weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove info and speculation!

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 10, 09 2:47 PM
Thanks bedhead!
Could it be possible the portal isn´t the direct front door to the house, but something like a gate to a yard in front of the real building? Maybe there´s something like a graveyard, where the celtic cross would be, that was on the sign and in the pic of the presentation.

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Nov 10, 09 2:51 PM
It looks on the sign like that door is attached to the house, it looks kind of like an entrance hall/porch if that makes sense. There is a graveyard in the video though, with several celtic looking crosses though. Might have imagined it but was there a graveyard in RTR, on the cliff behind Victors cottage?

tunaontoast
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,449 Posts

[Post New]by tunaontoast on Nov 10, 09 2:52 PM
cadfael wrote:Rose, you mean like uncovering diary pages? I was wondering the same thing myself.

Cadfael and Rose, In the video there's a scene where the girl looks like she is packing and there is a journal type book on the bed.

Kimmy1971
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kimmy1971 on Nov 10, 09 2:54 PM
tunaontoast wrote:
cadfael wrote:Rose, you mean like uncovering diary pages? I was wondering the same thing myself.

Cadfael and Rose, In the video there's a scene where the girl looks like she is packing and there is a journal type book on the bed.

will have to watch again ...

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 10, 09 2:58 PM
Went back and looked again. I saw it tuna, it's red. Maybe there will be a combination of video and written journal entries to find.

Edited on 11/10/2009 at 3:03:04 PM PST

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Nov 10, 09 2:59 PM
bedheadkg wrote:Might have imagined it but was there a graveyard in RTR, on the cliff behind Victors cottage?

I checked and the graveyard I was thinking off was on the cliff top overlooking Victors Cottage, no celtic crosses in site though so don't think it's connected

Sinsaint
Clownfish
Clownfish
635 Posts

[Post New]by Sinsaint on Nov 10, 09 3:15 PM
I didn't want to ruin Picman's fun. I wondered why I found one of the actress' website that said she was filming in Argentina.

lilgirl88
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

[Post New]by lilgirl88 on Nov 10, 09 3:16 PM
Ok sorry to bring this up again but after listening to the ending of the video many times I'm pretty sure she's saying 1) I didn't turn it on...I'm sorry or 2) I didn't turn it off...I'm sorry. I just thought that it was interesting seeing as how they were doing a video dairy like thing. Maybe she didn't turn it on and someone is missing and they would have known what happened in the video recorder was on. Or something like that cause I'm fairly certain it's #1 from above.

I also noticed the red notebook on the bed.

iluvmycats63
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by iluvmycats63 on Nov 10, 09 3:28 PM
This is all just too exciting!I know I will be contacting all the aboves names to check everybody for a paper bag( Hyperventilation time ) We will all hold hands and walk in a single file HA HA HA .No place I would rather be then along side my Big fish Buddies lol.Thank you for setting up a place for us to talk .

iluvmycats63
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by iluvmycats63 on Nov 10, 09 3:30 PM
bedheadkg wrote:
bedheadkg wrote:Might have imagined it but was there a graveyard in RTR, on the cliff behind Victors cottage?

I checked and the graveyard I was thinking off was on the cliff top overlooking Victors Cottage, no celtic crosses in site though so don't think it's connected
Are you talking about by the light house?

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Nov 10, 09 3:39 PM
On the doorway below "Shady Grove" is a stone face many have already mentioned - it looks female. But there are also two younger-looking female faces, one on either side of the doorway. Rose and her two daughters?

(Sorry if this was mentioned earlier - there are so many new posts today!)

Edit: Oh, and in the video when the students arrive at Dire Grove they are carrying backpacks, so which ever fishie translated the Gaelic text clue and speculated that 4 students went missing without a trace but their backpacks were left behind seems correct.

Edited on 11/10/2009 at 4:19:50 PM PST

geezing
Catfish
Catfish
1,722 Posts

[Post New]by geezing on Nov 10, 09 3:42 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE

going back to watch more

[Post New]by thatbonnielass on Nov 10, 09 3:52 PM
AHHHHHHHHHH!!! Such cruelty, Picman! Cruelty! Seriously, do we think maybe he's yanking the fishing line about December? Oh PLEASE tell me he is and it's going to magically appear on Thanksgiving...

cathy1200
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by cathy1200 on Nov 10, 09 4:01 PM
The blog has been updated with a little information about the film and some still shots.

iluvmycats63
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by iluvmycats63 on Nov 10, 09 4:17 PM
Okay I re- listened to the last bit there and it does sound like she says" Thats who you are sorry" And yes I do see a face of a woman on the left side of screen.

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by tictacsix on Nov 10, 09 4:30 PM
After watching the video, I think that three of the students are oblivious to any wrong doings...BUT that one male student who is in the snow ditch on all fours, looks awfully creepy/guilty as he is trying to hide something and cover it up in the snow just as he looks eerily up at us. Maybe a descendent bringing new victims...What a way to go unnoticed (a college student) and continue to have an endless supply of victims.

Sinsaint
Clownfish
Clownfish
635 Posts

[Post New]by Sinsaint on Nov 10, 09 4:35 PM
iluvmycats63 wrote: Okay I re- listened to the last bit there and it does sound like she says" Thats who you are sorry" And yes I do see a face of a woman on the left side of screen.

The face is also on the right a second later. I think it's just the woman in the car, possibly she's in the car trying to record something outside (or just has it running without realizing) and it's picking up her reflection instead.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Nov 10, 09 4:36 PM
Sounds like "Leave me alone! I didn't turn it on...I'm sorry..."

But not really sure it matters in the scheme of things. I still want to know what the heck is the connection between Russian circus performers and English nobility! I'm obsessed - I admit it.

Geez - I used to actually get stuff done before I found this forum...

Sinsaint
Clownfish
Clownfish
635 Posts

[Post New]by Sinsaint on Nov 10, 09 4:37 PM
tictacsix wrote:After watching the video, I think that three of the students are oblivious to any wrong doings...BUT that one male student who is in the snow ditch on all fours, looks awfully creepy/guilty as he is trying to hide something and cover it up in the snow just as he looks eerily up at us. Maybe a descendent bringing new victims...What a way to go unnoticed (a college student) and continue to have an endless supply of victims.

Maybe he is possessed or goes off the deep end (The Shining).

[Post New]by Cre8tivemom2002 on Nov 10, 09 4:46 PM
The screaming face at the end looks like a woman under the ice...
Could that be the Banshee?

Go to: