LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Reasoning Behind Door Knocker Solution

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Jan 23, 10 1:32 PM
Hi, Just played this for the second time and once again I was stumped by the door knocker game. I "cheated" and got the answer from the walk through again after I had read the in game help (only game this time I still needed help on--Go ME!). I understand "all the information I need is right there" but I do not understand how the solution is arrived at. Can anyone shed light on this?

Thank you
Blessings,
LucyMarie

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

Re:Reasoning Behind Door Knocker Solution

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Jan 24, 10 12:50 PM
I thought this puzzle was one of the easier ones, but I guess it must be because I always think backwards. The numbers on the plaque are the numbers of the knockers from left to right. (As opposed to them being 12345 left to right, they are 51342.) Just pull them in order from 1 to 5.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Jan 24, 10 7:44 PM
I wondered about that.

It wasn't anything I considered "normal" and I was just randomly pulling them and talking to somebody when it worked and I had no idea how I got through the door.

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Jan 25, 10 1:41 PM
THANK YOU!!! Big hugs to you lil_chickadee cause that was bugging me! Now, I can sleep easier.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

lauramarie8
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lauramarie8 on Jan 28, 10 8:55 PM
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
This has been driving me nuts! I too accidentally got throught the first time I played by accident! Why can't I think backwards too!!!!!! haha! Now I understand!
Laura

Blue_Phoenix
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_Phoenix on Mar 12, 10 10:55 PM
Crikey! Thank you! Been playing this game since it came out, several times a day so I know every nuance, except the door knocker. During the first couple times ever played, I did a trial and error to get the door knocker game solved and noted the order. It's etched in my memory but I still never understood the madness behind the order. I just finished playing for the Nth time right now and decided "hey, Im going over to BF to see if anyone knows the madness method about this puzzle." And here I find the topic with logical and to the point answer! Good on yas!

Thank you! Feel a bit of a fool I couldnt figure that one out since Im usually very savvy when it comes to puzzle things.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 14, 10 3:45 PM
whew. I felt so STUPID not being able to do that one. Hit the dreaded skip button and then felt really angry at myself lol

Thanks for the explanation. I'm so glad this thread is here.

Loving the game!! Going to play some more now....

Go to: