Re:Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition comments and reviews

[Post New]by DesertHumingbird on Dec 19, 09 5:14 PM
This has got to be one OF THE BEST NEW GAMES OUT.....LOTS OF SUSPENSE, GREAT STORY WITH THE VIDEO TAPES. ALMOST SCARY LOL...I GIVE THIS GAME A 10.........THANK BF FOR ANOTHER GREAT GAME. LOVED IT..........DH

[Post New]by DesertHumingbird on Dec 19, 09 5:20 PM
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-game-walkthrough/
GREAT PLACE TO GO IF YOUR STUCK.......DH

serena302
Catfish
Catfish
1,598 Posts

[Post New]by serena302 on Dec 19, 09 5:31 PM
I love the game. The story was interesting, the graphics are beautiful and love the morphing objects. Looking forward to the next MCF game. Thank you BF for another great game.

[Post New]by Sunshine_Girl on Dec 19, 09 6:01 PM
I can't place the urn at the ruins...is anyone else having this problem? I only purchased the regular addition. So close to the end, would like to see how it finishes.

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Dec 19, 09 9:12 PM
This was just great, everything I've come to expect of MCF excellence and more. I bought the $6.99 edition 'cause the $20 was a bit over my budge, but WOW!

Just one itsy-bitsy thing: At the end of the game I was left with a pair of snowshoes. A bit odd, don't you think?

As for MCF games, all I can say is - gimme more!!

Vol au vent

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on Dec 20, 09 1:56 AM
JOLENE870 wrote:Is it me!!! I have completed the thing, got to the end tried to put the mercury vial in the rock and it wont let me! Can anyone hlep! I have obviously missed something!

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on Dec 20, 09 1:58 AM
did any one anser this mercury bottle problem, wont let us put it in the rock, help.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 20, 09 2:42 AM
Which rock? There are five slots. Scroll right.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 20, 09 4:38 AM
bableed wrote:I never did find any bonus levels in Diregrove. Now I see another collector's addition game, Edgar Allen Poe. I hesitate to purchase it for the same reason. I would really appreciate it if anyone can tell me about the bonus for Diregrove.
Thanks.

Bableed: Check out this thread:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/68892.page

[Post New]by mkelley4240 on Dec 20, 09 6:21 AM
I have never blogged on a game before but I was so blown away by this game that I had to add my comments! This was a fantastic, challenging and yet play-friendly game. I can't wait to see more like this. I played it twice in a row and found that it was intuitive - complex but not so difficult that I had to completely rely on the walkthrough. Bravo!!!!!

majella
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by majella on Dec 20, 09 6:25 AM
Hi,
Did anyone else notice that there was a puzzle that didnt need solving for the outcome of the game & it wasnt mentioned in the walkthrough? May be there was more but i only noticed this one, in the grocery store basement, where the map of the morphing objects is. The puzzle is on top of the barrel, it seems to be a word puzzle??

jenniebugs
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by jenniebugs on Dec 20, 09 7:30 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:Apart from a morphous (which means without shape), are you playing the CE or the $6.99 version? There are no morphs in the standard game.

I bought the 6.99 game and the amorphous items do not appear when clicked. This is a bit annoying - I mean if I had paid the larger price would I have had these morphs? As it is, how essential are they to the overall game? If I get to the end and need them, then the whole game is useless! Please advise whether this is the case, or can I re-download the game with them on? Thanks.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 20, 09 8:07 AM
Yes you would have had the morphs (metamorphs if you want to be precise).
They aren't at all. They are an achievement.

[Post New]by Nisha21 on Dec 20, 09 8:13 AM
Ok I liked the game. I am happy with mystery case files coming out with a game that is more puzzle than hidden object. I want to mention that I wouldn't pay the extra $13 just to have the morphing objects. My main concern though is what is the whole purpose of getting snow shoes to do nothing with in the end? Did I somehow miss something?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 20, 09 8:41 AM
Well ... you did miss another few dozen people and threads about the snowshoes.

[Post New]by laydback333 on Dec 20, 09 9:35 AM
is there a walk through.. this game is getting on my last nerve. I love a good game and I did finish Ravenhurst 2, but by the time I am done back tracking I have forgotten what the heck I was looking for... please help

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 20, 09 9:52 AM
The walkthrough is the third thread down in this forum.

updegraff
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by updegraff on Dec 20, 09 11:13 AM
I am not happy about having to pay 19.95 for a game with extras. I think as a member of Big Fish we should be able to get the extras without any additional cost. Not that it will keep me from staying a member but just had to throw my 2 cents out there!!!
I got this game with a game credit and so far I love it!

[Post New]by CiscosMom on Dec 20, 09 12:12 PM
I really loved the game, however I didn't see anything that might be the 'extra' content that BF promised. It seemed like a straight forward game and no more than usual for this kind of game. What did I miss? Please let me know BF so I'll know whether to play again or not. I thought I read there are more levels than in the regular edition. Help me to understand exactly what that means.
Thanks BF for a great game otherwise.

[Post New]by francest on Dec 20, 09 1:51 PM
I bought Dire Grove and I am really enjoying it. However I haven't finished it because I can't figure out what to do with the sunflower seeds and potatoe chips.
I've started over twice, and get just so far. I made it to the tent and stones, but I am done then. Don't know what to do with the stones. HELP some one!

Go to: