Mum22
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Frustrated - curses!! Stuck for 3 days.

[Post New]by Mum22 on May 26, 16 7:58 PM
I read through the other "curses" thread and am still having major issues. I only have 13 gems so I can't buy one. I can't do any of the quests because they all need to be done while a place is under a curse. I have played through the Hunting Hut for 3 days trying to get the mirror curse. I'm loosing another chest, because I picked one that requires a curse on a location. I'm on level 18...any suggestions would be great.

difi1
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

Re:Frustrated - curses!! Stuck for 3 days.

[Post New]by difi1 on May 26, 16 8:57 PM
Have you checked your inventory for any curses? Under weapons at the bottom of the list. Otherwise, you need to ask for the Mirror curse, (curses 3 sites) or buy one.

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by psyche_ on May 27, 16 1:59 AM
I remember getting a lot of those quests at the same time... what I found was that the mirror curse is a lot more rare than the other two curses. At that level I was mainly getting the fog curse drop from the hunters hut. You've probably seen that the curses only drop during night/night timed mode in the hunters hut. What I found was that it was generally only every 2/3 goes of night/night timed mode that a curse dropped, ergo it took several days (if not a week) to get the mirror curse... sorry, perseverance is the key! I second Dif's suggestion to request small mirror curse from friends. In the meantime, play other scenes too to stock up on items for the ship / collections

zigzagbuddha
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by zigzagbuddha on May 27, 16 2:02 AM
The pyramid scene drops curses, which you probably have not unlocked the gate to that yet, i don't remember when that happens. Gremlins drop them probably about as often as the hunter's hut does. You can send empty ships until you get one that has a curse as the reward. And many collections offer them as a reward - there is a discussion topic called "collection list" on the next page which lists all the collections and what they offer, which is much easier than clicking on each collection (and saves you the unhappy accident of activating the collection instead of just checking out what it offers, which i have done before and cost myself activators that i had been saving up for a long time!)

And you most likely will need a lot of curses to get the scene that you want cursed with the curse that you need since the likelihood of getting the curse that you need on the scene that you want on the first try is slim to none... not even to mention the possibility that you will not get the item you are looking for on the first try.

Personally, i just use all those avenues (pyramid, hunter's hut, gremlins, ship and collections) to save up lots of curses, then i curse every scene with curses i don't need, then i either banish them or play them from the scenes that i need a particular curse on and then, when only the scenes i want cursed with a particular curse are free of any curse, will i use the curse that i want them cursed with. I know that sounds like a lot of nonsensical talk but i couldn't think of any other way to say it. Of course that could be from the couple too many rum and cokes i had tonight, but if you can get past the repetitive and circular sentences you will see the good sense of what i'm trying to say, hehe.

Without a stroke of good luck it takes good planning and wise use of resources to end up with a scene cursed with the curse you want, and that's why, in addition to saving up my curses, i save up my quests that require cursed scenes so i can knock off a bunch of them at the same time.

And frustration is part and parcel of this game... you think 3 days is a long time to be stuck?? Try a few weeks or even months!!! This game is an excellent opportunity to learn how to deal effectively with frustration, or to be crushed and sent packing by it.

Good luck, and may the force be with you, hahaha!

Edited on 05/27/2016 at 2:05:02 AM PST

Mum22
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Mum22 on May 29, 16 12:31 PM
Thank you all for your advice. I did have some curses in my inventory, the trick of making sure the only places I needed a specific curses were uncursed before using the curse worked great. Mostly, the knowledge to use patience for obtaining what I needed was the best. Once I realized I may have to wait weeks if I don't want to spend real money on the game, my frustration level went down.

Thanks again.

[Post New]by greenwoman on Jun 13, 16 1:55 PM
Speaking of curses, which one is the BCA curse? A description of the curse needed would help.

sophies_mom
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by sophies_mom on Jun 13, 16 4:00 PM
greenwoman wrote:Speaking of curses, which one is the BCA curse? A description of the curse needed would help.

That's the abracadabra curse - it mixes up the letters in the names of the items. If you have one in your inventory it's called "Mix of letters". I agree that a description would be helpful - and not just for the curses.

Go to: