cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Reviews and comments. Length?

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 24, 10 1:32 PM
Just finished 4th Realm. It doesn't seem to have a very smooth flow. Except to find an item, the hint gives no real guidance. I guess if it gives you that standard reply, it means go to another scene. Simple minded puzzles but convaluted play methods. Does that make any sence to others?) Very pretty and nice music but a game really needs more. It also looks like it might be short, let me know. I hope not, can't raid budget for anything else right now. Is it just me or do most of the Hogs (Not that this is really a hog, not enough to find) we've been getting lately seem really short? Except for that terrible Detective stories Stories Hollywood, that I probebly won't be able to finish because it makes my arm hurt for days. Tierd of feeling ripped off. Seems like the only games with any length anymore are adventures, puzzles and match threes. have to reload and replay my old games for anything with length.
Anyway, like I said, I haven't got beyond realm 4 yet. Maybe there's still hope if it's not too short.

Edited on 01/26/2010 at 5:10:00 PM PST

tjanetv
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

Re:Reviews and comments. Length?

[Post New]by tjanetv on Jan 24, 10 3:25 PM
There are 20 levels and took me about 2 hrs to complete. But I still like the game. But I did beta test and knew the first 8 levels.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 24, 10 4:06 PM
Just finished the 14th realm. I would have loved this game if it had been longer and more sofistcated. Great for a newbie but kind of lacking for 6.99. I think I'll try and drag it out more and altrnate, game and housework, so at least it seems longer. Like I said above, the games we're being offered lately, even the good ones like Poe"s Rue Morgue are so....... short and geared toward beginners. Well, I can always hope for a good daily double for tomorrow. Bye fishies.

Edited on 01/24/2010 at 8:04:23 PM PST

rumtmtiger
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by rumtmtiger on Jan 24, 10 6:24 PM
Way too easy and short. I'll pass.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Jan 25, 10 6:42 AM
I agree, this game is for beginners and way too short. I'll pass on this one.

tv9725
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tv9725 on Jan 25, 10 8:21 AM
for me the shortness of the game was a factor but its also kinda like the mortimer beckett games. they arent real long either but still fun to play
guess it depends on what your looking for

greymer
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by greymer on Jan 25, 10 9:34 AM
The graphics quality and general construction of the game were extremely poor. Gameplay itself was uninteresting and unimaginative. The low quality of this game seems a surprise to find among the many fine games at BFG. This one doesnt even rate a single star in my book.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jan 26, 10 3:00 AM
I quess opinions differ. I think this is one of the best games I have played. I like this type of game.

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Jan 26, 10 4:38 AM
For me the jury is still out. I am playing the demo and am enjoying it so far. But if the game is short, that's a deal killer. I hate buying a game and only getting an hour of two for play time. It makes me feel ripped off.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Jan 26, 10 4:58 PM
Boring, boring, boring...dumped it after 10 minutes. The endless back and forth is pointless.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jan 26, 10 5:11 PM
Hi folks,

I went ahead and stickied this thread so that it'll be easy to find for those looking for more info on this game.

Just as a tip, a good thing to keep spoilers in mind - if you're posting something that might possibly spoil part of the storyline or the solution to a puzzle, it's always a good idea to put a big ol' spoiler tag at the top to warn other users.

Also, thanks to cll1950 for getting this thread started!

Thanks!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Edited on 01/26/2010 at 5:11:19 PM PST

[Post New]by miladylouise on Jan 26, 10 5:55 PM
I bought the game and was disappointed when it kept closing out after each thing was found in the first level, finally found that if after finding each thing I saved and opened again...it would play a little longer...but once I couldn't get the last clue to function at all ..said that's it and took it off my pc....sorry to say the game looked like it would have been fun if not for all the glitches... shame is I wasted one of my free games on it... live and learn I guess..

kroozkitty
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,144 Posts

[Post New]by kroozkitty on Jan 26, 10 6:39 PM
Just finished the free trial - not very challenging, same thing each level. It was a bit too easy, don't think I will buy it. Not a bad game, just not great.

kroozkitty

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Jan 26, 10 7:23 PM
Liked the game but after the hour demo I was on level 11 which means it may only take me another hour to finish. It was getting to be boring, getting the same exact scenes in each level. Picking up little pieces, putting out fires was redundant. But I loved the mini games in it. If they added better scenes and made different tasks to accomplish in scenes it would be better.

[Post New]by coopsmom11 on Jan 26, 10 7:31 PM
didn't love this game....way too easy and way too short. don't waste your money on this one. it's very repetetive....same scenes except at the end.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Jan 27, 10 7:03 AM
Thought i would give it a try but found it slow and as others have pointed out how short it is i will not be buying.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jan 27, 10 6:40 PM
Simply put, in this adventure game, you navigate back and forth between 3 rooms (over and over again!) to get everything done, then move on to new set of 3 rooms to go back and forth in.

It got predictable pretty quickly. "Oh, there is only one (or two) items left, time to scoot off to another room so that I can get the item I need to finish this area." Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...

Got to 10th Realm in demo without a problem - that's 30 rooms in one hour. Even though it's not terribly hard, and the formula predictable, I still enjoyed the game. I won't be buying it any time soon, but I'd like to play it again at some point.

[Post New]by crazymommax03 on Jan 28, 10 1:50 PM
This game was awful!! I like a challenge and definately DID NOT get that from this game!! It took me about an hour an a half to finish!!! You didn't even really have to look for the items!! I give this one a big 'ol thumbs down!!!

[Post New]by absolutrebel on Jan 29, 10 1:21 PM
Liked the demo, bought it and now I feel cheated !!! WAYYYYtoo short,,.. completed it in less than 2 hours ! No walkthrough needed for this it's very, very simple.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jan 29, 10 3:39 PM
This game is just too easy and too short for me to bother buying.

I got to the tenth chapter in the hour and that was including some technical problems to start off with, thus resulting in me having to window the game rather then play full screen.

The puzzles were far too easy and the pieces tended to stand out on the screen.

My mind was practically playing on autopilot.

Nice idea but I think it should of been worked on a little more before been released to us, the most critical gamers in the land.

Shame, this was one of the ones I had hopes for.

Go to: