KatzGalore
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

level 48

[Post New]by KatzGalore on May 31, 16 10:19 AM
Can anyone collect enough crystals to finish in gold? I head straight for the altars first but can never seem to come closer than needing 2 more crystals to get gold! Drat!

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

Re:level 48

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Jun 1, 16 7:12 AM
Me neither. All the other levels are so easy. Not sure they tested this game very much. This one seems impossible. If it actually gave the two at each altar as the mouse over indicates it would be fine, but it only gives one.

KatzGalore
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by KatzGalore on Jun 1, 16 7:25 AM
Bummer! my gold record ruined! ( I think I'll live)

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Jun 1, 16 8:23 AM
I know a way to fix the problem Message me if you want to know how. :-)

Wolfangels
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfangels on Jun 2, 16 8:56 AM
I did it ... The "Biggest thing to remember is to fix the Altar between the blue & purple portals.... The Altars are not random they give the same thing every time you play & as we all have figured out they only give 1 not 2...

Good Luck

~Wolf~

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Jun 3, 16 5:59 AM
Nice going Wolfangels!

[Post New]by jackywilson on Jun 6, 16 2:40 PM
I have played this level over and over!! Best I can do is silver!! What is the secret??? Please help!

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Jun 7, 16 11:13 AM
There's no secret - it's a matter of what you upgrade and when. The priority is to get the altars built and portals active. And use your bonuses all the time whenever they fill. You can have them active at the same time, so don't wait to use them.

Don't spend lots of time in the beginning upgrading stuff. Don't upgrade anything, except the worker's tent, until after you have built the first altar, 1st and 2nd portals and all the buildings up top. Then upgrade the food mill to level 2.

After you build the first portal, don't bother going thru, just keep building your way to the second portal. Activate it, go thru and build the final altar and activate the final portal.

With everything clear and open, you can now start upgrading. Upgrade the saw mill to level 2 and the quarry to level 2. Upgrade the fireman's house to level 2 and the Sorceress' house to level 2 when they show they can be upgraded. Take care of the other things like the bridge and the ogre in front of the statue. Upgrade the sawmill to level 3. Keep gathering supplies while you upgrade the fireman's and sorceress' house and build the statue. Note - you do not have to get rid of the ogre in front of the beacon or build the beacon. I finished with lots of time to spare.

Edited on 06/07/2016 at 11:15:55 AM PST

[Post New]by jackywilson on Jun 7, 16 10:34 PM
FINALLY!! Thank you for your help Hespera!! It took me a number of times but I got it!! Yay!!

[Post New]by TMFanatic on Jun 13, 16 8:21 PM
Also, if you let the thieves pick up the crystal from the altar and then send the firemen to get rid of them it will give you two crystals instead of one! :-)

[Post New]by Msflowergal on Jun 21, 16 4:08 PM
HELP! I still can't even get close! Tried following "Hespera's" way, but still don't get the crystal's fast enough to come even close to finishing with gold! WHAT am I doing wrong? The other levels were quite easy, but this one I might need step by step instructions or a good hint!

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jun 25, 16 4:00 PM
Thanks, Hespera! Even though I barely managed 3 stars, that actually worked, when before I was getting one star.

amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by amminnc on Jul 6, 16 9:44 AM
TMFanatic is absolutely correct! The only way to get gold on this level is to let the thieves "steal" the crystals and then use your fireman to catch them. That way you get TWO crystals for every one they steal. To do this, wait half a second to let the thief grab the crystal and take a step back; then click on the thief. Otherwise, I don't think there's any way to get enough crystals to achieve gold. Thanks TMFanatic!

keldra1024
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by keldra1024 on Oct 1, 16 12:24 PM
another tip is to upgrade to three gnomes. I was able to do most of the levels with only two, but this level I needed more.

Go to: