HOPE FOR SYBERIA 3

kickerman
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

HOPE FOR SYBERIA 3

[Post New]by kickerman on Jan 23, 10 10:13 AM
I just finished the game. I think it was one of the best I ever played.
I recommend it to all the rest of the gang.
I hope to see Syberia 3 in the near future.
Good luck to all ,
Kickerman

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:HOPE FOR SYBERIA 3

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 23, 10 10:39 AM
The release date is June this year.
The original announcement was by Microids on 1st April last year and no-one believed them.

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Jan 23, 10 10:44 AM
And I hope for a good walkthrough

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jan 23, 10 10:48 AM
.....waiting for June...

dixielady627g
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,216 Posts

[Post New]by dixielady627g on Jan 23, 10 11:32 AM
Tell me about it! I've been waiting (im)patiently since August!

Any changes anyone would like to see? Or additions (or lack thereof)?

I want Kate to have some new clothes! And I want to keep Youki, too. He's so cute!

On a more serious note, I hope there won't be any timed or combat scenes. I hate the pressure I get from timed puzzles.

Edited on 01/23/2010 at 11:34:51 AM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 23, 10 11:38 AM
I hope Kate gets some new clothes too, Maybe she will find some in the deserted village, but it seems that everyone she meets is about a foot shorter than she is. I hope she can sew.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 23, 10 11:38 AM
Can't wait either - beautiful games!

karen888
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by karen888 on Feb 7, 10 7:03 AM
I've been told that Benoit Sokal will not do Syberia III. It will be released by Microiids..but not with Sokals' input....... I can't imagine Syberia without Sokal....

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 7, 10 7:45 AM
Neither can I!

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Feb 7, 10 7:53 AM
karen888 wrote:I've been told that Benoit Sokal will not do Syberia III. It will be released by Microiids..but not with Sokals' input....... I can't imagine Syberia without Sokal....

That would be a HUGE mistake. He is Syberia. The artwork, the movement, all of it his. I fear for the graphics!!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 7, 10 8:14 AM
karen888 wrote:I've been told that Benoit Sokal will not do Syberia III. It will be released by Microiids..but not with Sokals' input....... I can't imagine Syberia without Sokal....

Where did you hear this?

When Emmanuel Olivier, the President of Microïds, announced the creation of Syberia III, his article said that Benoît Sokal, the author of Syberia and Syberia 2, would participate in the sequel.

Has there been new information released by Microids?

Edited on 02/07/2010 at 8:15:59 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 7, 10 8:43 AM
There hasn't been a press release since 17th April last year.

Benoît Sokal, the author of Syberia and Syberia 2, has mentioned several times in the press that he would only participate in a sequel to his masterpiece if he had enough financial means to design and develop an exceptional title. Today Microïds is ready to invest in this ambitious production. But everyone knows that to amortize the development costs of a major video game with that level of quality, it is essential to develop it for multiple platforms, PC and consoles.

Nothing there about Syberia III without Benoit.

Having done some more digging, karen888 may be right.

Mais si en plus Benoît Sokal ne fait pas partie de l'aventure, ce n'est vraiment pas bon signe.

But if you add Benoît Sokal isn't taking part in this adventure, it's not really a good sign.

That comment from a Syberia forum was dated August last year.

Edited on 02/09/2010 at 9:37:57 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 7, 10 9:43 AM
Totally agree. Loved it.

karen888
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by karen888 on Feb 7, 10 9:58 AM
Being a huge Binoit Sokal fan, I asked some people who were associated with '
White Birds Productions' Sokals production company.... This person said that Sokal was done with Syberia, but perhaps Kate Walker might live again...... Microids, however is going ahead with Syberia III without Sokals input...but who knows? Maybe is they pay Sokal enough he'll join in..... I can't imagine Syberia without his art work, his writing, his genius...

dixielady627g
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,216 Posts

[Post New]by dixielady627g on Feb 9, 10 8:11 AM
Well, this is quite distressing! Syberia III would've been a definate buy for me before, but I'll have to take a careful look if B. Sokal isn't involved. Yes, I'm that finicky.

Thanks for the info, all. Good digging!

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Feb 22, 10 7:51 AM
oooh I can't wait for syberia 3! well who knows, maybe the loss of sokal isn't a bad thing. it might give the chance for the producers to put fresh input and ideas into it. Syberia 2 was okaaaaay, but I definately felt it was missing something and lacked the excitement of the first. I felt a little detached from it and I found the puzzles were ridiculously hard. I had to consult a walkthrough several times because I got stuck so often! I hate doing that as it spoils the game for me, I didn't have to do that at all in the syberia 1!
anyway, fingers crossed syberia 3 is a little more interesting.

sophish48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by sophish48 on Mar 6, 10 5:41 AM
Oh, I hope that if Sokal isn't doing it that the third is as good as the first 2. I've avoided large file games til now but these? OMG! Amazing...I was entranced from the word go....huge fan now. Does anyone recommend any others of this calibre? If so, please let me know!

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Mar 6, 10 5:55 AM
Can't wait for #3! But was doing some research on this and found this about it.

Syberia 3, the new episode in the adventures of Kate Walker, actually allows those playing on PC and those playing on PS3 to collaborate online, thanks to a simultaneous data exchange and sharing mode on the two platforms. Syberia 3 will therefore see teams of players being formed so as to optimize their chances of reaching the end of the adventure by pooling the abilities of each of the participants. Only PS3 players who have collaborated with PC players, and vice versa, will be able to accompany Kate to the end of the adventure.

I really hope we can play this in full as a single player.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 6, 10 7:22 AM
Syberia 3, the new episode in the adventures of Kate Walker, actually allows those playing on PC and those playing on PS3 to collaborate online, thanks to a simultaneous data exchange and sharing mode on the two platforms

You didn't finish your research.

April fool.

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Mar 8, 10 7:37 PM
Aaargh. Got a 403 (access permission denied) when I went over to Microids a little while ago. Hope that only means they are updating the web site or effecting server repairs.

Anyway, don't worry about Benoit Sokal's involvement. Microids puts out other games that are the graphic equal. So long as they continue the storyline and game play, all should be just fine.

June? Yeah, I read that too; however, I'm going to lean on the side of caution. What they are attempting with the interface may require prolonged debugging.

S-III will get here when it gets here. I'd rather they take their time and get it right than that they rush to market with bugs, 'cause I dearly love the game and don't want to wake my neighbors with blood-curdling screams of frustration.

Go to: