mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

oh dear, cubes missing from inventory needed to play final chapter

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Jan 20, 10 1:52 PM
I am so close to the end of this game, now in the heart of the temple. There are cubes which used to be in inventory needed to finish this game by matching them up with symbols on the pillars.
How could the cubes be there anyway? Sylvie put the cubes in a package and mailed them to herself in La Valletta. Sylvie read her mail and the package did arrive in La Valletta along with the 2 other items she was supposed to receive.
Was Sylvie supposed to re-collect the cubes at this point? If so, the walkthrough doesn't mention it.
Very mysterious.

mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

Re:oh dear, cubes missing from inventory needed to play final chapter

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Jan 20, 10 2:40 PM
After posting this question I went back to an earlier save, and discovered that yes, you must open the package and recollect the cubes.
From there I had to go through the same territory again and also discovered that I had failed to get a copy of the signet ring from Mr. Kawlata, which I did this time.
Now back in the heart of the temple I have placed the cubes on the proper pillars, but am stumped about what exactly to do with the pillars to finish off this game, since the top portion of the pillar doesn't seem to move.
Well, maybe tomorrow----any suggestions?

mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Jan 20, 10 5:15 PM
I finished this game after tinkering around with the pillars and got it right. So finished the game. There are some omissions in the walkthrough. first of all, I never could save by pressing the save icon at top of screen, I had to press F5 to save Some of the other omissions became apparent after reading the blog letters written by people who had similar problems, and of course the walkthroughs.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 20, 10 6:21 PM
mary69lyn wrote: I finished this game after tinkering around with the pillars and got it right. So finished the game. There are some omissions in the walkthrough. first of all, I never could save by pressing the save icon at top of screen, I had to press F5 to save Some of the other omissions became apparent after reading the blog letters written by people who had similar problems, and of course the walkthroughs.

I'm sorry you ran into some problems.

This was the first walkthrough that I ever wrote for Big Fish Games, and I wrote it several months before the game appeared here. There were a few differences between the early version I worked with and the final, which seemed to be the biggest issue.

These days I spend more time in walkthroughs explaining the places where a game can be confusing or misleading, where in this first one I just gave the "right" answer for most of the sections.

I'm not sure what was going on with the SAVE issue. Using the Menu Bar at the top of the screen worked fine for me throughout the game (and I saved many times and reloaded while writing the walkthrough), but it may be a configuration issue. We've run into that in a few games where they'll work slightly differently in one version of Windows or another.

Anyway, I'm glad you found a way through the whole thing!

Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 20, 10 6:27 PM
By the way, this is what the walkthrough says for that section:

"Back in the bedroom at Uncle Olivier’s flat.

Go downstairs and check the mail. You will find three things: the package with the stones, the translation from James, and a bill (Sylvie calls it a check) from a transport company for bringing her scooter back from Gozo. At least that explains why the scooter will be outside the door again!

Go outside to the Plaza and talk to Mr. Kawlata at the corner store.

Mr. Kawlata will agree to make a ring from the wax impression, if Sylvie takes a message to his brother.

Talk to the old man by the fountain.

Go to the Backstreet into the Courtyard.

Go through the Courtyard to the Marina.

Give the message to the brother.

Talk to the parrot.

Return to the Plaza.

Talk to Mr. Kawlata and he will give you the replica ring.

Get on the scooter, and go to Gozo. This ends the Chapter."

I think it's a good idea in most adventure games to collect anything that you're allowed to collect!

Robin

Go to: