Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: Curse of the Swamps Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 4, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/04/2016 at 8:17:48 AM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by nabeelsnei on Jun 4, 16 12:54 AM

Edited on 06/04/2016 at 8:17:05 AM PST

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: Curse of the Swamps Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ElderJen on Jun 4, 16 2:56 AM
Can't play it... screen goes black. Sound only.

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: Curse of the Swamps Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by 0161 on Jun 4, 16 3:10 AM
ElderJen wrote:Can't play it... screen goes black. Sound only.

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game? It helps other fishes a lot if we know what you are using, for example I'm using a pc running windows 8.

Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by 41273 on Jun 4, 16 5:21 AM
Running Windows 10 on a laptop. This looks like a good game except for the fact that it is very "buggy". It kept crashing and when I finally gave up, I found my desktop to appear in miniature. After rebooting my desktop was still messed up. Hopefully there will be a fix.

Edited on 06/04/2016 at 5:21:45 AM PST

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Jun 4, 16 8:15 AM
I have downloaded and redownloaded and am having a problem with game shutting down and when I tried to make another profile the screen would not let my cursor point to correct feature.
I am playing on a laptop windows 10

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jun 4, 16 8:17 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Jun 4, 16 12:31 PM
Cursor does not work every time I go to inventory it takes me out of game and when you use it to go somewhere it takes you somewhere else, like going to inventory it gives you a hint????????????

teaset3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by teaset3 on Jun 4, 16 1:30 PM
When I was on the airship area, I had received the crab claw clasp and used them but then I lost my curser completely and could not play the hop. I tried going out of the game and back into the game and my curser was back, but I had lost the crab claw clasp with not way to get them again.

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Jun 4, 16 1:50 PM
Too many tech issues with the cursor, Uninstalled, re-installed, clicked on options to use system cursor or no system cursor, The problem is on the game developers end, so I will get my money back on this game as well as a couple others that I've had to get money back on , and they have never been fixed either. Try not to put these games out until they have been error free.
using windows 8

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jun 4, 16 2:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about these issues that people have been seeing in the game. Our teams definitely want people to be able to enjoy their games without experiencing technical problems, and they test all of our games on a variety of hardware and software platforms before release. However, due to the vast number of options available for computer configurations, unforeseen issues may sometimes come up, and we appreciate everyone who's taken the time to report these here. The Forum Moderation Team works to pass along posts such as these, and I'll definitely make sure to send these reports to the appropriate team.

In the meantime, I suggest taking a look at our help articles to work on addressing these problems. They contain steps that can be applied to a variety of situations, and are a quick way to work out glitches in the game. I've gone ahead and included a couple below that can help with cursor problems such as these:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If anyone is seeing a persisting issue, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps have the tools needed to gather information on and report problems, and are always happy to help. Additionally, they can even provide replacements or refunds if needed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by hazelwize16 on Jun 4, 16 4:14 PM
CURSOR will not let me play the game AT ALL ... every time i click the game it goes out of the game ... Windows 8.1 ... mouse or tablet ... doesn't matter ... can't play or buy a game that doesn't work ... just so ya know ... will look for an update that hopefully fixes this problem ... i hate to point out that i RARELY have this issues with EIPIX ... looked interesting though ...

KCCT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by KCCT on Jun 4, 16 8:34 PM
Ugh...what's with the constant minimizing of the game when you click within an inch of the border?? I played about 20 minutes, and I lost count of how many times I had to maximize the game again. It's too bad, I was enjoying the game play. Game uninstalled for massive development failure. Come on, you can do better than this.

nintendomo
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nintendomo on Jun 4, 16 10:10 PM
And yet another buggy game from Bigfish. At least they keep having different kinds of bugs, so maybe they are trying to keep life interesting for us fishies??? And, yes, I am being majorly sarcastic here. I too have the cursor problem. If I click on the inventory, I exit the game. If I click on a hint, I exit the game. Pretty much, anywhere I click, I exit the game. I can't quit the game cursor. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, for the game, then once for Game Manager, and twice more for the game. Seriously, this is getting laughable.... Except that I am not laughing!!!!

Anged
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by Anged on Jun 5, 16 4:14 AM
I had no problems playing on my Mac.

merry49
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by merry49 on Jun 5, 16 6:23 AM
Having the same issue others mentioned with the cursor - when I click anywhere on the screen, it pops me back out of the game to my desktop. Playing on a laptop Windows 10. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and still having the same issue, which I've never had with either Eipix or BFG before.

[Post New]by hummer13 on Jun 5, 16 7:19 AM
running on windows 10 and am having trouble with cursor, cannot get it to click on the skip button or the menu button. Have uninstalled it and reinstalled and I am still having the same problem. The game looks interesting and I would like to play it, but someone needs to fix this problem. Thank you for your time.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jun 5, 16 7:22 AM
I was loving this game, but got to point where I had to shot the slingshot, got the crab handle put it on crab, cursor disappeared and had to force quit!

Mac El Capitan. One of the best CEs I've ever played and now it's useless. Tried to restart, but it shows a green dot on sling shot target, and nothing else will work.

Is there going to be a fix please? Everything up to date on my Mac. Version 10.11.5

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Jun 5, 16 11:45 AM
I'm playing on a laptop running windows 10 also & I'm having the same cursor problems. I changed the compatibility to run the game as windows 8. That fixed the cursor issue but the game is not full screen like that. I prefer playing full screen so I hope a fix is forthcoming but at least the game is playable now.

UPDATE: When I went to play the game today for the second time, it wasn't in a window anymore. It was now full screen & the cursor was fine. I had no problems with it until near the end when I placed a crab handle. Then the cursor disappeared completely & I had to use the Windows button to minimize the game so I could get out of it.

Edited on 06/05/2016 at 5:32:37 PM PST

[Post New]by SusannSayz on Jun 5, 16 11:51 AM
hazelwize16 wrote:CURSOR will not let me play the game AT ALL ... every time i click the game it goes out of the game ... Windows 8.1 ... mouse or tablet ... doesn't matter ... can't play or buy a game that doesn't work ... just so ya know ... will look for an update that hopefully fixes this problem ... i hate to point out that i RARELY have this issues with EIPIX ... looked interesting though ...

I am unable to input my profile name; as soon as I click, I am bounced out. Brand new computer - Dell XPS Windows 10

Go to: