Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Cursed House 3 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 23, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for you reviews.

Edited on 05/23/2016 at 5:34:32 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Cursed House 3 here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 23, 16 5:34 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Cursed House 3 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Cursed House 3.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Taynicjam
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Taynicjam on May 23, 16 7:40 AM
I am a big fan of M3 and this one is certainly different!

A house full of evil spirits who are banished by your M3 skills with a mini-game at the end of each little section.

On a positive note:

1. Not standard M3. Blow up various items to access different parts of the level. Not as easy as you might think.
2. Enjoyable to a degree because you actually have to work out how to get the explosions into position before detonating them and ensuring they don't detonate on their own before you want them to.

On a less positive note:

1. Who beta-tested this game? having to click on the <PLAY> button to play each level within the level. ANNOYING.
2. Bird skeleton heads gave me the creeps.
3. Some of the pictures were the same colour - not terribly relaxing.

Although there is a fun factor to the challenge of the levels, it's a no buy for me. I'll wait for the next one - which I hope has the annoying bits removed.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on May 23, 16 7:48 AM
Agree completely Taynicjam. So nice to have a different match3. My problem is the pieces are so small and similar, I get a headache after 15min. Am on the fence. Might buy and play as a diversion from HOGs. At least I don't have to tend flowers or build a village. Game does move at a good pace, although a little confusing about what you have to do. Should come easier, as game progresses, to figure out.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 23, 16 9:48 AM
Sooo close, but no buy. Small pieces, non contrasting colors, and almost impossible spot the difference games. Having to hit the play button insessently. The developer has some great ideas, but these old eyes can't cope.

babsvb1948
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by babsvb1948 on May 23, 16 9:58 AM
I was excited to see another Cursed House since I have and enjoyed the other 2. I played this just about 10 mins when I knew it was a buy for me. This is another great game.

Scobeaux
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Scobeaux on May 23, 16 4:32 PM
I too enjoyed the previous two games so much that I bought this one without even bothering with the trial and I am not disappointed. It took a while to understand what was going on but by the fifth level I caught on. In the previous games they would give you a particular type of challenge in each of (I think) 10 levels. In this game they sort of combine several of the challenges in a single level. It pays to just look at the level before doing anything to figure out what is going on and plan your strategy. I am astonished and delighted to see that this developer continues to raise the M3 genre to new and creative heights. While it might be confusing at first, it more than repays your efforts.

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on May 24, 16 2:01 PM
I love it. I think it's better than the second and certainly better than the first. I only played about 10 minutes of the demo and bought it. Yes, it's a little confusing at first but once you figure out the strategy, it works well. Try reading the instructions (LOL... isn't that usually the last thing you do?) before you start and it'll become clear what is expected.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on May 24, 16 3:32 PM
Old_Man_River wrote:Sooo close, but no buy. Small pieces, non contrasting colors, and almost impossible spot the difference games. Having to hit the play button insessently. The developer has some great ideas, but these old eyes can't cope.

I have to agree, and I really liked the first two.

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on May 26, 16 5:26 AM
Doing my happy dance!! I'm sooooo excited for another Cursed House! I really, really love these games.

I was a little confused by some other posts saying the pieces were hard to distinguish from each other. I have very bad eyesight and didn't have problems. Maybe check your brightness or contrast level on your monitor. That might help.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on May 26, 16 1:00 PM
This is by far the best "Match-3" game that I have ever played.

It will keep you on your toes and make you think about the moves that you want to make. The challenge is there.

I also like the variety of playing Hidden Object (very difficult to find items), Solitaire and "Spot the Difference" (really makes you look) mini-games. These mini-games break up the constant Match-3 with variety.

Edited on 05/26/2016 at 1:01:40 PM PST

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on May 29, 16 7:26 AM
I am loving it. It's not so difficult as to be miserable; it's just fun. Sometimes you have to look for the "catch" in a level. "Hmm, I am not getting anywhere. What did I miss?"

[Post New]by jimweinberg on May 29, 16 12:32 PM
I love M3 games and have played CH and CH2 and thoroughly enjoyed them. Bought this one without even thinking. BIG MISTAKE. if you have lots of time on your hands and aren't looking for much of a challenge, then this game is definitely for you. On the other hand, if you like a challenging game where you either compete against the clock or against a number of moves. Forget this game.

Oh, it has both play options. The problem is that you can't win this game under either of challenge options. You end up wasting time or moves trying to get things where you want them while the game is set up to frustrate your efforts. Relaxed mode is the only mode that allows you to get to the end.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that if you don't like hidden object games or mahjong games, this game has both. Luckily, you can skip these. But what's the sense of having a game where you skip every 4th or 5th scene?

They need to rethink the next CH version, if there is one.

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on May 30, 16 9:16 AM
With my happy dancing completed, I realized I forgot to write an actual review.

Great Match 3 by the same developers as the previous Cursed House games and the Laruaville series. This game actually plays more like Laruaville than the previous Cursed House games. On each M3 level, you have to look at the board for a minute to figure out your goals for the level and what you need to do to achieve the goal. Sometimes it's figuring out how to set off the bombs, sometimes it's getting rid of bugs or using the fire to melt the coins. Each level is different. This is one of the main reasons I love these games. You just never know what each board will bring.

Every few levels you get a change and have a Spot the Difference, Hidden Object, Solitaire or other type of game. These are mostly fun. If you get stuck, the hint button is very helpful and recharges quickly.

If you enjoy Match 3 games, definitely at least demo this one. You might not like it but then again, you may just love it as much as I do!

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jun 12, 16 11:49 AM
Totally agree. Loved the game. I am ready for another happy dance when a new game appears. I loved the Laruaville series and Floria.

NanaLoona wrote:With my happy dancing completed, I realized I forgot to write an actual review.

Great Match 3 by the same developers as the previous Cursed House games and the Laruaville series. This game actually plays more like Laruaville than the previous Cursed House games. On each M3 level, you have to look at the board for a minute to figure out your goals for the level and what you need to do to achieve the goal. Sometimes it's figuring out how to set off the bombs, sometimes it's getting rid of bugs or using the fire to melt the coins. Each level is different. This is one of the main reasons I love these games. You just never know what each board will bring.

Every few levels you get a change and have a Spot the Difference, Hidden Object, Solitaire or other type of game. These are mostly fun. If you get stuck, the hint button is very helpful and recharges quickly.

If you enjoy Match 3 games, definitely at least demo this one. You might not like it but then again, you may just love it as much as I do!

Please post your REVIEWS for Cursed House 3 here.

[Post New]by bnesmom on Jun 19, 16 2:03 PM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for you reviews.

I bought this game and am sorry that I did. There are several levels where numerous moves are possible, but the game message is "no more available moves" . My choices then are to restart the level or click on "OK". Which brings me back to main screen. If I try to play the level again, I get the same message. This is incredibly annoying. There have been times where I was within 2-3 moves of passing the level when I get the message & have to start completely over!

Am I the only one with this problem?

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Jun 19, 16 3:10 PM
I've already answered you in another tread.
It means that you're playing Limited Moves mode ( which is NOT default game mode ).
If you don't want to be limited, just go into options and set "No limits" mode.

Go to: