Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Invasion 2: Doomed here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 6, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/06/2016 at 5:25:11 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Invasion 2: Doomed here.

[Post New]by Andymack50 on Jun 6, 16 4:02 AM
I've downloaded twice and, both times I have tried playing the game, I get a black background and cannot see the game area. The inventary, menu, and hint buttons are visible. I am using window 10.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 6, 16 5:26 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Windows 10

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jun 6, 16 8:45 AM
same as andymac50... black background, cannot see the game...windows 7

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Jun 6, 16 9:00 AM
Same problem as above - black screen. Windows XP.

tyyllls
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tyyllls on Jun 6, 16 9:04 AM
Black screen after I said no to tutorial. Also did it when I chose the tutorial. Windows 10

Edited on 06/07/2016 at 8:15:03 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 6, 16 9:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing black screen issues with this particular game. The Moderation Team definitely wants to help get things up and running as it should. We do recognize that issues may arise that didn't occur with testing due to the different computations on the market today. It is highly recommended to look at the following help article as it contains steps that may help resole the black screen that players mentioned in this thread:

If the issues still persist, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to gather this data and provide troubleshooting steps that are specific to your computer.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Jun 6, 16 12:23 PM
When playing the game, I also get a black background and cannot see the game area. The inventary, menu, and hint buttons are visible, but not any of the arrows for controlling the first game offered.

Windows 7.1 Laptop

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Jun 6, 16 12:58 PM
Black screen here, too.

So far, 4 different operating systems, but BF will blame our computers. Windows 7.

I tried all of their trouble shooting tips, but still a black screen.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 6, 16 1:20 PM
Hi Jaguar2357 and cheekyoops,

We definitely want to help get things up and running for players and we apologize for the issues that players are seeing. Our games are tested before they are released to the public and we recognize that issues may arise that didn't occur in testing. The Moderation Team has passed along the information regarding the black screen issue that players are seeing to the appropriate teams. Thank you for taking the time to try the suggested troubleshooting steps. It is recommended that if the steps don't seem to help resolve the issue, to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team can then gather the data that is presented in the Dr. Felix Report to bring to the appropriate teams. This data can help aid in the investigation for a resolution as there are many different computations on the market today.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Jun 6, 16 4:33 PM
I am running Windows Vista and black screen when I try to play the first HOS. You can see the labels of what you are supposed to click on but you cannot see screen in order to do the hos at all. Funny cause I hit one by accident in the dark. I guess all of us are getting black screens no matter what we are running. So far it needs some serious help.

Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on Jun 7, 16 8:42 AM
me too

dooley1
Clownfish
Clownfish
751 Posts

[Post New]by dooley1 on Jun 7, 16 10:41 AM
Same here...this game needs a lot of help

nasus
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by nasus on Jun 7, 16 10:48 AM
It seems the QA/QC department has doomed this game from the start. There are layers of artwork missing!! This is the same issue I had with two Grim Tales games. Somebody somewhere is the BFG World is falling down on the job! How can a game be published with such obvious flaws?

It is not my computer, cache, screen resolution, etc...It is a QA/QC issue on BFG's part...really, how can you miss layers of artwork missing?

Opening scene with tornado and plane crash were fine...it's when gameplay is supposed to begin when artwork disappears.

PC Windows 7.

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

black screen for minigames

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Jun 7, 16 1:26 PM
The first time it happened, I pressed Skip. and within a minute there was anew black screen for a new minigame. When the problems come up this early in the game, I don't want to spend time trying to make it work. Downloaded twice, same problem. I no longer care to try this game.

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Jun 8, 16 2:09 AM
Black Screen here too. Think this is the time BF have to take the blame and fix it from there side.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jun 8, 16 3:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people have been experiencing this problem in the game. As bfgBellerophon mentioned, our teams work to test all of our games before they're released on a variety of software and hardware configurations. Unfortunately, due to the large number of options available for computers, sometimes unforeseen issues may come up. I want to assure you that the Forum Moderation Team will continue to pass along the posts regarding this issue so that the appropriate teams are aware.

In the meantime, if they haven't been tried already, the steps in the following help articles may be able to be of use. I suggest taking a look and giving them a try:

Run Game as Administrator

If this continues, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps have the tools to gather data on problems like this in order to send it to the right teams, and doing this can help in any investigations that may arise. Additionally, our Reps can provide customized troubleshooting help, and are always happy to help.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Kapoho7
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Kapoho7 on Jun 9, 16 3:39 PM
I am running Windows 10, and gave my rifle to the Blue Man. Now I apparently need it back in order to defeat the worms. Please provide a fix for this.

procats
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Black Screen

[Post New]by procats on Jun 13, 16 5:34 PM
I have windows 10 and at the beginning after they crash land, all I see is stars and a black background. Can't get anything to come up. There are too many people with the same issue that this should not have been addressed as of yet. I have the first game in this series and it was fine. Another game I can't purchase.

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Invasion 2: Doomed here.

[Post New]by kj96779 on Jun 17, 16 12:26 PM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.
Using Windows 10, but don't think that's the issue. I gave the rifle to the blue man and now cannot kill the worms. I'd rather not start game over, so any fix to get me going again?

Go to: