wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by wishtar on Feb 3, 16 2:52 PM
Agree wholeheartedly with all of Apollo's suggestions. That would be the gold standard for a new update. Now sitting here cowering in the corner afraid to ask so much! Just sort of hoping for anything even just putting it back than nothing at all

janwinley
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by janwinley on Feb 3, 16 3:31 PM
Very quick and short question...has anyone answered or acknowledged this feedback? Because I have a feeling we are all wasting our time if they haven't the decency to respond by now. I really don't think they deserve any loyalty from everyone in fact I doubt if they are even reading the thread.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 3, 16 3:35 PM
janwinley wrote:Very quick and short question...has anyone answered or acknowledged this feedback? Because I have a feeling we are all wasting our time if they haven't the decency to respond by now. I really don't think they deserve any loyalty from everyone in fact I doubt if they are even reading the thread.

There has been a couple responses from the mods......back on page 33 and 36 or so..... cheers **D**

pancakey
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by pancakey on Feb 3, 16 3:43 PM
Hey ratso,

Noticed that you advised not playing the game for a while so the DEVs would take notice...I agree that that is a metric that they would look at, but I think not buying anything would have more impact. Or maybe I just want to keep playing, although a lot less than I used to...still, I think that they would be a lot more concerned about the amount of money coming in than the amount of people playing. So, I'm just not buying any coins or diamonds (which I would have bought!).

Love your posts, by the way.

pancakes

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Feb 3, 16 3:51 PM
Agreed, not playing is good, not paying is better!! But dare I say, I would be hard pressed to disagree with the King Rat. LOL

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Feb 3, 16 4:58 PM
To each his own... I figure that not playing does several things:

1). You don't buy coins or diamonds
2). You're not tempted to buy coins or diamonds
3). You avoid the frustration of playing for shards and 15 lousy coins
4). You find that you have other interests/hobbies
5). With compassionate counseling, you rediscover your family and friends
6). You have time to bathe and shave so you don't look like you've been on a bad acid trip for 6 weeks
7). And the most important reason - you have time to read and appreciate my brilliant messages!

Who could ask for more? All donations appreciated. Fan club meeting tomorrow.

Ratso

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Feb 3, 16 5:05 PM
Kingratso you have got to be the funniest poster on this forum. I, for one, really do appreciate your posts and make it a point to read every one of them. Thank you so much for making me laugh every single time.

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Feb 3, 16 5:23 PM
Yes, if there were awards Kingratso would win funniest poster ever! Shaving? is that why my personal life has taken a distinct downturn? Dang, If only I had made that correlation! Thank you so much for bringing us all back to reality. Reading your messages has been far more entertaining than playing the game, hands down.
Just saying, I am an achievement junkie and still would like to feel free to get the daily bonus thing and play dice once a day. Not interested in anything else and DQ's aren't blizzards and don't involve oreos I'm not interested since it's impossible.

Sign me up for the Fan club either that or FAA (forum addicts anonymous) LOL
Eliana

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 3, 16 5:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm stopping by with another reminder that the discussion in this thread does need to stay on-topic regarding the latest update to the game. We have specifically fought to keep this thread open and have redirected all updated-related feedback here in order to keep your input more visible.

As always, the Forum Rules must also be observed, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

Additionally, it looks like there have been several posts regarding the whereabouts of this particular thread. The Forum Moderation Team neither has the ability nor the inclination to hide this thread to prevent users from posting here.

As some may have noticed, the title on the front page of the Midnight Castle Forum reads Most Recent Discussions. Apart from the stickied and locked threads, all other threads will be listed in order of most recent posts. Please keep in mind that the Midnight Castle Forum is one of the busiest forums on this site, and that hundreds of users post here daily. Even if a thread is fairly active, such as this one, it can be bumped down if other users are posting in other threads.

While we hope to keep this thread available, it will have to be locked if the rules are not followed and if the conversation cannot remain on-topic.

Thank you for your understanding,

bfgWaimea

SweetNellyBly
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by SweetNellyBly on Feb 3, 16 6:52 PM
Deleted per another players request

Edited on 02/08/2016 at 2:40:30 AM PST

[Post New]by TwiliteZone on Feb 3, 16 6:56 PM

Edited on 02/05/2016 at 10:29:21 AM PST

pancakey
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by pancakey on Feb 3, 16 6:59 PM
I'm thinking that the mods don't think telling Ratso how funny he is is on-topic for this thread, so I guess I won't say that I also was laughing out loud although I don't actually shave my face...

What this post is for is to say that I think I am about to throw in the towel on the game, at least for now, because it just isn't that interesting to do HOS's and not get an item. I find this ironic because I just said how I wanted to keep playing and just wasn't going to buy coins and diamonds.

I am not in your typical customer service, but we do have stakeholders and when they bring up an issue it is policy to send an email immediately to let them know we received their feedback and that they should receive a reply within three business days. Many people in this thread have asked for some sort of acknowledgement of our concerns from Elephant, even if it's just to say "we hear you, we're thinking about it". It surprises me that there has been no response, although I do not know how their business operates.

I do NOT blame the mods for this; I believe that they are passing along our feedback and would probably like the HOS's to be put back like they were (if only to stop our whining). Thank you to the mods for keeping this thread open and also please keep it open! (Remove posts if necessary.)

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Feb 3, 16 7:13 PM
I have been stewing for the last week trying to decide what to do. Based on the experience of friends and users of the forum it seems that having a large inventory can be a risk if there is a problem with your game. Because I am so UNHAPPY with the game as is, I am going to go ahead and use up all my stored inventory to level up. Any other action is TOO DEPRESSING. I discontinued the HOS rounds completely last week. I cannot even get enthusiastic about opening up new HOS's as if no item needed for current quest, 15 coin drops 75% of time. Why bother??

As it appears there will be no immediately forthcoming update to pacify the masses herein, I will be "playing" to level up or gift only, until I run out of inventory to do so, and then wait for the next update in hopes it will actually be an improvement. This one CLEARLY was more of a downgrade than an upgrade for all players below level 68! I assure you no money will leave my personal pocket for BFG as it stands.

I will continue to follow this thread (and the forum in general) in hopes of good news, even when I have stopped playing completely. Best wishes for a speedy UPGRADE (early spring event?) please!

PLEASE!

Armerige
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Armerige on Feb 3, 16 8:46 PM
Moderators, you have stated repeatedly, ask if you have questions. And to stay on topic. I have several, worthy of an answer, all based around a Moderator statement, which I presume, would not have been made in such a volatile thread had you not the adequate Intel to backup that statement.

I have been thinking about your comment posted to this thread. I opened my game, looked over the various functions of the game, i.e. BKQ, DQ, Trina, Achievements, Gifting, etc. This will probably cover 2-3 posts as we are limited to space. I hope you will take time to review my entire post, and answer either in this thread or in a PM. I look forward to your corrections, if any, of my interpretation of MC and your clarification of Game/Player Functionality.

bfgWaimea on Feb 1, 16 3:35 PM posted to this thread . . .
. . . We understand that many players are unhappy with this latest update, and the majority of the posts in this thread do show this. Despite this, the update is still necessary because it affects game functionality and cannot be rolled back . . .

1. Please define Game Functionality?
2. Does this go with my visualization that the Core of MC is changing? Will that change bring about a different way of playing MC, a different ‘function’ on our part, as well?

Prior to the update, the function of an HOS was to reward a set amount of coins, an inventory item, in addition to other random goodies. My function was to use those coins, inventory items, and random goodies, to unlock locations for game advancement, achievements, fulfill character quests, gifting friends, pets, and using the above items at my discretion to craft, sell off, visit ZZ’s, DQ’s, and most recently, disenchant. My means to an end was to repeatedly visit HOS’s, to function, in the game. While most did complain about the time between content updates, regardless of our individual styles of playing MC, there were things to keep us busy, like Achievements, DQ’s, Trina, Decorating, Crafting & Selling, Collecting Items/Coins, to reach personal goals, etc. because we were rewarded with an inventory item of some sort from each HOS.

This is how I understood Game/Player functionality.
CONTINUED

Armerige
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Armerige on Feb 3, 16 8:58 PM
CONTINUED from above
Blue Key quests were incorporated to offset time between updates, correct? As you stated above, it was necessary for the HOS’s drop change and the addition of extra coins/shards for game functionality, correct? As of the current update, after 100 HOS’s (more than reasonable), a Level 69 game is at a stand-still, even with the addition of a feature that was intended to offset standing still, as it is out of the items necessary to fulfill the current Blue Key quest, the current DQ, and a variety of ZZ’s for Trina. Since none of the items required to fulfill the quests dropped in over 100 HOS, to ‘function’ and move forward in the game, in more than reasonable time period, the only option is to purchase diamonds OR once again make endless HOS rounds, but now, only in hope of receiving a needed item.

Post update such drastic decreases (percentages all over the board as no two games play the same), in inventory drops from the HOS’s, and the addition of extra coinage and shards, as anyone can clearly see by the contents of this thread, deserves explanation. Clearly, this update has drastically affected players, pro and con update.

IMO, I have lost control of how I want to play the game for personal enjoyment. Due to decreased inventory drops, I am now forced to make decisions between fulfilling open quests, saving for future crafting, selling, gifting, and/or disenchanting. Previously, there wasn’t a “between” to consider. I could do a little of all aspects within the previous ‘functionality’ of MC. I had choices because one way or another, every HOS rewarded an inventory item, eventually leading to, several at the least, of any one item available.

3. What exactly is the player’s new functionality, post update?

Clearly, in a nutshell, to reiterate part of question #2, that is the question of the hour. When the ‘functionality of the game as we knew it has changed, so our functionality within the game changes.

I would like to make my decision to abandon this new “functionality” of MC or stay with MC based on facts of what I can expect from future updates, what my pocketbook can expect, and most importantly, what enjoyment my new function within MC will bring.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Feb 3, 16 9:07 PM
CHEERS!

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Feb 3, 16 9:20 PM
Armerige: I stand in awe! I'm sorry for the lawyer jokes...

Well said. One of the functions of the game was to provide enjoyment to the players. For, dare I say, most of us, that functionality has been taken away by this "downdate" (TM). To add insult to injury, we get no news other than "our concerns are being passed on to the developers". Believe me, this is no way to run a business. I believe we all realize the mods have no say in what happens to the game, but being told our concerns are going to higher authority and receiving no response from said high authority is frustrating and, IMHO, insulting. I am coming to the realization that management could care less about the game or those who chose to support it with their pocketbooks. Thinking seriously about giving away the meager items I have and deleting the source of my discontent.

Ratso

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Feb 3, 16 9:37 PM
Could not agree more, Amerige, Thank you for putting it so pointedly to task. It could not have been said better!! The higher ups that dictate how responses to our queries are handled. While it may not all be pleasant. This is akin to outsourcing customer service o another country where they are given cue cards to read off in response to ?'s. As I have stated before this is the larger part of the increasing frustration level of players and extreme lack of forethought on the part of the owners of BF. How sad, one quick perusal of multiple game threads would provide a quick and clear insight as to the fact that their current approach to CS/sales is failing. Until BF recognizes that CS(including forum management) and sales are one and the same no clear resolution is in sight.

Edited on 02/04/2016 at 6:09:57 AM PST

[Post New]by second_childhood on Feb 3, 16 9:42 PM
Amerige - I also stand in awe!

It took some digging but I found my hand written sheets from when I first started Midnight Castle. I thought the HOS would give the same thing every time (it's okay to laugh), so I know the drop from the HOS used to always include three items and sometimes four.

In 100 HOS, my item drop rate is 25% AND you always get ONE other item and sometimes TWO - at least I now know why my airship, stamp and pet food inventory dropped.

Changes this expansive should have been announced and players given the option to not take this update.

ajtho1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by ajtho1 on Feb 3, 16 10:33 PM
apollogold wrote:I thought my suggestions were worth repeating so here they are again....

I have been keeping up with this thread on a daily (& nightly) basis and I have found some very good suggestions that perhaps may satisfy everyone... you will notice, I said may satisfy , as not everyone will agree, but we are all entitled to our opinions (so, please... don't jump down my throat). That being said, here are my suggestions for the DEVS....

1) Replace the HOS items back to where when we play an HOS, we are guaranteed to receive an HOS Item.
2) Place the 15 coins and shards in the flower drop. In other words, up the ante from 10 to 15 coins. That way, we still have 15 coins and the ability to acquire shards from picking the morphing flowers.
3)Tie the Gnome Quests/Blue Character Quests into the HOS's so that we can acquire the item needed to complete the quest. In other words... Fix the "Find Button" to work with these quests.

I am hoping that this would satisfy everyone, those that like the extra coins and shards and those of us who would prefer an HOS Item. Thank you.

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

I agree totally. Thanks for putting this so clearly and succinctly.

Go to: