Rasputin's Curse

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Rasputin's Curse

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 24, 10 12:05 AM
Help Lora unravel the secrets of her family’s history in Rasputin’s Curse, a mind-bending Hidden Object game! When Lora and Mark’s marriage reaches a breaking point, she sets out on a journey to St. Petersburg, Russia, a city that has mysteriously fascinated her throughout her life. Not only will her trip to St. Petersburg, the birthplace of her great-grandmother, give her the opportunity to research her heritage, it will also give her a much-needed break from things at home!

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:Rasputin's Curse

[Post New]by bbelle on Jan 24, 10 6:12 AM
Hey Flounder,

Put this game where people know where to download it from. I only saw it in forums and got it downloaded from there.

bbelle

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Jan 24, 10 6:29 AM
Same here, been playing it this morning.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jan 24, 10 7:44 AM
Hey nyke,

Do you think we're the only two to see it? Seems interesting so far.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 24, 10 7:55 AM
Nah, bbelle, I also posted about this game in the KPIC broadcast and two fish downloaded it, so we are 4 already. *lol*

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jan 24, 10 7:59 AM
Maybe we'll see more gamers getting it. I say 4 is better than none.

What is KPIC? I'm not up to these letters for words yet.

Edited on 01/24/2010 at 8:00:27 AM PST

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 24, 10 8:07 AM
Bbelle, KPIC is the Pond's radio station here in the forums. I just wrapped up the Early Show a few seconds ago.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 24, 10 8:13 AM
I have demoed this game and its interesting, but not enough for buying. But I have enjoyed my trial time.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Jan 24, 10 8:40 AM
Looks so far like a very straight HOG so I doubt I'll be buying but it was one I was waiting for and I hate that soft releases like this are so hard to find.

If I'm up at midnight I wait and watch the forum to see if anything other than TGT gets posted but there should be a spot for them on the home page.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 24, 10 9:55 AM
Bad start already: The intro is voice only and at least for me hard to understand (I'm German). Later there is written text, but both the explanations and the journal and the listings have a font that isn't easy to read either (combination of upper- and lower-case letters, so to speak).
Nice things are: Hints show the item in the list and w/ sparkles on the screen, sparkles stay long enough to find item, hints reloading fast. No penalty for clicking around. Tutorials can be disabled in Options or Reset (whatever that means).
Polite game, saying "Please Wait" all the time

Straight HOG - OK, I've opened 2 cupboards/closets in the demo time (didn't play the full hour).

But: Despite the more or less clear graphics I had difficulties finding the items. A few due to identical or blending in colours (white on white). The items you find vanish then immediately from the list - so with the longer lists at the start I had sometimes no idea what I had found <g>.
The 2nd locale is a doctor's room, which we search through 4 times or so. Be warned: syringes and such. And I didn't like the 'story' there either (when Mom gives her son the 2nd lollipop from the doctor in his absence).

Not a game for me, it makes me too impatient that it's over.

Edited on 01/24/2010 at 9:58:38 AM PST

SqueakyP
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by SqueakyP on Jan 25, 10 7:35 AM
Didn't much care for the trial. Straight HOG with minigames that aren't challenging. I love this genre and I hardly play the majority of them for the intricate story lines, lol, but the story here was so contrived and with so MANY inconsistencies (husband insisted on the trip and moments later in a cut scene says "why can't we stay home? Why do we have to go away?) and impossibilities (gee, there's absolutely no one in the hotel lobby, let me find the keys to the safe and just help myself to the room key) in just the short hour that it was driving me crazy. I'm usually not a stickler but the contradictions began immediately and just got worse- towards the end of the hour I just kept clicking "skip." It's obvious the creators of this game really didn't care much about the story and its flow. I'll wait on this one - if it ever is offered at a deep discount I'll consider it.

Aside from that gripe, the graphics were very nice- the scenes are beautifully rendered. I would have liked a bit more challenge in the minigames and the option to change the cursor from their default decorative one. Hint system recharges fairly quickly.

karenplop
Catfish
Catfish
1,609 Posts

[Post New]by karenplop on Jan 25, 10 9:09 AM
I really would love to play this game and see for myself if it's for me. But, alas, the game runs choppy and freezes at the beginning so I am having some problems. Anyone else having this problem?

stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Jan 25, 10 11:06 AM
_DD_ wrote:Bad start already: The intro is voice only and at least for me hard to understand

Same here i've to re-start it 2 times for understand what he was say.
I like this game, it's good graphic, nice story and cool hog scene. but i think minigames in this game are too easy. i've play for 30 minutes and i'm at Artillery Museum i like the story and wanna know how will end. i'll finish my demo and decide if put it on my to buy list ( Monthly Punch Card already fill up for this month) or on my maybe list.
it's a good 3 game for me since now.

[Post New]by Seelybrook on Jan 25, 10 12:24 PM
I enjoyed the trial so bought it. I am so sorry that I did that. The story was very contrived and frequently was strange. Some of the hidden objects were hard to find as is usual in most hidden object games. I enjoyed most of the mini games but boy did I hate the conclusion to this story. They must have another sequel in the works so didn't really bother to tie up any of the ends of this story. I can not in any way recommend this game, total waste of money and I finished so quickly I couldn't believe when it said fini.

pavlovscat
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,478 Posts

[Post New]by pavlovscat on Jan 25, 10 1:27 PM
I'm thinking that this game didn't get enough beta testing before release. When I opened it, it was the easiest HOG ever. The background was gray & all the objects were in bright color. I didn't even need to use the list. LOL

It looked interesting, so I'd be willing to try again if they release a fixed version.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jan 25, 10 1:29 PM
Just found the game by::::mistake , loading now, But I have been having alot of issues w/ freezing . games from BF...really sorry to say that, but I have !.so I will try to see if there is a reason why this game seemed to be hidding ?...

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jan 25, 10 2:06 PM
Well they should of locked it up & thrown away the key , even though I did not have a tech,issue , it was just BAD..will trash the other 45min..Sorry Charlie

[Post New]by Chazdan on Jan 25, 10 4:23 PM
Played the demo thought it looked ok so bought the game.
Bad idea. I feel as if i have wasted my money as the demo lasted longer than
the full game. Story was poor and a silly ending
Chazdan ( Jackie)

GirlPink
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by GirlPink on Jan 25, 10 6:22 PM
Lots of freezing, lots of choppiness, the backgrounds are all grey and only the ****'s are in bright colour. If indeed there is something wrong with my graphics card then why do all the other games I have (100 or so) all play properly?

GirlPink
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by GirlPink on Jan 25, 10 6:25 PM
Why does my last post look like I swore? I abbreviated Hidden Objects to 'capital h capital o apostrophe s' then when I posted my capital letters became asterixes, no swearing from me I promise!

Go to: