nikoko
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Error Access

[Post New]by nikoko on Jan 19, 10 12:33 AM
I am getting an error access violation when trying to open the game. Anyone else getting this problem?

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Error Access

[Post New]by govegril on Jan 19, 10 1:06 AM
The game is working ok here- sorry you are having a problem

Oudespoor
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Oudespoor on Jan 19, 10 2:44 AM
Never mind access violations, this Fix-It-Up tells me immediately the download is complete that my trial period has expired. I was in the middle of another BFG game, been playing an endless level for 4 days now (having saved everytime I closed my game) had over 6 million in money and 500,000 in stars and it through me out and now I have to start from 0.

BFG better fix this before anyone else loses their games.

[Post New]by boo2002 on Jan 19, 10 4:29 AM
Hi.. I have tried to play this game twice and both times it has turned my pc off. How it does it, I do not know. Both times were on the first level, I'd be playing, then all of a sudden my pc was off., no shutting down windows screen, just completely black, power off. There must be a bug/glitch. For the one minute I got to play, the gameplay was also jerky.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 19, 10 9:39 AM
I had only problems with this game after maybe 40 minutes, but only because my laptop gets very hot. I think thats the reason for your problem.

[Post New]by sxycop on Jan 19, 10 12:46 PM
getting same error message

Edited on 01/19/2010 at 12:47:09 PM PST

[Post New]by Weirdkitten on Jan 19, 10 2:41 PM
I've been having issues, but i got to Brazil before I got 'blue screen of death' and it turned of my computer, i've tried it twice now and it does the same thing, anyone know of a fix?

[Post New]by jones0096 on Jan 19, 10 3:12 PM
I am also having the same issue it will let me click to play but never pop up.. and if i click again it tells me another game is in process.. any fixes yet?

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Jan 19, 10 3:19 PM
Weirdkitten wrote:I've been having issues, but i got to Brazil before I got 'blue screen of death' and it turned of my computer, i've tried it twice now and it does the same thing, anyone know of a fix?

I have a new version of the blue screen of death. I barely got through the tutorial before I got the brand new white screen of death. Tried again, after having to shut down and reboot. Got it again.

Never had any problems with the first one. Bummer.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jan 19, 10 3:47 PM
Hi folks,

If you're experiencing an Access Violation, I highly recommend checking out this article from our Help pages:

Access Violations - Click here

For general game play issues, such as crashing or blank screens, I highly recommend this article:

Unable to Play Downloadable Games - Click here.

Either way, you may also want to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Oudespoor, I definitely recommend trying this since it seems a trial version is conflicting with your activated version. You can find instructions on how to do this in this article, but if you've downloaded the game from another site previously, you'll want to be sure to uninstall that version as well through your Control Panel.

If you're still experiencing issues with getting your game to work, I highly recommend getting in touch with Customer Support by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the left side of that article.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

alan51
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by alan51 on Jan 26, 10 9:24 PM
I was having issues getting the game to load. Live Chat and it turned out my issue was just the screen resolution, Hope this helps

Homeimps
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Homeimps on Nov 1, 12 2:23 PM
I get Access Violation Errors when trying to start about half the games on Big Fish, but have found that I can run them straight from my hard drive. Click on "Computer", click on "Partition 1 (C)", then click on "Program Files". Scroll down to the game you are trying to run and click on it. You will see 3 titles that say "Application"; one of these will have an Icon. Click on that and the game will start. I have been able to run all the games that gave me A.V. Errors this way. My video drivers and DirectX are up to date and I have also tried disabling Norton (I don't have any other firewall), but the only thing that worked was running them from my Program Files. Hope this helps other Fishies!

Go to: