Review

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Review

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Jan 21, 10 9:43 PM
I really liked this game. Different and challenging to complete. While it only has 40 levels, it will take you three or four hours to finish (meeting minimum requirements for plant growth). But, if you want to get all the coins (maximum plant growth), it will take a few more hours.

To deliver enough water to make the goal plant grow to full size isn't that hard. On some levels, hitting maximum growth is really challenging. I managed, but only after playing some levels repeatedly.

I don't know if this game will be still fun to play in a month, but it was really fun to play the first and second time through.

I do appreciate the game's design--namely no violence, no shooting, etc.

Overall, if you like problem solving games, you should enjoy this one.

Edited on 01/22/2010 at 9:20:31 PM PST

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Re:Review

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Mar 8, 10 1:45 AM
Thank you, EnvirEng, that was really helpful. I think I'll get this game after all.

ducle
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by ducle on Mar 8, 10 7:38 AM
Based on your review, EnvirEng, I tried this game out and LOVE it! I'm still on a relatively easy level but can see how challenging the higher levels must be. It's a really entertaining but head scratching physics based puzzle, and if anyone reading this is on the fence, I'd definitely recommend trying it out.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Mar 8, 10 1:13 PM
Downloaded the demo this morning, loved it, then, got stuck at level 4 for crying out loud!!! I came back to it this afternoon and with patience and many retries finally got it. Was absolutely tickled! Just bought it. Each level requires a little experimentation and hit and miss tries to figure out but it really is fun. Thank you, EnvirEng, ducle and genet, for your nice reviews. You kept me going.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Mar 8, 10 4:31 PM
I just bought this game. I tried the demo first because I thought it might be a child's game. I was delighted to find that it was loads of fun. Reminded me of World of Goo only this one is a bit easier. Then again I haven't moved very far in the game. I love these kind of puzzle games that present you a problem and you have to figure out how to solve it. And, it even works on Win 7. And as an added touch, you get to buy animals also.

boogieT
Flounder
Flounder
2,176 Posts

[Post New]by boogieT on Mar 8, 10 4:44 PM
I will trial this game based on your review. Thanks .

boogieT
Flounder
Flounder
2,176 Posts

[Post New]by boogieT on Mar 8, 10 5:03 PM
This is like World of Goo.

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Mar 8, 10 8:12 PM
If anyone needs help on a particular level, let me know. I can help. One piece of advice: It is not always necessary to use all the plants. On some levels, the 'shooter' plants can be bypassed. Since it takes some water to 'grow' them to full size, you are essentially wasting water (if the plant can be bypassed).

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Mar 8, 10 8:57 PM
I agree it is a fun game and something different to go to for a change of pace. Lauralei, don't feel badly, I did the same thing - and I have a feeling that's the way it will go for the rest of the game, but I like a challenge to keep the synapses firing! :-)

PS - I forgot to thank EnvirEng for the offer of help and the tip on the plants - Thanks!

Edited on 03/08/2010 at 9:01:13 PM PST

bwana50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bwana50 on Mar 9, 10 1:23 AM
I can't get the last drop on level 12... I can consistently get 5999... how do you get the 6000 mark and the two coins????

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Mar 9, 10 4:17 AM
Oh boy! Other fishies can smell our wood burning and hear our synapses snapping all over the pond! EnvirEng, your tip to bypass some of the plants is excellent! It even works for some of the early levels I redid. Sometimes you have to think out of the box. I'm redoing a few of the lower levels trying for the max. Not much luck so far (so can't help out Bwana) but enjoying the quest.

Thanks for offer to help us along, EnvirEng. I haven't found a walkthrough and would hate to get stuck and have to give up the game. In fact, I hope we all keep in touch here for a while to compare notes and share tips.

Glad I have company, Survivor. It was level seven that stopped me in my tracks. I was breezing along having so much fun until hit level seven, ''Doh!''. Knowing you had trouble, too, let me have a good laugh about it.

Really fun and challenging game.

boogieT
Flounder
Flounder
2,176 Posts

[Post New]by boogieT on Mar 9, 10 5:43 AM
I like this game very much because it requires a diffferent approach to problem solving. I bought it after the trial and am not very good at it ,but having fun learning . Will enjoy sharing it with the boys when they are here for spring break and appreciate the advice you all have shared. Thanks Team Nanda !

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Mar 9, 10 9:33 AM
Just to add my "hear, hear!" to what Lauralei and boogieT said. And Team Nanda is the perfect name!

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Mar 9, 10 3:55 PM
bwana50 wrote:I can't get the last drop on level 12... I can consistently get 5999... how do you get the 6000 mark and the two coins????

You are going to hate this answer. I tried every way to win that level and finally figured it out. It is really easy if you don't over think it. Start by making a line--barely under the cloud--dropping down to the right. Get all the rain drops to fall to the side. There is a nasty bottleneck under the eagle's head on the right, so carefully draw a line--just barely rising up-- to keep the rain drops from forming a usless puddle right there. Past the eagle's head and the rain falls down without any guidance, until it gets near the bottom right.

You have enough ink left to draw a line the whole way over to the flower. I also put a line just past the flower to prevent run-off.

If you do this and don't lose any drops (I hate when they clump up), you will get the full score and all your coins.

If rain drops clump up, you can sometimes free them by scribbling on them and then erasing the line. Good luck

bwana50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bwana50 on Mar 9, 10 6:11 PM
thanks! I'm going to go try... again...

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Mar 10, 10 4:10 PM
Hello, Team Nanda! Hope everyone is still having fun with the little panda and his clouds. Driving home from the grocery store today I was looking forward to playing just as soon as I put all the stuff away. Can't think of another game that has had that effect. And for only $2.99!

EnvirEng, on level 12 it's all to the right? Didn't think of that. I tried all to the left and tried splitting the drops between left and right but neither worked. I know that bottleneck at the eagle's beak very well! Will try your tip later. *rubbing hands together*

There's another level that's eluding me for the perfect score but it's fairly low level so I'll keep at it for another day. It's wonderful knowing someone is here to help us when we're stuck. Thanks so much for that, EnvirEng.

Happy rain dancing, everyone!

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Mar 11, 10 5:03 PM
You can do it by going to the left as well. The trick is to draw the lines fast enough that 1) you don't lose any drops and 2) the drops don't clump up and evaporate.

[Post New]by eagletheboss on Mar 12, 10 7:55 PM
I am so stuck on level 36. I have tried for hours. I get all the petals blue on the flower and the out of time sign pops up. Any ideas?

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Mar 13, 10 6:20 AM
Thanks, EnvirEng. I tried so many times but just can't get past 5999. It's okay, though, I'll just move on. Game is still a lot of fun! Enjoy the weekend.

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Mar 14, 10 11:51 AM
bwana50 wrote:thanks! I'm going to go try... again...

Bwana, I think level 12 is broken. I just replayed it four times. (Two to the left and two to the right.) Each time I got every single, last drop. Scored 6000 each time also, but the game DID NOT give me the top two coins. Arghhh...

I am doing this under my third user name and I am sure I got all the coins the last two times I played through. Don't know what the problem is.

Go to: