pumpkin88
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by pumpkin88 on Mar 8, 14 9:29 AM
Hi,
I have Windows 7 64-bit PC computer. While playing the game I have a task to create a player and choose an avatar.
Every time I attempt this it says name is already taken. It doesn't matter which name or avatar I choose.

Is there a resolution for this error.

Thanks!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 8, 14 4:56 PM
Please fix the Secret Library.

I'm getting very tired of wasting energy playing the Secret Library only to have to quit during the HO scene and not get anything.

First time I played it just now: found the bow that's in the library window mini scene, but game didn't register it as found.

Second time: found the chess piece in the window, and then another customer appeared asking for the chess piece.

Over 400 units of energy wasted to receive absolutely nothing.

gleamrob
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by gleamrob on Mar 9, 14 1:10 PM
When I go to map, it shows that I have a quest in the secret library in WA. It has been there for several days, but there is no quest.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Mar 11, 14 9:12 PM
Please, I am begging you, for the love of God, quit sending me messages about "watchlist items" that do not exist!

I quit playing in January after the Christmas debacle. Tried to resume in Feb. after latest update but spent three days deleting 700 (as in seven hundred!) messages about people auctioning silver forks. I have no items at all in my watchlist and haven't had any since October.

I tried to go back in today in the hopes of resuming game play, but now I have another five hundred freaking messages about this stupid fork. Seriously? How difficult is it to program a game to NOT send messages to people.??? I have given this game so many chance and this just puts it over the top for me.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Mar 12, 14 1:53 AM
Two suggestions to try:
1) add the Silver fork again to your watch list and then delete it (maybe the previous removal didn't register correctly, so this might help)
2) add a rare item or an item that is never auctioned to your watch list (maybe the program doesn't like empty lists and retained 1 item, so this would replace it)

LXC12
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by LXC12 on Mar 12, 14 5:51 AM
Dirk_Tee wrote:Two suggestions to try:
1) add the Silver fork again to your watch list and then delete it (maybe the previous removal didn't register correctly, so this might help)

I think this worked for me. I restarted the game way back when and kept getting auction notifications from my previous game in my current game. There was nothing on my watch list. Probably, these 2 items were left on my watch list when I restarted -- but since they didn't appear anywhere in my game, I couldn't stop them. I When I added one of them back onto my list, they BOTH reappeared on the watch list. I then removed both of them. So I'm hopeful! Thanks for the tip, Dirk

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Mar 13, 14 3:26 AM
Dirk_Tee wrote:Two suggestions to try:
2) add a rare item or an item that is never auctioned to your watch list (maybe the program doesn't like empty lists and retained 1 item, so this would replace it)

Thank you! I will report back as to the success, hopefully it will work and we can make this a sticky post for everyone else.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 13, 14 4:51 AM
Tried the suggestion of putting a previously listed item on my list and a rare item. Sad to say that it did not work. Really very annoying to have an inbox full of pointless messages!

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Mar 13, 14 2:05 PM
Love the update but. in the bank appears to be programming error. Not sure how to explain. Had to ctrl alt del to exit game. first thing that went astray was in finding the objects (had blow torch in top corner) instead of a description or riddle for the item to find, shows ho.....something cannot remember exact characters and ended in underscore clue, etc.. I used hint and shows uncle sam poster, was going to continue but another description came up in programming language and used hint again and shows the racing flags BUT when you try and click on flags nothing happens. The game will go no further. Came out of game to let you know this. Hope it is fixed soon. Love the new demographics and happy to have update

jodiswat
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jodiswat on Mar 13, 14 6:16 PM
told me to update so I updated and when i go to install, it tells me installation failed. Help.

[Post New]by dajoseverin on Mar 13, 14 7:54 PM
Just downloaded new version. in Washington, , I find items (such as the bat) only to have it come up again which cannot be found Stuck with no way to get out.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 13, 14 8:34 PM
My installation failed too. I am getting sick and tired of this. Some of the F2P games, when you have to reinstall them just won't do it. (Or maybe it's only this one, and I keep forgetting).

What happens in my case is that the game downloads, and then it's "ready to install", but the GM won't respond. So I have to close the GM, and when I reopen it, I am no longer signed in. So I sign in, and then click on "Install", but nothing doing.

So I have to uninstall the darn thing again, and reinstall it again. Usually, the second time it works. But this is really annoying...

BTW, when I then uninstall the game, it takes forever for the game to uninstall. Feels like I am uninstalling 100 GB.

ETA: Just remembered from last time that the game just doesn't finish uninstalling. It just keeps "uninstalling". So I closed the GM, and when I reopened it, it says: "Ready to install". So I just click on that little sign at the right, and now it's installing again.

More ETA: OK, it's installed properly the second time round.

Edited on 03/14/2014 at 1:17:22 AM PST

[Post New]by discodonna70 on Mar 14, 14 3:29 AM
I just took advantage of the 'upgrade decor' sales. I had already purchased upgrades 10 times in the past few months and needed 5 more purchases to reach 15 and thus earn the achievemet reward for 15 purchases. Well, I DIDN'T RECEIVE THE KEEPSAKE!!! I'm not happy. I spent oodles of coins for these 5 new purchased upgrades. Where is my reward??? I don't even remember what it was supposed to be. I think it was for double or 50 o/o extra coins for 30 minutes.

cviscara11
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by cviscara11 on Mar 14, 14 7:15 AM
Update taking forever to install, I have downloaded game that was fine but the install seem to be stuck at 99% and has been for over an hour now, this is the third time I have tried to install update, the second time it was installing for over 3 hrs, all I want to do is play the game.

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Mar 14, 14 3:04 PM
Hi- Just finished the update and tried to install. Message says game not found. try logging in with another account error code 208
I don't have another account so here goes my first problem to customer support.
I contacted them once before about installing a purchased game on another computer. The woman was friendly, offered relevant information without my questioning and had my answer right away...I'm hopeful.

ldehaan1
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by ldehaan1 on Mar 14, 14 4:04 PM
Hi I downloaded the game and have been playing it. I am playing on Windows 8. But it keeps shutting down unexpectedly. I can resign in but it is getting sickening.

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Mar 14, 14 4:37 PM
Update on the update. Went to the online help page, installation problems section and found my error code category. Did what they told me and got a 799 error code. Went to the page for that code and did what they told me. Reinstalled the game manager and the game and here I am a mere 4 and a half hours later with a working game. Correction: installed game. I haven't tried it yet. Tired of being on the computer will try at a later time.

Edited on 03/14/2014 at 4:43:08 PM PST

kata11379
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by kata11379 on Mar 16, 14 10:30 AM
I just finished playing a round I believe on level 42 and I used the magic lamp which double amount of experienced for 30 minutes. Well, conveniently, I started with 0 xp and eared 7825. Now, at the end of 30 minutes was that to be doubled?? I noticed that I would earn xp in cities and those point were not doubled, so I figured that it would be done in the end. Please help me to understand the difference between using the magic lamp and grandmother's quilt, which I had the opportunity to use and did not. All I know is none of my points were doubled. Thank you.

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Mar 16, 14 10:56 AM
kata11379 wrote:I just finished playing a round I believe on level 42 and I used the magic lamp which double amount of experienced for 30 minutes. Well, conveniently, I started with 0 xp and eared 7825. Now, at the end of 30 minutes was that to be doubled?? I noticed that I would earn xp in cities and those point were not doubled, so I figured that it would be done in the end. Please help me to understand the difference between using the magic lamp and grandmother's quilt, which I had the opportunity to use and did not. All I know is none of my points were doubled. Thank you.

1. Play one city or one mini-game without the use of this keepsake. Say it is giving you 75 XP for one round.
2. Add the keepsake and you will see that you are now getting 150 XP for one round(as long as you are at the same level of play, such as "Amateur", both times).
That is where the doubling up happens.

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Mar 16, 14 10:59 AM
Strange graphic problem happening where the entire background is white when a mini-game or a city scene opens. In one case, the "hidden" objects were scattered all over the scene - white background - and the requests kept popping up, so I was able to still play the city and yes, received all the items.

I have sent a screen-shot to the technical help folks, since I have some of them directly e-mailing me now.

Go to: