Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Chimeras: Cursed and Forgotten Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 26, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/26/2016 at 6:26:49 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Chimeras: Cursed and Forgotten Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 26, 16 1:18 AM
This game is absolutely incredible!! I never listen to the music ...and all of the music through out this game...is fantastic. It reminds me of a really great show..."Outlander".

The colors and graphics are some of the best...I've seen in a long time. Love the storyline and animations...voiceovers...in fact...I can't find one thing so far...I don't love about this game.

Not only do I highly recommend this game...but I'm giving it my absolute best rating. As always, try the game for yourself...I understand and respect...we all have likes and dislikes about games.

Enjoy
This is a winner and the game of the year...so far for me!

I rate this game: "DIVINE FINE SWINE"

“These are my acronyms & rating system…for Hogs, I Hogs, frogs & Adventure games:

“DIVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and story line. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot.

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Chimeras: Cursed and Forgotten Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 26, 16 6:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Chimeras: Cursed and Forgotten Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Chimeras: Cursed and Forgotten Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 26, 16 6:29 AM
I can't say I was overly impressed with this game. If very simple game-play and a lot of HOS are your cup of tea, this may well be the one for you.

For me it had no 'wow factor' and the first HOS asked me to find a zipper-pull It wouldn't do these devs any harm to come up with some original ideas for once. The colours seemed mainly pastel shades and the accents were either really good or terrible. The old lady's voice was perfect.

Every Scottish stereotype was included; bagpipes, thistles, a Scottie dog, tartan blankets etc. etc. I realise it was set in the past but I doubt every house had all of the above at any one time. And a dog toy made out of paper? That's going to last all of 10 seconds

Morphing thistles ( no surprise there) and collectible puzzle pieces, along with some tarot cards. Map transported and 4 modes of play inc. custom.

For me it's nothing special. If I buy it at all, it will be the SE. Too many HOS and over the top 'Scottish-ness' for my taste. I half expected the Loch Ness Monster to make an appearance at some point, wearing a kilt whilst munching on a haggis and singing 'Scotland The Brave'

No technical issues with the demo which lasted the full 90 minutes. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Edited on 05/28/2016 at 1:25:04 AM PST

janey1806
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by janey1806 on May 26, 16 7:45 AM
Sorry but I thought the demo was boring! I love Scotland but that wouldnt make me buy this game. I thought the music was very sporadic and that there was nothing new about the game play. I loved the first Chimeras game but this is nothing like that.

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on May 26, 16 8:26 AM
I'm really sorry I bought this (even with the sale price) - thought it was going to be good but, in the end, it was boring. The puzzles were too easy and the secret room turned out to be replay the HO and mini games. That was it!! nothing else extra that I could find.It wasn't anywhere near as good as the previous Chimeras game. This is one game I'll delete and not bother playing again.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on May 27, 16 12:13 AM
The best thing that I can say about this game is that this is the only (and mean ONLY) developer that actually does not clue you to interactive inventory items if you choose to unselect that option. And I absolutely Love them for that. Otherwise...meh. Graphics are lovely, very nice VO art and cut-scenes. But the game-play is just rather mediocre. Uninspired HOS (and the first one had items that were completely hidden in the dark - found them by clicking randomly) and thus far to the end of the demo, there really weren't what I would call mini-games. There is a fair amount of to-and-fro but that doesn't normally put me off much. I just wasn't caught up into the story and maybe that was really the final no-buy at the moment for me, as the game was no challenge at all.

Always try before you buy!

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on May 27, 16 3:01 PM
I found it really irritating, and after a while the voices were just grating on me.

At one point I said out loud, "how many more stereotypes they going to fit in", maybe a deep fried Mars bar or two, or a nibble of shortbread.

Nothing special at all, not memorable either.

Will be passing on this one.

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on May 28, 16 6:37 AM
Hey Elephant and other devs. Not everybody has 20/20 vision. In the 1st, (and only) HO scene I played, I had to use the hint button for every single item. Not only was it so dark, but yellow-ish words were impossible to see. The real clincher for me to delete the game was, in that scene was to find a zipper pull. Seriously, you can't come up with anything original?

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on May 29, 16 2:18 AM
Boring, no challenges, no interesting puzzles, no point. Very simplistic, ok for children, so glad I didn't buy it.

anitra3
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by anitra3 on May 30, 16 9:41 AM
Sorry fishies but even though i enjoyed playing some of the game
I found it WAY TO SHORT!!! it felt like they cut a piece out of the middle and decided to end it quickly and I am the world's slowest player!
I am really dissapointed!

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on May 30, 16 10:59 AM
Note to developers.

1. 911 is not used in Scotland. Try 999 instead.

2. Not one realistic Scottish accent in the whole game.

3. No indicators for morphs etc.

Otherwise, a good game.

[Post New]by Olderthanold on May 30, 16 10:38 PM
I agree with @anitra3. They game was WAY too short. I think they may have forgotten some of it.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jun 18, 16 5:54 PM
Based on completed game and bonus

Well, I liked this one. Nothing that seems to have bothered others bothered me, so it might be worth at least a demo.

The story idea, I thought was nice and kinda original actually. Yes, you're saving someone. You're always saving someone, but this was a bit of a twist that I shall not spoil here. I get the heavy handed Scottish influence. It happens. If it was subtle, it would look just like any generic European town. I forgive the bagpipes and somewhat silly accents. It made me smile.

I thought the graphics were beautiful. There were lots of little things in the scenes you can click on for effect if you're into those things. I think there should have been an achievement for pillow fluffing. I think I must have poked at least 3/4's of them. There was also a bit of the black bar snarkiness that I enjoy. Again, not to spoil, but the final scene in the main game had a black bar comment that seriously made me laugh. If you like the oddball black bar commentary, I recommend taking it slow enough to read them or you might miss something cute.

Morphs are not all thistles. They ... ummm ... morph into different morphs as you play. I like that Elephant ups the challenge on the collectibles. No telling if there is something still to find in the scenes. For the puzzle pieces, there could be between 0 and 2 in each scene. I take my challenge where I can get it. I also appreciate as kgustavson said that Elephant is the only one that truly hides its +items if you choose to play that way. I'll take it every chance I get.

Challenge? Fair to middling for both HOPs and mini-games. I didn't find any HOPs too dark for me to see. There was a nice combo-item HOP in the bonus that stood out as fun and a bit different. It did have a dreaded 'take away the matchstick' game. If you are good at those, piece of cake. For me, I hate them because for some reason my brain just doesn't work that way, and so I spend 20 minutes futilely flipping matchsticks all over the place before I have to give up. So I saw some challenge at any rate!

I thought the length was just fine. But then I wander the rooms poking pillows, cats and cockatoos, so maybe that's why. The game is 50 pages in the Strategy Guide with a hefty 17 pages of that being the bonus chapter.

I recommend taking this game with a bit of a light heart. I think it's just supposed to be fun. It was for me anyway.

Edited on 06/18/2016 at 8:02:18 PM PST

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Aug 14, 16 11:44 PM
Starting right off I have to say that I agree with my fellow Fishies positive reviews and truly wish I had been able to play it in uninterrupted

Digressing for a moment I have to say that it has been over 106 degree Fahrenheit this week while playing this Chimera and the background music kept putting me to sleep because of being too zonked from the heat outside.
Because of this I stopped way too many times nodding off and really did not keep up with the story but still enjoyed the game
I also try to keep in mind how outside of the game our environments can influence our opinions :/

& 1/2 out of 5 on my personal enjoyment scale

Played on desktop PC running Win. 10 with no problems

Edited on 08/14/2016 at 11:57:32 PM PST

Go to: