 9:26 PM
that's strange. OK, what you can do to skip that level is start the level, make couple of moves and just wait. After 20 minutes you'll be offered to skip it.

I don't think, however, that it will help.
How much RAM is in your computer?

[Post New]by scroungegirl on May 31, 16 1:23 PM
FRHgames: I have 4 GB of RAM on my computer, with 3.75 GB available. Since I posted, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and starting a new player. Same problem. I have now started the game up and played part of the level, to see if the skip option comes up.
Will report on outcome.

[Post New]by scroungegirl on May 31, 16 1:45 PM
Skip option came up, took me to the end of the level, and it froze just like it does when I play the level. What gives? Please help!

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on May 31, 16 7:50 PM
No ideas.
4 GB is more than enough.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jun 5, 16 3:13 PM
New HP Computer Win 10
After level 26 started acting erratic on every level. Did the shutoff and restart. Would fix the problem on that level, and then start flickering on the next level. Obviously a very significant flaw in the game. I gave up on level 31 or 32.

Stormy9 wrote:Thanks for your quick response! After I posted here (obviously turning off the game first), I turned it back on and it had fixed itself!

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Jun 5, 16 9:11 PM
what means "acting erratic"?
Could you describe it in more details?

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jun 6, 16 2:03 PM
Thank you for your response. Problem with pixelating and flashing just like the others have said. I forged on ahead and just finished level 33 with no difficulties. I love your games and hopefully will have no more problems. I will let you know if I experience any more difficulty.

FRHgames wrote:what means "acting erratic"?

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jun 6, 16 4:32 PM
Level 55
Replay button not showing completely and no words. Some kind of red diagram covering half the button.

meanbusiness wrote:Thank you for your response. Problem with pixelating and flashing just like the others have said. I forged on ahead and just finished level 33 with no difficulties. I love your games and hopefully will have no more problems. I will let you know if I experience any more difficulty.

FRHgames wrote:what means "acting erratic"?

Go to: