bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Fix-It-Up: World Tour forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 19, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Fix-It-Up: World Tour forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Fix-It-Up: World Tour players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Lazzarith
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Welcome to Fix-It-Up: World Tour forum

[Post New]by Lazzarith on Jan 19, 10 7:56 AM
Is this game worth buying if you already have the original Fix it Up game?

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Jan 19, 10 8:21 AM
Looks like a nice follow-up to the original. I had planned to buy the original but I may get this one although I did well in the trial. The game may end too fast for me to get the game. So we'll see.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Jan 19, 10 9:11 AM
I really enjoyed the first and am enjoying the hour's demo. Will probably buy this. I would like to say that this game does have a timer but it is very generous and you can replay the level over if necessary. Even if you don't hit the "gold" time you still get a score for a silver. It never times you out or kills you! There is also a free play mode.
I like the idea of building a mansion and am looking forward to the romance. I would like Kate to choose Steve - but then I would as I am married to a Steve!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 19, 10 9:41 AM
I am a big tm-fan and I really love this game! I have waited for this for months, because I loved the first part and this is also good! But I will for buying until I read more reviews on Bigfish and Gamezebo, because I am not sure if the game is very different then the first part.!

Edited on 01/21/2010 at 10:24:07 AM PST

Saturn1985
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by Saturn1985 on Jan 19, 10 9:56 AM
QEIII wrote:...but then I would as I am married to a Steve!

Which is the best possible choice IMO

I strongly recommend this game. Wonderful gameplay, and at least in the first part the difficulty and length of levels strongly increased in the course of the game, guess it will be the same in the sequel. Finally a great tm game again, I'm really happy!!!

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Jan 19, 10 2:52 PM
Is this a TM like farm mania or a TM like a strategy/sim game like build a lot?

[Post New]by shirl17 on Jan 20, 10 5:35 AM
is anyone else having problems cleaning the cars??? In Rio I double click on the car and have enough workers but they still won't clean the cars and I can't pass this level because of that.

jorob716
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by jorob716 on Jan 21, 10 3:34 PM
I like this game more than the first Fix-it-Up as it lasts a lot longer although I really liked the first one too.

I found two glitches: one was in Spain, Stage 3 where you are supposed to get two SUV's, two Bee's and two of the sports car. I had no problem with the SUV's but the game would not recognize the 2nd Bee or the 2nd Sportscar. I can't get gold as I have to make three of each of those.

The second one was very similar in one of the Japan levels, it wouldn't recognize the supercycles.

I still made silver but (barely and after hitting replay about 5-6 times before I finally figured out what to do to end that level). Have any of you had this problem. All the tasks were lit up at the bottom and I had the "eco" and insured symbol, they were complete, but the program didn't recognize those particular cars.

[Post New]by gematta568 on Jan 22, 10 2:55 AM
Hy all
problem windows 7 64bit?
and nvidia card bug?
is ripping the picture and the game is jamming

[Post New]by alikka on Jan 23, 10 8:52 AM
I'm wondering if you are planning to fix the huge video issues with this game in Windows 7?
I have done everything mentioned on your site (disabling aero, setting compatibility mode, updating video drivers, etc.) to fix this and i still cannot play the game trial without getting a blue screen. I have 2 computers in the house with different specs and neither one can run this game in Windows 7. Seems to me like this is something that wasn't even tested since the problems with the game start as soon as the game loads. Be nice to be able to play this one, please fix it!!
Thanks for reading.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jan 23, 10 7:00 PM
Really enjoyed this game.

Sometimes time management games can be a bit slow and you end up sitting around waiting for things to happen, as this game is very involved you do not have to worry about that.

The only problem I had was very slow loading screens, however that might just be because I have a temperamental laptop that goes back to the stone age.

Would be a game I would think about buying, just for those days when I want something less intense on the little grey cells.

Nice game and a great follow up.

The mansion is a nice little side project too.

[Post New]by barb05 on Jan 24, 10 7:20 PM
Does anyone have any tips on how to get green points?

jorob716
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

HELP!!!!

[Post New]by jorob716 on Jan 27, 10 6:18 PM
I have finished all the game and bonus rounds in gold . . . EXCEPT . . . Japan 2. I can get everything but the $400,000 rent. Can anyone please give me some ideas, I've worked on this level almost 2 full days and 1/2 of a night. I've tried everything I can think of and still cannot make gold. I'm ready to pull my hair out.

Thanks to anyone for their suggestions!! I am totally stuck on this Japan 2 level forever I think. :-)

[Post New]by whatthefolk on Jan 28, 10 3:51 PM
I've found a bug. Do not upgrade the repair center until you see the conversation between Kate and Martin. If you do, you will not be able to complete the round.

Edited on 01/28/2010 at 4:02:30 PM PST

jorob716
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

DEPERATE CRY FOR HELP

[Post New]by jorob716 on Jan 29, 10 12:49 PM
I have finished all the game and bonus rounds in gold . . . EXCEPT . . . Japan 2. I can get everything but the $400,000 rent. Can anyone please give me some ideas, I've worked on this level FOR SEVERAL DAYS AND A NIGHT. I've tried everything I can think of and still cannot make gold. I'm ready to pull my hair out.

Thanks to anyone for their suggestions!! I am totally stuck on this Japan 2 level forever I think. :-)

Please someone . . . anyone . . . that has made gold on this level that is willing to share their ideas!!!

[Post New]by spongerob on Jan 30, 10 7:31 AM
barb05 wrote:Does anyone have any tips on how to get green points?
hi barb05 all you do is fix the car's as normal...ie paint them,tune them up....... each car has a different level of green points .....good luck

HELP!!!!

[Post New]by spongerob on Jan 30, 10 7:36 AM
jorob716 wrote:I have finished all the game and bonus rounds in gold . . . EXCEPT . . . Japan 2. I can get everything but the $400,000 rent. Can anyone please give me some ideas, I've worked on this level almost 2 full days and 1/2 of a night. I've tried everything I can think of and still cannot make gold. I'm ready to pull my hair out.

no need pull your hair out......
all you need too do is buy horse car's s they give you the rent and superbikes.

jorob716
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by jorob716 on Jan 31, 10 6:40 PM
Spongerob, thanks bunches. I'll give it a try.

jorob716
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by jorob716 on Jan 31, 10 11:04 PM
Problem, Spongerob. I start out with the Bee, a superbike that needs to be painted, waxed and insured so it won't breakdown. At the same time, repair the horse you are given, totally mod it out, wax and insure, again so it won't breakdown. I do everything to the Bee and sell it so I can buy parts to repair the bikes and horses that are needed. Do everything I need to do to each of them, wax and insure them andI still finish right over the gold limit in the silver. During the game I either don't have the money to buy some of the horses as they want $500,000 for a broken down horse or they just don't come to sell their car in time. I give up. I'm going to bed and start again tomorrow. I'm not pulling hair but it is frustrating. I love time managment games and can usually figure out the strategy I need after a few tries and have finished the complete game in gold, like I said, except this one (Japan 2). Do I need to insure all the bikes and cars? It seems if I don't insure them then in less than a minute left in gold they break down.

Thanks for trying to help. I'll keep on it . . . maybe one day!! :-)

Go to: