silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,303 Posts

Re:we few, we happy few, we band of DQ'ers

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 11, 17 10:14 AM
sewfancy,

Please continue to post your numbers. Seeing numbers that high gives us all hope that it can and will be done. Keep up the good work.

Some will post numbers at the end of each month.

I post my numbers around the 21st of each month since I started working on the DQ achievement May 21, '17. So that date marks my monthly progress.

GulfCoastGuppy
Catfish
Catfish
1,627 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Aug 11, 17 10:51 AM
TiramaSue wrote:
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:Neither my Castle nor forum would load last night so started an almost finished with Special Interest this morning. Airship inventory is building slowly, and well balanced so I like that.

TiramaSue, did you keep ZZ items for ALL areas? Or just DQ ZZs? or just the Castle area? I was going to shard all other ZZ items (besides the Castle) down to 6 to have on hand for Trina. At least until I have the Magic Miser Achievement.

I kept for all areas. I felt I needed them for Trina (lately she's obsessed with ZZ's) and for Castle Challenges.

Thanks for the info. I like seeing different strategies each person uses. It gives me an overall picture of their game play. I know I use Blue Key quests for Trina more than some. After revamping some BK quests, I still have some "floaters" that keep me inspired to keep going during recharge time. Makes the rounds seem to go faster.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,250 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 11, 17 11:13 AM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:

Thanks for the info. I like seeing different strategies each person uses. It gives me an overall picture of their game play. I know I use Blue Key quests for Trina more than some. After revamping some BK quests, I still have some "floaters" that keep me inspired to keep going during recharge time. Makes the rounds seem to go faster.

Trina was my main reason for the clean out. After several days of opening 60 to 100 ZZ's, I honestly couldn't determine whether I could keep that pace up for any length of time. Getting rid of all the things that couldn't be used for Trina allowed me to see how much useable inventory I had. Getting shards to finish up Magic Miser was a bonus.

If I didn't have my characters squatting on quests to provide me with the basic necessities for the DQ's, I'd do more blue key quests. I enjoyed jumping around in the game, rather than doing the rounds, and I really don't NEED the items that they ask for. Of course, I don't NEED those blue keys either, but they sit at the back of my inventory, out of the way.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,250 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 11, 17 12:06 PM
TiramaSue wrote:Nearly made a big mistake. Got a 216 wheel airship and ALMOST packed it before I remembered that Inspiration needs 220 wheels. Looking like I won't complete and DQ's today.

And now I did just make a somewhat big mistake.

Game #1 got a good airship, so I used diamonds to get through the first 4 parts. Used the Go To button to get to the airship, and then realized that a 234 wheel ships is NOT a good ship for Helping Hand.

At least I went to the airship first. I might have opened the Column of the Fallen twice!

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,303 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 11, 17 12:17 PM
TiramaSue wrote:

Game #1 got a good airship, so I used diamonds to get through the first 4 parts. Used the Go To button to get to the airship, and then realized that a 234 wheel ships is NOT a good ship for Helping Hand.

At least I went to the airship first. I might have opened the Column of the Fallen twice!

I'll say. Good thing you realized it before starting to pack it. Whew. You still have time to get a good one before end of day.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,250 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 11, 17 12:26 PM
silver_hawk wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:

I'll say. Good thing you realized it before starting to pack it. Whew. You still have time to get a good one before end of day.

I've decided to hold on to it and hope I can use it when midnight GMT rolls around.

BAPPLE
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Aug 11, 17 3:09 PM
Completed 3 DQ's today

Robbery of the Century (two days in a row) ten part gold
Rare Editions ten part rusty
Special Interest three part gold.

Didn't start Inspiration ( only one roll of dice and airship waiting 207/220).

Cute_Moni
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Aug 11, 17 3:37 PM
Hi all,
Just wondering - is this a thread just for you guys who already know each other, or can a newbie join in too?
(I am currently working toward my DQ achievements)
Moni

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,250 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 11, 17 3:41 PM
Cute_Moni wrote:Hi all,
Just wondering - is this a thread just for you guys who already know each other, or can a newbie join in too?
Moni

It's a thread for anybody working on the DQ achievements to share advice, tips, tales of woe, keep track of their progress, and offer encouragement to like-minded individuals.

The more, the merrier.

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,303 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 11, 17 3:44 PM
Cute_Moni wrote:Hi all,
Moni

Anyone and everyone who wants to join is welcome. Welcome to the DQ club Cute_Moni.

We only have 1 rule. Stay positive. No Debbie downers. The point of the thread is to try and encourage each other and share our progress. It doesn't matter if your just getting started or have done hundreds, your still encouraged to share.

edited to add:
Jinx - looks like TiramaSue and I posted at about the same time. Great minds think alike .

Edited on 08/11/2017 at 3:45:14 PM PST

HennyMarie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,091 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Aug 11, 17 4:12 PM
Guess I am NOT getting helping hand tomorrow.. have a 240 wheel ship hanging
Will let you know.

Seems I play later than most of you.. I sleep at gameday change and play at the end of first gifting periode.. beginning of second.. but mostly during last gifting periode

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,303 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 11, 17 4:34 PM
HennyMarie wrote:Guess I am NOT getting helping hand tomorrow.. have a 240 wheel ship hanging
Will let you know.

Seems I play later than most of you.. I sleep at gameday change and play at the end of first gifting periode.. beginning of second.. but mostly during last gifting periode

You sure do get Helping Hand a lot. I'm pretty lucky my DQ's are randomized pretty well. I get a few repeats in the same day but usually open the new day with a different DQ than the day before.

For a while TiramaSue was getting Rare Editions at GMT every day. If you're going to have the same one start the day every day Rare Editions is perfect .

We are all in different time zones. My time zone is CDT. I get to play 4 to 5 hours before going to bed. For some 10 part DQ's (like New Knowledge) it's perfect. Send the airship before bed and the morning it's back and ready to send for the next part requiring one. Saves at least 4 diamonds calling it back.

What time zone are you in?

Cute_Moni
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Aug 11, 17 4:53 PM
Okey dokey then - thanks, I am joining in!

Greetings to all! My shout

Very interesting thread - up to now I have been doing all quests that come up, and sending the next available airship/s. You guys have made me see that I can be selective. I'm sure I will learn more as I go - for example, how many different quests are there? and how do you know when to send an airship? Sometimes I have had to send two to finish a task - hmmm, guess that was a bit wasteful...oh well, live & learn.

But my biggest tale of woe - which makes me laugh so much now - was until the forum advised me, I didn't even realise there were daily quests! Just thought it was a continuous string of tasks, sometimes randomly resulting in chests!! Now that was a huge waste of unfinished daily quests!! hehehe head slap!

So my stats now are:
3 part - 302
5 part - 251
10 part - 165
shards - 77,817

Thanks for letting me join in and good luck to all fellow DQ'ers!

Moni

PS Sewfancy - are you a friend of mine? I have last sent you a torch, following your gift of an airship item?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,250 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 11, 17 5:02 PM
Cute_Moni wrote: (did a bit of snipping)

Very interesting thread - up to now I have been doing all quests that come up, and sending the next available airship/s. You guys have made me see that I can be selective. I'm sure I will learn more as I go - for example, how many different quests are there? and how do you know when to send an airship? Sometimes I have had to send two to finish a task - hmmm, guess that was a bit wasteful...oh well, live & learn.

So my stats now are:
3 part - 302
5 part - 251
10 part - 165
shards - 77,817

Here's a link to a thread listing all the DQ's. There's 24 of them. When you get a new one, find it on the list and you can see what you will to do and be able to plan. But from you stats, I'd say your brute force method (it's here, I'll do it) has been working just fine.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/652841.page

silver_hawk and I have 2 games, but we only have the same 24 hours in our days as people with 1 game, so we HAVE to play as efficiently as we can. Or take many years to finish.

The best way to play is the way that makes you happy.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,250 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 11, 17 5:13 PM
Castle Date: Aug 12

Game #1
What's Going On
Legendary Scroll
Knowledge Hunter (pass)

Game #2
Gnome Spy
Birth of Goo
Helpful Device (pass)

shard countdown - 0 Magic Miser is completed.

=================
Just made a huge mistake. Opened up Gnome Spy, glanced at the first part quickly, and sent out an airship! I could swear it said to do that! Really!

Edited on 08/12/2017 at 2:07:01 PM PST

GulfCoastGuppy
Catfish
Catfish
1,627 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Aug 11, 17 5:18 PM
Welcome Moni! "Saw" you in the 10 mil coin thread and was hoping you'd join us

HennyMarie, I am in the same time zone as TiramaSue, EST, which I also think is perfect. New day starts at 8 pm so that's 3 hours I can dedicate while watching prime time tv. I can then play with morning coffee, having a new dice table and a new airship waiting.

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,303 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 11, 17 5:25 PM
Castle Date Aug 12

Game 1:
Ancient Picture
Rare Editions
New Knowledge (pass)

Game 2:
Strange Papers
Rare Editions
Helping Hand (pass)

Will be out of the house most of the day and won't be able to work on or complete Helping Hand. Same with New Knowledge though I'd probably skip it anyway.

Haven't done any HOS (other than DQ's) so my pink box count is still the same at 837.

Edited on 08/11/2017 at 8:09:23 PM PST

GulfCoastGuppy
Catfish
Catfish
1,627 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Aug 11, 17 5:45 PM
TSue, PLEASE tell us that airship at least benefited Trina?!

Inspiration and Experiment done but now Three Days, so I'm done until tomorrow new day. Luckily Trina wants her 20 ZZ/50 HOS . I guess I'll be doing her bidding until she wants steering wheels.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,250 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 11, 17 5:50 PM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:TSue, PLEASE tell us that airship at least benefited Trina?!

Inspiration and Experiment done but now Three Days, so I'm done until tomorrow new day. Luckily Trina wants her 20 ZZ/50 HOS . I guess I'll be doing her bidding until she wants steering wheels.

Yes, it did. Now she wants HOS. Me, I want a

sewfancy
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by sewfancy on Aug 11, 17 6:32 PM
Yes cute moni we're.?

Good. Luck

I got special delivery time so I'm pass this DQ. Have a low supply of airships and pet food afterwards high numbers getting DQ done last couples of days.

Irish jug for everyone else in getting ahead

Sewfancy

P.S. I live in CT zone (USA) 3 to 5 hours before I go to bed

Go to: