fatandfrumpy
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

level 16

[Post New]by fatandfrumpy on May 28, 16 6:06 PM
I've played this a dozen times, HELP! I can't even get silver! Tried every which way. got not one clue!

Same here

[Post New]by CatskillHiker on May 30, 16 3:08 PM
I ran out of time and got a bronze the first time. Was just below silver the second time.

tatajojo
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:level 16

[Post New]by tatajojo on Jun 1, 16 12:06 AM
Hi everyone

Just got gold at the last second after re-playing that level so many times: the aim was to build the 1st (in front of caravan) the 2nd house (on the top right) asap so you can get the "yellow stars" going from both houses; after building the food mill don't bother with the bush, got sawmill and grain mill at level 2 each, built the stairs and got the worker at the bottom for an extra 50 "yellow golden stars"and that was enough, don't waste time with 3rd house or pillars, no need for it.
Getting the wood fast is your priority, the gem mine is enough at level one, got only 2 full time workers and used all the bonuses available, but only when needed to collect...
Not sure what else to say, so I will stop there I hope it will help someone along

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Jun 4, 16 7:23 PM
Done it a million times, even using tatajojo's method and can't get more than 670 before the gold time runs out. Argh!

Edited on 06/04/2016 at 7:23:53 PM PST

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jun 5, 16 7:09 AM
I finally got it by completing the top level before repairing stairs and working on bottom. I think the real key is clicking on the first girl as Soon as she stands up. I kept forgetting about her and always ended up 40 stars too little. Paying close attention to her made the difference for me.

[Post New]by silverdove50 on Jun 14, 16 8:17 AM
I tried all the above options but finally got it when I didn't bother with anything else except building a gold mine on the top level and getting food from the bush. Cleared the one ogre standing in the way to the path of the second girl, and used the bonuses as often as possible. I didn't clear anything past the turn to the fountain.

[Post New]by Symeezcatzlady on Jun 16, 16 9:48 AM
I tried this level over and over myself. I went back in a couple more times after I had gotten gold on all the others levels of the game. I agree with silverdove50...pretty much ignore the bottom half of the scene and concentrate on getting the first two girls into their houses and collecting from them at every opportunity. I did go ahead and build a farm and one of the statues down below...I finished with only seconds to spare! To me, this was the only tough level in the entire game.

lacard
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lacard on Jun 16, 16 11:18 AM
Couldn't beat bronze so I moved ahead. I went back after I finished the game and had acquired all of the artifacts. Breezed right through it. Used the 3 top artifacts. The extend the bonus one made a big difference.

kitbit
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kitbit on Aug 2, 16 3:07 AM
lacard wrote:Couldn't beat bronze so I moved ahead. I went back after I finished the game and had acquired all of the artifacts. Breezed right through it. Used the 3 top artifacts. The extend the bonus one made a big difference.

Yeah, returning to this level after you have all the upgraded artifacts seems to be the key. I used the Golden Fleece - bonuses last 60% longer, Golden Pick-axe - 30% more gold and the Golden Axe - 30% more wood.

As others have said, don't head down stairs until you've got the statue built. Priority is definitely getting girls in houses.

I upgraded everything to 3 stars: sawmill first, food to 2, mine to 2, then food to 3 and mine at the tail end when I had loads of resources. I also didn't bother with the bush once I had the grain mill built. Oh and upgrade the trailer to 2 men almost instantly and to 3 as soon as you can.

Strategy is sawmill, bush, grain mill, girl, house built, then upgraded wind altar, then mine, then statue, then second girl into second house on top level while also heading down stairs.

Good luck!

Go to: