bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Passport to Paradise

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 22, 10 12:05 AM
Kate Summers is a busy real-estate executive from New York on vacation from the daily grind, and the beach resort she is visiting turns out to be a total mess! Help Kate turn around a failing resort into a tropical paradise! Use your Time Management skills to build accommodations and sightseeing attractions, manage the resort's cash flow, and upgrade natural attractions such as hot springs and a volcano.

Edited on 01/22/2010 at 8:58:18 AM PST

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

Re:Passport to Paradise

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 22, 10 4:51 AM
Oh my! Gorgeous graphics? Yeah, if you wanna get eye cancer. Unique gameplay? So unique as any run-of-the-mill strategical construction game. Topic mildly interesting with the going green aspect, but that is covered better in Plan it green. Played the game for the trial hour, found out I always did the same (construct housing, housekeeping, a whopping 2 tourist attractions, and one of three food places - initially two, then litter the place with gardens to get pollution down).

KI? Tourists are dissatisfied cause they can't find a food place and are standing right in front of a fast food place. They also litter the place almost next to a trashcan.

Bottom Line: Watered down version of the professional game Tropico with MUCH less to do. No sale.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jan 22, 10 7:39 AM
I just bought Paradise Beach on another site. Is this similiar or a sequel? Will download trial hour and report my findings.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jan 22, 10 8:19 AM
Laflamme said it all! I only lasted 10 minutes into trial. UGH First it skipped level 1 and got worst from then on. No Sale here

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 22, 10 11:21 AM
Not a good tm-game. I hope the game tomorrow is much better. No sale today for me.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Jan 22, 10 11:29 AM
DITTO!

reedsteve
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by reedsteve on Jan 22, 10 2:49 PM
I'm sitting on two game credits, and if BFG keeps releasing tripe like this I may never get to use them.

[Post New]by Amedeo on Jan 23, 10 7:02 AM
There are SO MANY good and great games out-there, just wondering why would they publish such a joke. It seems like all these foreign games creators think it's a solution to copy a game, produce cheap animation and use American names in order to have success.

Edited on 01/23/2010 at 7:03:30 AM PST

syrionia
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by syrionia on Jan 23, 10 8:08 AM
I actually quite enjoyed this game *hides*
xD
It is a little short though, and yes it's repetitive, but it's good fun to play a mindless game sometimes.

jakiblue
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by jakiblue on Jan 23, 10 5:43 PM
Laflamme said it all. Ghastly graphics, repetitive gameplay. Normally i love these "build" games, but this one is very low-par. Would play it if it was a free game, but not spending a credit on this one.

I need another Build-It or Paradise Beach!!

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jan 23, 10 8:25 PM
I liked this game, although not enough to buy it.

My poor wrist is in complete pain after playing this one!

I have tried several of these games now, but each and every time my brain switches off after around an hour.

Maybe they are just not for me, so I would not be the best person to ask about this game.

dlkelly01
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by dlkelly01 on Jan 24, 10 10:18 AM
I actually liked the game. The only thing I didn't like was it wasn't lonf enough.

sunfluer
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunfluer on Jan 25, 10 11:17 AM
I tried the trial and it was okay. It seems to be a lot like Coconut Queen in game play and graphics. It is a little confusing on the levels numbers and how to get a good score especially at first, but I eventually figured it out.
I think it is the second location where you are supposed to upgrade the waterfall and I could not find the upgrade button. I kept trying and building things around it, but never found it...my trial ran out first. Oh well...
I am not sure if I will buy this game or not. It is one that if there is nothing else to play then maybe I'll get it.

Edited on 01/25/2010 at 11:18:01 AM PST

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Jan 27, 10 1:34 AM
Admittedly the grapics aren't really good and it surely isn't a 'one of a kind'-game, but I rather enjoyed playing it. The tourists are quite stupid sometimes, that's true.

Bottom Line: Watered down version of the professional game Tropico with MUCH less to do.

I have played "Tropico" quite a lot when it came out (part 1, that is) and I can't really see the connection. In "Tropico," tourist trade is just one of the things you work with, production makes up a lot more of your work. You have to keep your population happy, because you need to be elected again during regular intervals, you have to stash away some money (in case you're not re-elected) and you have to build up a place where your people get educated (though not too much) and your various industries run smoothly. The only real similarity between "Passport to Paradise" and "Tropico" is that both are set in a tropical climate, but that's all I can see.

subiegirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by subiegirl on Feb 21, 10 6:57 PM
I liked it and played it for hours. I don't need all the bells and whistles- shooting people and seeing blood squirt out, perfectly rendered humans, etc. Graphics are simple (which means it doesn't take forever to load a screen and doesn't move like molasses) and it is a bit repetitive (which means you can go back and perfect your previous score, time or strategy), but it was certainly worth $7.00. It was and is a fun way to waste time. This game is perfect for people like me who are occassional gamers and who play not to conquer the world or to kiil as many zombies as possible, but just to...play a game. :-)

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Passport to Paradise

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 16, 11 7:03 PM
One problem for me was that too little was explained. But the big problem, after being led by the hand for a while--and a pretty tightly held hand at that, so there was no chance of failure OR of understanding much--I was suddenly abandoned in the deep end.

Having taken too much time looking to build w/o messing up the jungle (WHY gardens do a better job of reducing pollution than jungle does I can't imagine!), I fiddled around until I could see how I'd build 3 Chalets while keeping Pollution under 40. (I had finally figured out that the goal I was repeatedly warned I'd "unchecked" was the total money on hand--inevitable, if I was to achieve the other goals!--so that warning was misleading as well as annoying.)

At that point I was approaching the bronze star, and chose Restart Level so I could do it right.

Which took me back to Square One--the very beginning of the entire game.

At that point I quit. I won't buy this; there are building games out there with more to attract me.

P.S. I never did figure out where, if anywhere, the current income is displayed--absolutely essential for good planning.

Edited on 04/16/2011 at 7:06:59 PM PST

Go to: