Dawnie70
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Using Windows 7? You might need to do a couple of things before running it.

[Post New]by Dawnie70 on Jan 20, 10 6:27 PM

I'm sadly dissappointed. This game does not appear to run properly on Windows 7. I know the system requirements state XP/Vista and don't mention 7, but one would think that it should still work in 7. Another problem is that with the way the bigfish games client works, program compatibility mode seems to be tough to properly configure.

If you read through this forum, you'll see several problems, especailly the notorious 'Black Screen of Brazil'.... and this new one tops it for me... I got a BLUE SCREEN CRASH!

I'm going to try firing up XP mode and installing the game in there and see if it runs OK.

Edited on 01/20/2010 at 7:31:08 PM PST

Dawnie70
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Using Windows 7? You might not want this game....

[Post New]by Dawnie70 on Jan 20, 10 6:54 PM
Yeah....well THAT certainly didn't work. Running the game inside a virtual machine failed miserably.

Dawnie70
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Using Windows 7? You might not want this game....

[Post New]by Dawnie70 on Jan 20, 10 7:30 PM
OK, I think I have it working now. Go to the folder that contains Fix it up world tour. Click organize, select Folder and search options. Go to View and make sure show hidden files is checked. Click OK. You should now see a fiu2.exe file. Right click, select Troubleshoot Compatibility.Hit try recommended settings. Let it do what it wants. My finalized by wanting to run in Win XP SP2 mode. Now I seem to be able to load Brazil without crashing!

Dawnie70
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Using Windows 7? You might need to do a couple of things before running it.

[Post New]by Dawnie70 on Jan 21, 10 4:10 PM
Ok, so that partly worked. I was still having issues. I've now gone and checked the boxes marked 'Disable Visual Themes' and 'Disable desktop composition'. I've also switched it into playing in windowed mode. This works a bit better, but has a side effect... You can longer run the game by clicking Play Now in the Big Fish Games Game Manager. You can only run the game by running the Fiu2 application directly. I'm still having the occasional problem where the screen goes all white and you have to hard exit the game....

Really really dissappointing to have a game cause this many problems.

Yes, my NVidia drivers are the newest released version, I just checked that on their site.

Graphcally intesive games such as Fallout 3, Prototype, and Half Life 2 have ZERO problems running on this system...why does such a simple game as this one cause such a headache???

Fix-It-Up: World Tour

[Post New]by aussiebaw on Jan 21, 10 7:15 PM
On the games website it says it is for windows 7. This is a pain, you pay money for it and it deosn't work is there a refund?

[Post New]by yellowpjs2941902 on Jan 22, 10 12:09 AM
i have exactly the same problems tried all the so called fixes for windows 7 and it hasnt helped at all.
New machine only had for 2 weeks all updated etc. Very disappointed with this as i certainly didnt expect games not to work.
Thins either an update to fox the issue should be made or a refund given to those of us on windows 7 who cant run the game.

[Post New]by iycgtptyarvg on Jan 22, 10 2:25 AM
I'm running into the exact same problems with Win 7 x64 (UK home premium).

I wanted to buy this one, but now I can't. Very disappointing they didn't properly test this game.

Ricjon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Ricjon on Jan 23, 10 6:39 PM
Same problem with Windows 7. Big Fish HELP PLEASE!

Dawnie70
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Fix-It-Up: World Tour

[Post New]by Dawnie70 on Jan 23, 10 6:58 PM
aussiebaw wrote:On the games website it says it is for windows 7. This is a pain, you pay money for it and it deosn't work is there a refund?

Actually for this game, Big Fish does NOT state Windows 7. It only says XP/Vista. However, if you go to World Loom's site for this game it does say Windows 7... That makes it a little more annoying that it doesn't work right....

Edited on 01/23/2010 at 7:01:05 PM PST

[Post New]by LadyFancy1976 on Oct 31, 10 8:05 PM
Very annoying indeed. I loved the original and this version on my old xp which i no longer have. Gee you would think that the makers of this game would have considered windows 7 users when they made it and that Big Fish would have considered it befor they bought it. This is not the only game ive had this problem with. I am becoming very dissatisfied with BF games.

RivenWolfe
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by RivenWolfe on Mar 11, 11 7:23 PM
I didn't buy this game but was going to after all it was/is only $3.11, but I decided to test it out first. I am running win7. First the screen froze, hell the whole puter froze so I restarted and tried again, and since trying again it seems to have killed my graphics card. Not even being in the game now, everything is all pixelly and, well, odd. I've never had this problem before. Can a simple game cause so much damage to an up to date system?

I'm not happy, and now I have to try and figure out how to fix a problen that I've never experienced before.

edit...

Thankfully there wasn't too much damage done, a restart and the pixel effect and *bouncy* pictures are all fixed, and here's hoping they stay that way.
A shame really as I rather enjoyed the game, but it's just not worth all the glitches.

Edited on 03/11/2011 at 7:59:08 PM PST

jiferin
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by jiferin on Mar 12, 11 7:07 PM
the part I don't get is that the new one ,Fix-it-up Eighties, looks the same, uses the same technology, and works perfectly!?!

Also, sometimes it will run and sometime it won't. The same with the sequel. There has to be a patch answer to this.

[Post New]by notahappychappy on Mar 26, 11 11:49 PM
First the screen froze, hell the whole puter froze so I restarted and tried again, and since trying again it seems to have killed my graphics card. Not even being in the game now, everything is all pixelly and, well, odd.

(win7 64bit sp1) I have exactly the same issue, exept i bought the game! tried all of BF solutions even tried some of my own through NVIDIA control panel, with little to no difference.
Its pretty scary to see that pixilated stuff littering ur screen, having that never happen 2 me before i thought the worst. i hope they fix this issue soon.

[Post New]by notahappychappy on Mar 27, 11 1:28 AM
ok, Im runnin win7 64bit with a nvidia gpu, a no no for fiu2 apparently. after doing BF solution (update, adobe, basic theme, re-install, compatibility and the shortcut delete) it is still unstable to say the least.
However i found by opening nvidia control panel and manage the 3D setting of the fiu2 exe. by changing only three things; anisotropic filtering off, maximum pre-rendered frames from 3 to 6 and finally changing texture filtering quality to performance... this seems to alleviate the "stuttering". also after these setting I'm also finding that if i does "glitch-out", alt-tab to the desktop (without pausing) and it will automatically switch back to fiu2 = game running fine and on pause! i can actually get past brazil's notorious black screen issue doing this. I don't know exactly which setting helps the most, but i've been at this since i bought the bloody thing! I won't let it beat me

[Post New]by notahappychappy on Mar 27, 11 6:09 PM
something slightly off track... I've been keeping an eye on my cpu usage meter while running fiu2, and this is bizzare, cpu 1 is running above 100% (and i haven't overclocked it) and cpu 2 is at a cool and lazy 0% - 5%. being a dual core I would only assume this would certainly contribute to the stuttering in-game? tried tweaking the "affinity", but only made it worse. is it normal for one cpu to max right-out and the other to "drag along behind"? probably just dribble... but its something I noticed.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 6:10:25 PM PST

Go to: