Curses

[Post New]by greenwoman on May 25, 16 8:48 AM
I am stuck trying to curse a scene. I have played the Hunter's Cabin countless times but have not received an item to curse with. Asking friends is pointless for it seems that few people respond to requests or gift items. Why can't we purchase with coins, or rubies what we need to proceed? I am getting really frustrated.

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

Re:Curses

[Post New]by deadme on May 25, 16 9:41 AM
Hi

You can purchase curses with rubies but they are expensive to buy . At the bottom around the middleish you'll see a shopping basket that is were you can buy items. Curses drop only in Night mode and Night timed mode only from the Hunters Hut or you can also fight Gremlins and hope that they drop the curse that your after.

Good Luck

difi1
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by difi1 on May 25, 16 3:30 PM
The biggest mistake I find people do, is ask for the wrong curse, The Mirror Curse, Fog, and Alphabet all have 2 formats of the curse. The alphabet, choose the one with the least letters. The Mirror, choose the mirror with the most broken pieces. Fog, choose the burning Alder. These are more likely to be gifted, than the others. I would venture to say that you are asking for the others. None of us have the others to gift. Ask us for the above suggestions, which curse 3 scenes and you will probably receive them. I see this mistake over and over again. Go to the shopping basket, then weapons and scroll to the bottom to see what I'm talking about and study the curses.

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on May 25, 16 6:01 PM
Hi difi, this has been mentioned numerous times but I can only think not many use the forum. I have quite a few friends asking for the large curses & if they used the forum I could PM them.

difi1
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by difi1 on May 25, 16 8:12 PM
Your right. This is the last time I'm going to attempt to explain it. Pete and Repete are getting a little tired.

Edited on 05/25/2016 at 8:13:14 PM PST

[Post New]by Sbrina24 on Jun 27, 16 9:56 PM
I just need to know how and what curses are.

[Post New]by jaypus on Jun 28, 16 4:43 AM
My frustration with the curses is that they use to be random. I was always patient enough to wait for a particular scene to be cursed. But since the update, I no longer have random curses. If I need to complete a scene in a cursed mode, I have to use a lure. AND then, I might be lucky enough to receive what I need. I have used 4 alphabet curses on the same location and have not received what I need for the quest. Not sure I can continue playing. I have been working on same 2 quests for months!

Buffysue
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Buffysue on Jun 29, 16 2:07 PM
difi1 wrote:Your right. This is the last time I'm going to attempt to explain it. Pete and Repete are getting a little tired.

but as a new player I really appreciate Pete and rePete!
Okay, I am trying to see where I can add the curses to my wish list... please and thank you!

Buffysue
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Buffysue on Jun 29, 16 2:09 PM
AHA! Never mind, I found the curse and added to my wish list...

difi1
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by difi1 on Jun 29, 16 6:51 PM
difi1 wrote:The biggest mistake I find people do, is ask for the wrong curse, The Mirror Curse, Fog, and Alphabet all have 2 formats of the curse. The alphabet, choose the one with the least letters. The Mirror, choose the mirror with the most broken pieces. Fog, choose the burning Alder. These are more likely to be gifted, than the others. I would venture to say that you are asking for the others. None of us have the others to gift. Ask us for the above suggestions, which curse 3 scenes and you will probably receive them. I see this mistake over and over again. Go to the shopping basket, then weapons and scroll to the bottom to see what I'm talking about and study the curses.

Thought I'd forward my information on which curses to ask for on the friends list. This is what I was told that it has been mentioned several times on the forum.

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Jun 29, 16 6:53 PM
Sbrina24 wrote:I just need to know how and what curses are.

Click on the basket icon (1st at bottom right of screen) & click on weapons which is the icon (at the top) that looks like crossed daggers. Scroll almost to the bottom & you will find the curses, there are 3 types each having 2 variations.
Mirror shards - curses 3 random scenes & inverts the scene so playing upside down.
Giant mirror shards - same as above but curses 5 random scenes.
Reeky Alder ember - fog curse, turns 3 random scenes smoky.
Reeky Juniper ember - same as Alder but curses 5 random scenes.
Mix of letters - abracadabra curse, jumbles the names of the items in 3 random scenes.
Big set of letters - same a the mix but curses 5 random scenes.
Please note the curses that do 5 scenes we think can only be purchased so when requesting as a gift make sure you ask for the 3 curse type.
(The basket icon is access to the shop where you can buy items for gold coins or rubies)
If you have any curses they will appear in your inventory which is the icon that looks like a satchel which is 3rd (I think) from the right at the bottom of the screen. Again click on weapons & scroll down, if you have any click the use button when you want to activate.

Edited on 06/29/2016 at 6:57:28 PM PST

difi1
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by difi1 on Jun 29, 16 8:40 PM
oldboy, which one are you? Pete or rePete?

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Jul 4, 16 12:57 AM
difi1 wrote:oldboy, which one are you? Pete or rePete?

I feel like a bit of both at the moment

IKacey
Clownfish
Clownfish
735 Posts

[Post New]by IKacey on Jul 10, 16 3:19 PM
Old boy and difi God bless you both for your Pete and Re Peteing over and over. You both have been of considerable help and I for one hope you don't quit doing it !

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Jul 10, 16 7:38 PM
IKacey wrote:Old boy and difi God bless you both for your Pete and Re Peteing over and over. You both have been of considerable help and I for one hope you don't quit doing it !

No problem

Go to: