Can't cut ropes!

[Post New]by liannetait on Jan 22, 10 6:28 PM
Help me someone please! I can't cut the ropes in the study with the garden shears. I have read the walkthrough and it says to climb ladder and cut them from there but that doesn't work. Everytime I try to cut them sylvie just keeps repeating the same line saying she can't cut them because they'll notice they are missing! Anyone have any ideas?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Can't cut ropes!

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 22, 10 9:56 PM
liannetait wrote:Help me someone please! I can't cut the ropes in the study with the garden shears. I have read the walkthrough and it says to climb ladder and cut them from there but that doesn't work. Everytime I try to cut them sylvie just keeps repeating the same line saying she can't cut them because they'll notice they are missing! Anyone have any ideas?

What's happening is that the guard is still outside.

We have updated the walkthrough with the following right after you finish with the ring, but before you cut the ropes...

Now go out in the hallway and take a quick look around. If the Security Guard is gone, go back in the study and proceed with finding some rope. If he's still there, you missed something (you probably need to go back and read the documents in the safe completely).

This is just a clue to you that you have other things to do in the room first before you cut the ropes. (You'll be cutting them as the last thing you do there.)

Look through the walkthrough again and make sure you've done everything up to that point.

In particular, make sure that you actually opened and read all the pages of any documents you found.

If you've checked outside and the guard is still there, you need to do something else inside.

This game is very fussy about making sure your character knows everything she should. Just collecting or touching a document isn't enough--you have to page through it to the end to make sure she's seen all the informatino.

To page through a document:

1.. Left-click to collect it.
2. Right-click on it in inventory to zoom in on it.
3. Left-click on the zoom scene to turn the pages. Look for an arrow indicating more pages, or try the lower right corner of a book or letter.

But it may just be that you need to go outside to see that the guard isn't there before you cut the ropes.

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 01/27/2010 at 12:46:39 PM PST

Go to: