Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Prehistoric Tales here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 25, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/25/2016 at 6:31:35 AM PST

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Prehistoric Tales here.

[Post New]by efi24 on May 25, 16 4:13 AM
I thought the music sounded familiar lol It is a lot like the game "Finders" if you've played it before, (available in BFG, under TM games, probably same developing team, as the graphics are a bit alike, seems friendlier this one, although I didn't check 100%, but is a nice game), same concept of gathering all kinds of materials, expanding lands, filling quests and leveling up to earn more experience and such, there are no standard levels - it's those sort of games you can dive into for hours and freely play, while doing tasks etc. I'm not sure Finders is the best of those. After all there were games like "the island castaway", or even "gemini lost", "farm tribe" and a few more nice ones I can think of. (not to mention the unforgettable and eternal "chocolatier" series and "wandering willows", god how I miss games like that!!! I believe all are still available, if you never tried... classics!) I guess you can say it falls under TM/Strategy games? Kinda adventurous but it's not a HOG.

I'm going all nostalgic here lol t's mostly a lot like "Finders", there's additional music in this one lol which is nice, and some sort of battling monsters theme to it as a mini game, hard to say how it goes from a 1 hour trial, but it seems nice, if you like the "no levels, dive in for hours" type of games. Of course they need to be very inviting to make these dives, I find this one not overwhelming me with wow, but enough to make me curious. I basically do like these sort of games, so am likely to buy this one. Hope it'll be as fun as it potentially may (these type of games have excellent potential but it takes a few hours to get into them, and if they're good, they are usually worth playing over and over several times, so yep, nice. Really wish they made more good ones of this sort lol)

Have fun!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 25, 16 6:33 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Prehistoric Tales here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Prehistoric Tales.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on May 25, 16 7:16 AM
This is an excellent resource-management game. It has shades of time-management without a timer, and battles like Heroes of Might & Magic without being an RPG. It's a breath of fresh air, and something different in a sea of sameness. Give it a try...

Edited on 05/25/2016 at 7:19:35 AM PST

theepicdog
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by theepicdog on May 25, 16 2:58 PM
I enjoyed it but completed it in a couple of hours wish it had been a bit longer.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on May 26, 16 5:24 PM
Wow, the first hour was great! The second hour was pretty good, then it was a snore fest for the final hour and bam! the game was over after less than 3 hours.

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on May 27, 16 9:53 PM
I'm loving this game. Shades of Totem Tribe, Island Castaway, Finders, Adelantado. Building, resource gathering, fulfilling quests in an untimed environment is ideal.

What makes Prehistoric Tales even more enjoyable is the turn-based fighting. Where some casual strategy games use Match 3 for turn-based fighting (novel and enjoyable), here we go back to the traditional style found in RPGs. If you are long in the tooth, like me, and can no longer cope with heavy in-depth RPG games, then there's nothing better than seeing traditional turn-based fighting in a casual game!

Prehistoric Tales is the type of game that can be finished quickly, or you can take as much time as you like with it! I've played at least 4 hours and am only on level 12. I'm finding it quite therapeutic poodling around gathering resources, building and upgrading and I spend quite a bit of time fighting in between the quest battles, lol! I reckon it will be a long game for me and I hope to see more like this.

[Post New]by Molly32700 on May 29, 16 10:21 AM

Edited on 05/31/2016 at 3:05:18 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 31, 16 3:08 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team definitely appreciates the time that players take in posting their feedback and review for our games. We do ask that players keep in mind the Review Guidelines when posting in this particular thread, specifically,

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Prehistoric Tales.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If players are experiencing technical issues, it is encouraged to post in the designated technical issues thread. I'll include a link below:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Prehistoric Tales here.

By posting technical issues in the above thread, it helps the Moderation Team identify trends in what players are experiencing to bring to the attention of the appropriate teams. Thank you for your understanding.

bfgBellerophon

AdrianaIP
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Can you be more considerate of your customers?

[Post New]by AdrianaIP on Oct 14, 16 8:43 AM
I have a big gripe with some developers who think that because you are good at one kind of game, you are good at others. That is not true. They include minigames in the storyline. Considerate developers put a SKIP button for layers who suck at those minigames. J***k developers, like this one, force players to try to win at a minigame that they are not good at, and refuse to let them go on until they solve that minigame.

I hate this kind of disconsideration from a developer. I hate having to fight battles, with no way of winning them, even if I hit the Autobattle button.

I consider these developers j**ks to be avoided

Go to: