Welcome to Green Moon forum

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Green Moon forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 23, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Green Moon forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Green Moon players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Green Moon forum

[Post New]by elspethgjc on Jan 23, 10 7:42 AM
Couldn't even get my game to open. I got a white square and it froze up my computer. I tried it twice and it did the same thing.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jan 23, 10 10:36 AM
Hi elspethgjc,

When experiencing a technical difficulty with a game like this, the best thing to do is make sure you have the most recent updates to your computer. You can read more about which updates you may need in order to play our games by clicking here.

If after running those updates you still find yourself unable to play your game, click on the "Contact Us" link on the left side of that article to get in touch with Customer Support via e-mail.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Kimhaz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Kimhaz on Jan 24, 10 4:23 AM
I have found the transfer rate for downloading this game incredibly slow. It is less than 20kb/s. I patiently allowed it to complete downloading yesterday, only to find it did not save to my computer. All I got was the message that it was installing files, then it froze. I think I have the most up to date drivers for my computer and a reasonable service from my broadband provider. I deleted the files as they weren't doing anything after 5 hrs and am giving it another go today but the download speed appear to be no better. Any tips?

Bexa
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Bexa on Jan 24, 10 6:41 PM
Mine downloaded fine and started fine.

I have had no issues....except my brain is not smart enough!

cnicolls
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by cnicolls on Jan 25, 10 10:07 AM
Wow! I just finished this game...what a brain bender! I loved it though, very challenging, and I especially liked the mini games, definitely not what you usually get!

And I agree with some of the others....I wasn't smart enough in a few places. I would have sunk like a stone without the forum hints aand the walk through. I really appreciate those sources being there for when they are really needed!

Thanks BF, for a super game offering!

badoodie
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by badoodie on Jan 25, 10 2:00 PM
Nohting useful to add here except that the hand gives me the creeps, especially in the opening scene where it's so grossly out of proportion to the guy it belongs to!

[Post New]by macyraypey on Jan 26, 10 9:38 AM
I am having issues with the game going crazy durring the cooking! I can do everything else, but when I do the garlic... it won't let me pick it up and freezes! Any suggestions?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 26, 10 9:49 AM
The problem is a misplaced hotspot. Try just below and to the right of the garlic.

[Post New]by macyraypey on Jan 26, 10 10:09 AM
Still nothing! All it says is "a hard board" and the rice is flashing?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 26, 10 10:26 AM
Where is the rice flashing? I thought you'd just cut up a single clove of garlic.

[Post New]by macyraypey on Jan 26, 10 10:29 AM
Yes, the rice in the bowl started flashing after I saved and left the game and reloaded. It will not let me do anything with the board after I do the first clove of garlic.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 26, 10 10:50 AM
The hand that says "a hardboard" exactly underneath the chopped garlic will pick it up.

Edited on 01/26/2010 at 10:51:58 AM PST

[Post New]by macyraypey on Jan 26, 10 11:29 AM
I have tried clicking on every spot on the cutting board and still nothing! Think I have a pretty good glitch, wonder if uninstalling is what I will have to do, or wait for BF to put out a fix? Thanks for trying!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 26, 10 11:40 AM
Did you have the book with you?
Can you go back to an earlier saved game before you start cooking?
The game is behaving oddly if you try to save in the middle of something.

[Post New]by macyraypey on Jan 26, 10 11:47 AM
Yea, I went back to the pen part and it played fine until the same place did the same thing. Let me know if there is a fix, I really don't want to start over if I don't have to!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 26, 10 11:55 AM
No fix as yet, only the workaround.
If you really can't pick up the garlic once you've chopped it, then you need to let BFG know.
Click on the green envelope, then Contact Us, then select Technical Issues from the drop-down list.
CS is unlikely to know about the problem just yet.

[Post New]by macyraypey on Jan 26, 10 12:10 PM
Ok, I sent the problem to BFG, I will post if I get any answers!

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Jan 26, 10 12:18 PM
Had some trouble with the garlic too! Try clicking at the very bottom of the garlic, right of centre! It is very specific about where it will let you collect!

Hope you make it!

[Post New]by autumndaze on Jan 26, 10 2:40 PM
why is there not a game guide? I am having trouble in knowing what to do to play. I am new to this type of game.

Go to: