Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

Hint button flashing

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jan 21, 10 2:12 PM
I was in the hotel lobby and the hint button was lit up and it started flashing quite brightly. I clicked on it, which I didn't want to do because I don't like to use one unless I have to. The flashing quit for a few seconds and started flashing again. it won't quit. I don't want to use the hints. I am in the 3rd chapter and it is still doing it. It's very annoying

Is anyone else having that problem? Is this a glitch. I already purchased the game with my Punch Card Reward from last month. Should I report this?

Edit
I rebooted my computer. That seems to have helped. The button is no longer flashing. I hope it doesn't start up again.

Edited on 01/21/2010 at 2:42:05 PM PST

MamaK9
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Hint button flashing

[Post New]by MamaK9 on Jan 21, 10 3:10 PM
Thank you so much Woofie - the hint button was going crazy from the moment I started playing. I came in here, saw your message, rebooted and Wa-la! It's really a nice game so I will probably buy it now instead of sticking it in the trash can LOL! Thanks again!

Cher

Edited on 01/21/2010 at 3:12:14 PM PST

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jan 21, 10 5:51 PM
You're welcome. Glad it helped you too. That's why I came back in and said it was "fixed" I figured if I had the problem, more than likely someone else might too. I thought I was going to have to contact CS so I did everything I figured they would ask me to do.

I am enjoying the game too and am glad I bought it.

Woofie53

lmuehl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by lmuehl on Jan 22, 10 8:19 PM
OMG....I have to thank you as well. It nearly drove me insane. Not only did it flash it kept binging too.

Edited to add. Unfortunately it was a temporary fix. You'd have to keep rebooting your computer prior to the game it get it to go away.

Edited on 01/23/2010 at 9:49:00 AM PST

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on Jan 29, 10 7:22 PM
Thanks Woofie, I'll have to try that fix.

I can't believe you made it to chapter three with that! It would be a total deal-breaker for me. Both the flashing and the noise made it completely impossible to concentrate on the game.

ubeacha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ubeacha on Feb 25, 10 3:22 PM
I have the flashing hint button too. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it didn't help. Rebooting only stops it temporarily.

I hit the hint button just to stop the flashing too, which is a shame...oh well

StandFast
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by StandFast on Jan 23, 11 8:37 AM
Good, I thought I was the only one with that stupid hint button going off constantly. Although we shouldn't have to continuously rebooting our computers, it's a glitch in the game somewhere and it would be nice if BF would fix some problems in their games. I enjoy the games I download and don't want to have to deal with minor details.

Thanks,

Me

Go to: