Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Expedition: Midgard's End Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 2, 16 12:42 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/02/2016 at 6:38:56 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:A Great Edition to this Series!!

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 2, 16 3:23 AM
I think this is a great Series. Not all of the games are the best...but this is a great one to add to my library of games.

I really appreciate the quality of voice overs and animated lip sync. The story lines in this Series are always good...but I'm really liking this even more. It has the usual the bells and whistles and extra's for those that are looking for them. You have to search every nook and cranny.

I highly recommend this beauty of a game. At the very least...it's worth your time to check out the free demo.

Enjoy,
Lisa

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

“These are my acronyms & rating system…for Hogs, I Hogs, frogs & Adventure games:

“DIVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and story line. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot.

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Expedition: Midgard's End Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 2, 16 6:39 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Hidden Expedition: Midgard's End Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Hidden Expedition: Midgard's End Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Expedition: Midgard's End Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 2, 16 7:43 PM
Hi all! Wow, this will be #10 in this series! I only have 7 so far, but that will change shortly. I usually only review on the game play and not the story line, as others do a much better job on that than I. The graphics are excellent, very clear and clean. Colors are very nice, although a bit muted in some areas. Still, not enough to spoil the game or scenery. Game play was quite good, with no problems during the demo and the scenes fit my large screen completely. The voice overs, although not a lot, are well done and are age and character appropriate. Music was nice and moved with whatever was happening at the time, adding a little suspense now and then. Sound FX are well done and are throughout the game, so there are no "dead silent" areas that I found.

HOPs are a very nice combination of find the highlighted word; interactive lists and straight lists. The scenes are quite clear and items are not difficult to find. I did not see that you could switch to something else if you didn't care for the HOP, but there is such a nice combo that I doubt you would want to. Puzzles were very interesting and somewhat different. They do take a little time and thought, but are not all that difficult. Still, there is some challenge...yay, and they can be a little frustrating! I do like the addition of the "undo" button on the puzzles. This is a nice change from needing to completely start over if you make a wrong move. Of course, you can still do that if you want. SG is the same as all other games. You do transport to longer locations, which is a good thing, as you are constantly on the move. This was not frustrating or boring for me, as there is a lot of action in this game to keep you interested in what you are doing. I did notice that on some items, you have to be precise in our placement of the item in order for it to "fit" and activate or become useful. Don't give up too quickly if it doesn't work the first time, e.g. placing wrench directly on the connector on the bike to remove the hose. There are others as well.

A number of collectibles: 15 morphing items in HOPs, which are easy to miss. Keep a eye out. There are 43 hidden signs that look more like an alien than a hammer. These are well blended into areas and can be different colors. This is a challenge. We also have 20 fact cards that give us information on areas and things within the game. Interesting, but...

I really like this series and this game is no exception. As I said, there is a lot of action to keep you interested, there is challenge, and the story is a little different than most and very well done. I think all levels of players will find this one interesting and fun and yes, I am going to add it to my collection (and now I have 8). I do not give 5 stars easily, a game has to be exceptional to get them. This one was close, but not quite...I gave it a 4.75.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tasted in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

the plot

[Post New]by kandinsky on Jun 3, 16 8:26 PM
this is an edit of a post in which I wondered if the plot
had any twists to it and felt that the story had been given less
attention than the visuals and detail working of the rest of
the game.
as I approach the end of the game I see that there is a plot
twist.
of course it is not beyond expecting (I do wish for story lines that
truly break new ground, and I do not see why a saving the world
scenario is necessary to deal with viking materials)
but it is good it is there
and it is introduced with skill, so I will shut up and finish the
game.

if you have time for these games, it is always a question for me
whether I SHOULD make so much time for them or not ,
this is a pretty good one.

Edited on 06/04/2016 at 5:32:17 AM PST

Zork1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Zork1 on Jun 5, 16 10:07 AM
I love the game, buy I can't get the safe open. What am I doing wrong?`

Zork1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Zork1 on Jun 5, 16 11:15 AM
Nevermind - I turn the effects sound on and opened the safe in no time. Strange, but easy!

sadies_dad
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Demo time problem

[Post New]by sadies_dad on Jun 8, 16 9:04 AM
The demo game quits with 26 minutes left to play.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Demo time problem

[Post New]by Howatch on Jun 16, 16 11:53 AM
sadies_dad wrote:The demo game quits with 26 minutes left to play.

The demo ends at a certain point - it just means that you were allotted another 26 minutes to finish it, if you hadn't already.

subcaptain
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by subcaptain on Jun 17, 16 6:28 PM
Throughly enjoyed this game. As with the other HEs this was done perfectly. Great graphics, fluid gaming, and of course those morphs made it fun. Keep'em coming BFG!

azrt
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by azrt on Jun 21, 16 6:03 PM
Not my favorite game in the series. I was able to play through (at least the main game) so far without the glitches that some of the others had mentioned. I did have the computer freeze up and had to reboot at one point during play but guess can't be sure that was due to the game. I enjoy the fact cards especially since most of these were myths- 1/2 blind Nordic Gods, Giants, global warming

Edited on 06/21/2016 at 7:03:20 PM PST

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jul 24, 16 4:04 PM
I enjoyed this latest Hidden Expedition game and own all but one of the series
The well written positive reviews written by my fellow Fishies give good descriptions of it. It is a well put together game and it will suffice to say the developers worked hard on it. I appreciate that I can look down on the inventory tray area and know if I have found a collectible and/or a morph as a lot of us don't get to play without interruption and it's so easy to forget where we left off when called away from our game

All in all I am giving it a & 1/2 out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Oct 29, 16 12:57 PM
I own all of these, got everything but never could find any of the collectables.

Go to: