govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Comments and Reviews- Million Dollar Quest

[Post New]by govegril on Jan 25, 10 12:19 AM
I played this game yesterday and really enjoyed it.

It is the same style as Dream Sleuth, Mushroom Age, Laura Jones etc - same game play and puzzles are much the same, Girls voice same. Different story and scenes

Graphics are ordinary but the voice acting and characters make up for that- the game took me about 6 hours to finish and I skipped a few puzzles so good length.
Rechargeable hints.

If you like the above mentioned games you may like this one too.

Edited on 02/17/2010 at 2:38:52 PM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews- Million Dollar Quest

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 25, 10 12:31 AM
Thanks Gove for the early summary, going to DL now

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Jan 25, 10 12:47 AM
Neat review thanks govegril, going to give it a go after reading your comments thanks.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jan 25, 10 12:52 AM
Your welcome guys- I forgot to mention, there is a couple of lines where they forgot to translate from Russian- one line is part of the instructions for a mini game- otherwise it does not really effect the game.

Edited on 01/25/2010 at 12:57:26 AM PST

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Jan 25, 10 12:57 AM
6 hours game play, very decent length for a game these days. I enjoyed Mushroom age and those types of games. More on the adventure side and quirky... A couple of lines in Russian will add to the fun for me. DL has finished so off I go......

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 25, 10 1:12 AM
Stunning graphics! Melted - only for this it's worth to buy the game... Objects quite easy to find, bright screens.

I never look if the game is long enough - the length doesn't add anything to the pleasure. Sometimes 3 hours of pleasure are better than 6 hours of "torture"...

..."Who am I? What am I? Where from am I?" - very addictive theme in the '20th century, isn't it?

On the double to my collection...

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jan 25, 10 1:12 AM
i really enjoyed the game, and it is very similar to mushroom age. hints are rechargeable, and you don't get penalized for random clicking. you just have to make sure that when you quit the game it was just at a saved spot, if not you have to repeat the chapter all over. voice is not bad, sounds just like the girl in mushroom age. loved the game play, not hidden object, but it does give you your objectives on what to find, there is a little interaction, in the beginning you had to iron her shirt, and you have things that have to be moved.

i give it 5

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jan 25, 10 1:24 AM
MsFreddie wrote:6 hours game play, very decent length for a game these days. I enjoyed Mushroom age and those types of games. More on the adventure side and quirky... A couple of lines in Russian will add to the fun for me. DL has finished so off I go......

Well 6 hours is how long it took me I did try to do all the puzzles and not use hints. Yes quirky is a good description.

it was well worthwhile.
Have fun

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Jan 25, 10 2:02 AM
Need I saw more all been said. and nearly missed it I though it was another match 3 type until I read the reviews Mushroom Age is one of my favourites, this is very similar. and it looks like it has a half decent story behind the holiday.

I can get out of the stress of Green Moon and enjoy 9.5/10 never gave a 10 yet.

Cheers
lineck

[Post New]by angelsfan01 on Jan 25, 10 2:09 AM
I'm enjoying it, too, but where the heck is the key for the cart at the airport where you have to find all the yellow suitcases? When I click on 'hint' it just shows I need to move the cart. TIA

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 25, 10 2:21 AM
Just finished an hour, go in the closet and play with the numbers on that keypad whatever it was. Thought I needed a code and left looking, went back in and when you hit some numbers you hear a sound then suddenly it opens, who knows how LOL.

6 hrs eh, that means about 10 for me usually. But so far I've even worked the puzzles, just needed one hint for where shoes went in child's room. I spect it will get harder as I go but no mind twisters so far. I'm in Chap4, just checked walkthru and therre's 22.

Fun game but do I save my credit for....or....? orrrrr LOL Have my 6 for Jan...

sam1950
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,486 Posts

[Post New]by sam1950 on Jan 25, 10 2:26 AM
thanks for the review would have missed trying it otherwise
will comment when i have played for a while

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jan 25, 10 2:41 AM
Couldn't stand playing the demo more than 30 minutes. It's so juvenile and far too easy . Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone to enjoys this type of game but please....give me something like Dire Grove to stimulate me.

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by vickie39 on Jan 25, 10 2:41 AM
game won't open for me. the load bar fills on the page with plane, pyramids, etc. then nuttin. seems the next thing i should see is the "play", "options", "exit" buttons, but they are not there. mouse moves, so it's not frozen. it's wasted 15 minutes of my trial time.

Teach496
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Teach496 on Jan 25, 10 2:50 AM
I'm with you, Angelfan! Where IS the key for the yellow suitcase scene???

[Post New]by Marniem on Jan 25, 10 3:18 AM
I can't open it either. The loading bar fills up and then -- nothing happens. Tried it twice, am tired of having to turn off the computer to escape.

cche
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
401 Posts

[Post New]by cche on Jan 25, 10 3:20 AM
Yes, similar to Mushroom Age with its strengths and weaknesses. Seems like a good variety of challenges, graphics clean, sometimes hints are not helpful (for example the problem with the key for the cart. I had to wait and use a second hint in the closet. That did help.

Music is not too annoying, at least so far, and over all, a pleasant pastime. Just over 30% finished at the hour mark, so just over 3 hours in total. May well buy.

4.5 of 10 for me.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Jan 25, 10 3:21 AM
Love the game no good at the one building the house also enjoying the story nice and light, I also never had the key I did hit the key pad a couple of times so maybe I was lucky still realy enjoying this one no stress and no baddies so far for a change.

Cheers
lineck

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Jan 25, 10 3:30 AM
same problem for me as vickie39 and marniem

have deleted and am downloading again

can't escape the game unless I turn the computer off manually - escape doesn't work and neither can I ctr alt del to bring up the task manager

lots of minutes wasted of the 60 minute trial

Oh well off to see if it will work this time

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Jan 25, 10 3:48 AM
Same here. Have to turn off to escape. Grrrr. I will try only 1 more time then move on.

Go to: