SYBERIA SUCKS

SYBERIA SUCKS

[Post New]by mfarmer011 on Jan 20, 10 2:01 PM
Dont waste your time and money it is boring and not fun. 2Gouchu in the forum says it all, with that I add why make a game with wonderful graphics and no direction and far too much dialog.

dixielady627g
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,216 Posts

Re:SYBERIA SUCKS

[Post New]by dixielady627g on Jan 20, 10 5:16 PM
Different genres have different styles. This is much different than a HOG or TM game. I am sorry you didn't enjoy it, although there are alot of people that do.

Kate

Welcome to the forums!

Lornabee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Lornabee on Feb 22, 10 8:03 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by 'no direction'?

I personally think it is well worth $6.99!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

SYBERIA SUCKS

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 22, 10 8:06 PM
mfarmer011 wrote:Dont waste your time and money it is boring and not fun. 2Gouchu in the forum says it all, with that I add why make a game with wonderful graphics and no direction and far too much dialog.
It may not be your style of game but it is one of the very best LFG that I have ever played.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Feb 22, 10 8:48 PM
Syberia 1 and Syberia 2 are two of the best LFG I have ever played in my entire life! Granted this is my own personal opinion, but they BOTH held me rapt with the storyline and the emotion they conveyed. These were not just computer games, but stories about life, and life changes. About love and about humanity. Kate learned what real love was about. I don't mean romantic love, I mean the love that family has for one another, the love of true friendship. I mean the passion of a person with a goal. Oh my I could go on forever. Oscar was a study in the slow progress of learning all about humanity..and the sacrifice he gave was the ultimate sacrifice. He had learned the basics from his makers, but as his association with Kate progressed, he began to learn humanity, and even love. OMG..this story is so deep, so insightful, so absolutely incredible. I've played them both twice and will play them again. I laughed at times and I cried at the end. I can't wait until the third one comes out. Look deeper. Feel more.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 22, 10 10:07 PM
There is a big difference between true adventure games and HOG and Match 3 games. I remember the first time I played Return to Ravenhurst and how disappointed and cheated I felt. It was not an adventure game with true mysteries or puzzles to solve in my opinion. I was used to adventure games like Myst or Syberia. I really felt the HOG games were an insult to ones intelligence. Now I have learned to appreciate all three types of games. They each have their place in gaming.

However, the Syberia games are in a class of outstanding games that we rarely see these days as is the Myst series. It is disappointing to see the lack of those quality games today. But it is probably mostly a sign of the economy. It is much cheaper in terms of time, expertise and technology to write HOG or Match 3 games.

I do not believe that HOG and Match 3 games should be included in the same genre of adventure games such as Syberia. There really needs to be an additional category for HOG games since they really do not fit the definition of true adventure games. Or perhaps an additional category titled 'old-style' true adventure games. This may help people make better decisions when buying large file games.

BTW ----- I loved Syberia -- the art was fantastic as well as the storyline. I got lost in that other world for many hours.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Feb 22, 10 10:33 PM
I loved Syberia 1 and have number 2 ready.

ranger05
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by ranger05 on Mar 2, 10 10:28 AM
I have to agree that I don't like it either. I'm only at the beginning of Komkolzgrad and things aren't working the way they are supposed to. I had to go to a walkthrough and have done everything single thing it said to do and I still can't use the metal shears on the store room. I was under the impression that things didn't have to be done in a certain order but I'm beginning to wonder. I am almost to the point of writing off Syberia as a game not worth playing further.

I like adventure games, but this one is just frustrating. The story is ok. I like all the Automatons. It is just getting boring to have things continually not work. I feel like Syberia is an Automaton that has had it's gears stripped.

Plus, the quality of the background art may be nice, the quality of the "people" are archaic. Very pixellated around the edges and stunted movement. Robotic.

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Mar 12, 10 7:56 AM
ranger I'm sorry you haven't had the same gaming experience as the majority of us. The graphics were extremely crisp for me, could it possibly be a video issue for you?

I must admit that when I first began playing Syberia the controls were a bit cumbersome but once I sorted them out the game became even more enjoyable.

Also, when I couldn't get certain things to work I quickly realized that I more often than not forgot to do something in another scene. I tried not to use the walkthrough because it took away from the storyline for me. I became enthralled with the characters, particularly Oscar.

Not all games are for everyone. Sadly, I wish this was one of them because the Syberia series are my absolutely FAVORITE large file games.

ellen941
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ellen941 on Mar 12, 10 8:14 AM
When these games first came out I went to the oldfashioned brick and morter store to get them. I paid top dollar for them and would gladly do so again. This type of game is great, no one gets killed, beaten or otherwise and is a game for the whole family. I miss the Myst games and was very sad to learn that Myst 5 was to be the last. I am now waiting for my copy of Rhem 4, another great game series. I wish someone would come forward and make more games like these, I can play for days and days and not get boared.

This is the type of game you need to use your brain for. There are puzzles, riddles and things to do, when you find all the pieces. This type of game exercises your brain not your fingers

Edited on 03/12/2010 at 8:18:15 AM PST

karen888
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by karen888 on Mar 12, 10 11:40 AM
Well said, Ellen.... Syberia is a 'thinking man's game' or woman, as it were. Syberia is the only game I can play over and over....why is that? Benoit Sokals' art is so exquisite....I can see something different everytime. How could someone be so brilliant to create his many fabulous locations? How could he conceive of a ' robot' that would be created to give up its own life in the end? So many smart people created this game...so for all those who don't ' get ' it..maybe Hans can invent a new brain for you..one that actually thinks out of the everyday box!

Edited on 03/12/2010 at 11:42:56 AM PST

_ursalita_
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by _ursalita_ on Mar 12, 10 12:01 PM
I loved it! I bought it in CD form a few years ago and absolutely loved the story and the artwork. I haven't played #2 because I've heard it doesn't measure up to the first one.

Should I play it??

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Mar 12, 10 12:13 PM
_ursalita_ wrote:I loved it! I bought it in CD form a few years ago and absolutely loved the story and the artwork. I haven't played #2 because I've heard it doesn't measure up to the first one.

Should I play it??

oh ursalita you have to play it! Even if some think it doesn't measure up to S1 (I'm not one) you have to find out what happens to the characters at least.

I say play it even if it's just for the love of the characters. I happened to grow rather fond of Oscar.

jenak3769
Clownfish
Clownfish
958 Posts

[Post New]by jenak3769 on Mar 12, 10 1:09 PM
All LF adventure games or puzzle games or role play games is the first step to serious gaming,, not just incessantly looking for a candlestick over and over again.. match 3 are time wasters and siimple fun, Tms are exactly that progrssive repeat again time wasters with a clock.. LF or adventure make one think and try to puzzle out the route through the game level or chapter by chapter. this is what makes them fun as well as challenging

[Post New]by panacek62 on Mar 13, 10 8:17 PM
This is one of the best games I have ever played.. It not only holds your attention but it is really really hard to figure out.... I just loved playing it and I will again I'm sure... Don't know where to find Syberia 2 but I will start looking for it right away..Thank you BFG and it has been my pleasure

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 13, 10 8:23 PM
*blink, blink*

You can find Syberia right here, Panace:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/4701/syberia-ii/index.html

And welcome to the Pond!

[Post New]by soundblaster29 on Mar 13, 10 8:30 PM
I started playing Syberia a few days ago and I love it, it is so beautiful, like a whole other world to explore. Unfortunately, after multiple hours of game play, all of a sudden I started getting these access violation messages that would close the game, or else the game just freezes on a black screen. Has anyone else had these problems? I checked out the support docs on BFG and did everything they recommend - update DirectX, video card drivers, etc., and nothing has worked (in fact updating the video driver has messed up some other things, now every time I open any game a message pops up about pixel resolution). I am very disappointed because I was really enjoying the game and I want to be able to finish it, but I don't know what to do to get it working again. I don't understand why after probably 6 hours of gameplay all of a sudden the game is no longer compatible with my system or something. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by soundblaster29 on Mar 13, 10 10:09 PM
Nevermind, I found the solution in another post about Syberia. I guess a lot of other people had the same problem. Can't wait to finish the rest of the game!!

paloma18
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by paloma18 on Mar 14, 10 1:39 PM
_ursalita_ wrote:I loved it! I bought it in CD form a few years ago and absolutely loved the story and the artwork. I haven't played #2 because I've heard it doesn't measure up to the first one.

Should I play it??

You should absolutely play Syberia2!! The only reason some are disappointed is because at the end it is, in my opinion, a little sad. but not terrible I just wanted it to end a little differently. Both "Syberias" are the best game of this type I've played!! In fact I can't find another game as WONDERFUL as these!! But I'm looking!!

karen888
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by karen888 on Mar 15, 10 7:04 AM
You should absolutely play Syberia2!! The only reason some are disappointed is because at the end it is, in my opinion, a little sad. but not terrible I just wanted it to end a little differently. Both "Syberias" are the best game of this type I've played!! In fact I can't find another game as WONDERFUL as these!! But I'm looking!!

Syberia I is the only game I can play over and over. I love the characters and I miss them when I'm finished. Syberia II is fun, but not as emotional as I, in my opinion. I am ' trying' to play Paradise now, another Sokal invention, but it's hard and I'm stuck at a door right now....with a puzzle in my way. So far, I can't find the solution to it. I've read walkthroughs, blogs, everything, so far, nothing. If anyone has played Paradise and can help me...I'd love it! Thanks in advance!

Go to: