Vacation Mogul

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Vacation Mogul

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 20, 10 12:05 AM

The tourism business has never been easier or more fun than in Vacation Mogul, a Time Management game that challenges you to make more money than you ever dreamed possible! You'll become one of the rich and powerful as you buy and sell land, turn bungalows into ritzy hotels and build specialty shops and other attractions, all with a click of your mouse. Just be sure to keep one eye on your resources and the other on your bottom line!

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Vacation Mogul

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jan 20, 10 1:53 AM
Not for me I'm afraid.

Not only the cursor, but the whole screen and gameplay is jerky, I know this may be my computer but this is the only game it happens on!

Other than that, in the tiny time I've tested, I can't see anything that isn't done first, better, slicker and smoother in the Build-a-lot series.

Sorry to be so negative, but eeuuch!

[Post New]by Endless_Patients on Jan 20, 10 7:57 AM
nelliegemini wrote:Not for me I'm afraid.

Not only the cursor, but the whole screen and gameplay is jerky, I know this may be my computer but this is the only game it happens on!

Other than that, in the tiny time I've tested, I can't see anything that isn't done first, better, slicker and smoother in the Build-a-lot series.

Sorry to be so negative, but eeuuch!

I have to agree Nelliegemini. The gameplay wasn't jerky on my computer ... but as you said it doesn't compare favorably to the BAL series.

ASForbes
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ASForbes on Jan 20, 10 9:18 AM
I guess I'm probably so starved for a TM game that I'll play anything right now. I'm a BAL fan, but I'm not going to compare the two. That being said, Vacation Mogul is not a great game, but it is not as bad as previously mentioned. Just don't go into it thinking that you are going to get BAL caliber. Taken on its own value, it's kind of fun.

[Post New]by momwaddle on Jan 20, 10 9:23 AM
I have all the BALs, and I still enjoy this game. Just want to figure out those red Xs lol.

kamenye
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by kamenye on Jan 20, 10 12:05 PM
I'm kinda into the story line lol wanna find out what happened to the sister. Yeah it's not as good as BAL but I do like these building games for some reason hehe.

Pam_S
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by Pam_S on Jan 20, 10 2:38 PM
momwaddle wrote:I have all the BALs, and I still enjoy this game. Just want to figure out those red Xs lol.

I have to agree, this game does not have the same quality as the "Build a Lot" series, but... my biggest gripe, is that there is no help section. What are those red tool boxes on the houses and hotels?? How do you get rid of them? There is no explanation anywhere, and I've tried everything I can think of.

If anyone has an answer, I am very appreciative.

GillyAlice
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by GillyAlice on Jan 20, 10 4:11 PM
I downloaded the 1 hour trial , but cannot play because half the screen is whited out.
In fact my son Sam asked me if I was playing a Beta. But what I did see seemed to be a clone of the BAL series, even down to the stars at the end of a level.
G

Edited on 01/20/2010 at 4:16:48 PM PST

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jan 20, 10 5:44 PM
I guess I'll go against the flow. I love this game and couldn't quit playing it. I like that if you need an upgrade and don't have enough for it you can go back and replay levels to earn money, even if you have gold on them.

lmf40
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

[Post New]by lmf40 on Jan 20, 10 6:36 PM
I'm with you FairyOnPegasus, I've really been enjoying the trial and am just about to buy. I also like the ability to keep replaying the levels - my only complaint was that the tutorial was way too long and I couldn't see an option to skip it. I think game developers should consider two levels of tutorials - one for beginners to that type of game and one for experienced players just outlining what the various tabs are for in the game (ie in this one what the tourist, line, shops etc) and let us get straight into it!

chilco
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by chilco on Jan 20, 10 6:42 PM
Pam_S wrote:
momwaddle wrote:I have all the BALs, and I still enjoy this game. Just want to figure out those red Xs lol.

I have to agree, this game does not have the same quality as the "Build a Lot" series, but... my biggest gripe, is that there is no help section. What are those red tool boxes on the houses and hotels?? How do you get rid of them? There is no explanation anywhere, and I've tried everything I can think of.

If anyone has an answer, I am very appreciative.

If you mean the little boxes in front of the buildings it's telling you that
there are no tourists staying there so no income. You have to build
a "line" item near enough to the building to influence it and attract
tourists. In other words, erect a lawn chair and umbrella.

chilco

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jan 20, 10 9:05 PM
FairyonPegasus wrote:I guess I'll go against the flow. I love this game and couldn't quit playing it. I like that if you need an upgrade and don't have enough for it you can go back and replay levels to earn money, even if you have gold on them.

Same, I already had bought it at Alawar

I have not got to finish it yet as I seem to have a long line of building games piling up here- but this one is a nice.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Jan 21, 10 12:12 AM
I played it for about 30 minutes of the trial and thought I had been going for longer.

I didn't like the jerky cursor but otherwise it was ok but no something I would spend money in buying.

[Post New]by klmcknight5804 on Jan 21, 10 12:24 AM
ASForbes wrote:I guess I'm probably so starved for a TM game that I'll play anything right now. I'm a BAL fan, but I'm not going to compare the two. That being said, Vacation Mogul is not a great game, but it is not as bad as previously mentioned. Just don't go into it thinking that you are going to get BAL caliber. Taken on its own value, it's kind of fun.

Funny you should mention "Starved"! Do you know how many times I have sent in complaints about the over abundance of Hidden Object games per month? I even sent in the total number of **** games vs the TM's and other Genre's! I am SO completely bored with ****'s I barely check for new games no more than 2-3 times a month now. I used to be on this site daily! It is sad! I LOVE TM games, and I even bought the game. I am not jerky, but I agree it is a LOT like BAL's. I am a little stuck though! It says I need a 3 star hotel and a 3 star bar. I have check marks on the blueprints for both a 3 star hotel and a 3 star bar and the catamaran (sp?). But it will not let me move on to play the next level! Ugh!!!

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on Jan 21, 10 1:59 AM
Cute game, but the cursor movement and all was a bit on the jerky side. My PC meets or exceeds the System Requirements, so I know it's not that. LOL

Anyway, definetly a good one...just not for me either.

lifetree
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by lifetree on Jan 21, 10 5:10 AM
klmcknight5804 wrote:
ASForbes wrote:I guess I'm probably so starved for a TM game that I'll play anything right now. I'm a BAL fan, but I'm not going to compare the two. That being said, Vacation Mogul is not a great game, but it is not as bad as previously mentioned. Just don't go into it thinking that you are going to get BAL caliber. Taken on its own value, it's kind of fun.

Funny you should mention "Starved"! Do you know how many times I have sent in complaints about the over abundance of Hidden Object games per month? I even sent in the total number of **** games vs the TM's and other Genre's! I am SO completely bored with ****'s I barely check for new games no more than 2-3 times a month now. I used to be on this site daily! It is sad! I LOVE TM games, and I even bought the game. I am not jerky, but I agree it is a LOT like BAL's. I am a little stuck though! It says I need a 3 star hotel and a 3 star bar. I have check marks on the blueprints for both a 3 star hotel and a 3 star bar and the catamaran (sp?). But it will not let me move on to play the next level! Ugh!!!

I agree. There are way too many HOG's here, and I tend to visit the site less and less since months. A TM game is a welcome change, whatever the small differences in quality, because we ARE starved.

BFG, give us only 5 HOG's in February for a change!

reclusive
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,169 Posts

[Post New]by reclusive on Jan 21, 10 9:18 AM
I was glad to see some positive comments about this game. I played the trial and didn't have any problems with the jerkiness, etc that some had complained about. I was waiting to hear something positive before buying. I'd read reviews of the game on some review sites and they were decent. I know it's not to the caliber of some building games but still okay.

I also have to agree with those who've commented on the number of HOG's. My preference is for TM's and it is disappointing to come to the site and find HOGs day after day.

I actually started out playing HOGs but after a while, they basically are all the same except storyline so I got hooked on TMs.

I'm still debating on purchasing Vacation Mogul though. To those who've purchased it, have you already completed it and did it take very long if you have. I don't want to buy it and finish it in just a day.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 21, 10 10:21 AM
I have tested this game already on the developer site and don`t like it. Sorry, not a game for me.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jan 21, 10 12:22 PM
Add me as another who STARVES for a lack of TM games. I realize there are a lot of HOG players probably more than any other group but BF needs to try to satisfy us all. I have found a few (very few) HOG games that I bought and liked but the TM BAL games really are my absolute favorites. I kept after BF to offer Monopoly Build a Lot and finally went to iwin to purchase it and it was worth it! Now I am buying from both sites. BF does (by far) have the best customer service.

Edited on 01/21/2010 at 12:26:40 PM PST

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jan 21, 10 12:36 PM
I forgot to state that this is an excellent and fun game. I have played it for an hour on both sites and will buy;just don't know where yet.

Go to: