AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

Trixie Belle & Cattiepuss01 Major Emergency Can't Play

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jun 6, 16 3:05 AM
To all my good friends, I don't know when I will be back in the game,

My good real life friends have had a landslip on their property and their house looks like sliding in to the neighbour's dam. We have been working with the SES and the local lion's club in moving as much stuff out as we can.

I have most of the contents from their pantry and freezer all over my lounge, hall, kitchen and garden room floor. Their freezer is waiting for the gas to settle so we can fill it up and clear some space, My freezer was empty, waiting for me to refill, so it is now choc a block.

They will have my room & until I can clear the spare room, I will be sleeping on the bed in the garden room, an igloo would be warmer than that place in Winter.

Haven't been able to take Trixie's wish list down as I can't get to that computer.
Will gift you all back as soon as I can.

Shadow3814
Minnow
Minnow
235 Posts

Re:Trixie Belle & Cattiepuss01 Major Emergency Can't Play

[Post New]by Shadow3814 on Jun 6, 16 3:27 AM
Thanks for the heads up.... Don't worry, I'm sure we will still be around when you get back. Take good care of your neighbors... nice to know they had someone to count on at this time. Wish I had more neighbors like you. BTW.... Stay Warm!!! Forgot you were in your winter. We don't need you getting sick.....

Edited on 06/06/2016 at 3:29:12 AM PST

[Post New]by walkingstar on Jun 6, 16 8:23 AM
Wow Trixie! Bless you for helping your neighbors and opening your home to them! If more people were like you our world would be a far better place. My prayers go to you and your friends. I'll just leave you on the board and announce not to gift you. I sent you something this a.m. Do take care as a lot of my players have been "not up to snuff"..Lets say. XXX Q

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jun 6, 16 8:49 AM
Thanks for this report. Glad you're ok!
See you back here after a deserved rest.

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by kashmatash on Jun 6, 16 10:07 AM
Ditto what walkingstar said, "If more people were like you our world would be a far better place." Grab Myrtle and snuggled close, she'll help keep you warm in your igloo

Your friends will be here for you as long as it takes.

Shilo

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jun 6, 16 10:09 AM
Thank you for taking the time to let us know. It's amazing that you thought of people playing a little game while you're going through this major crisis.

I'll keep you and your neighbors in my thoughts and prayers.

Have fun stormin' the castle! (when you get back)

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 6, 16 11:19 AM
I agree with everyone. Thank goodness for people like you. Sure wish you were my neighbor.

Take care and will see you as soon as you get back.

iwik1
Herring
Herring
382 Posts

[Post New]by iwik1 on Jun 6, 16 12:57 PM
mamarose1900 wrote:Thank you for taking the time to let us know. It's amazing that you thought of people playing a little game while you're going through this major crisis.

I'll keep you and your neighbors in my thoughts and prayers.

Have fun stormin' the castle! (when you get back)

You are not one of my friends in the castle but you have helped me out numerous times with your advice not only in the forum but also by way of PM. Please take care of yourself as well.

Chris(Qld)

Nimbus2525
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by Nimbus2525 on Jun 6, 16 1:46 PM
Thank you for the info. My thoughts are with you and your neighbours - it is good to know there are kind people like you helping others out.

ozziebasia
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

[Post New]by ozziebasia on Jun 6, 16 7:54 PM
Hi Anna As a fellow Aussie have seen the unbelievable damage that the storms that hit the East Coast of Oz caused. No one on the East Coast managed to escape damage and yes, sadly many homes have been lost due to landslipping away from all the rain and strong wind Your friends have a wonderful and kind friend in you, along with the SES and Lions Club My love and thoughts to you and your friends Stay safe and hopefully the will be out soon. Kudos also to the SES and Lions Club who always help people in need Sending from Cairns, QLD 'cause we can definitely spare quite a lot Take care

Barb from Oz

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jun 6, 16 10:53 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for your thoughts & prayers we need them. The SES guys & girls are amazing. One of the guys helping us had lost his home and can't even get back to see what he can salvage.

We got out as much as we could and the police have closed the drive with Crime Scene tape. The power company have disconnected the power & we hope we can get back in soon to salvage a bit more stuff. Just depends on the weather hope it stops raining for a while.

My son, who lives in Sydney, couldn't get back to his place for 7.5 hours on Sunday because the Wakehurst Parkway and Mona Vale Road, as well as a couple of others were closed. They are virtually the main access roads to his house. Fortunately he is well back from the beach and not falling into the ocean.

Managed to get back into the game to take down Trixie's list. Have managed to gift from Cat, hoping to get back later tonight to gift from Trixie.

Barb, would love some QLD sun & some California sun to dry out the Castles so I can get back to play.

Trixie

LillieCat55
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by LillieCat55 on Jun 7, 16 7:13 AM
Hang in there, Trixie, and don't worry about anything in the game. In game and IRL, you are a great friend to have!

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Jun 7, 16 9:05 AM
Ditto to all that has been said here by your friends Trixi, God bless you as you are a true friend and sending sunshine to you from Canada and hug hugs from me to you ,
Keep warm and safe my friend and keep us updated please.

Randy

ozziebasia
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

[Post New]by ozziebasia on Jun 7, 16 7:35 PM
Oi Trix here comes the and from Cairns QLD and for the SES and Lions Club members. Stay safe, dry and warm

Barb from Oz

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jun 7, 16 8:21 PM
You are an angel! Sending prayers to you all.

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by kashmatash on Jun 7, 16 8:55 PM
Thanks for the update Trixie. Glad to hear that you, your son and friends are still safe.

With the Cairns,QLD sun Barb sent you..........and now sending over our California sun are you feeling a tad warmer yet?

Stay safe and as warm as possible (I could send Kashmir over. You would have Myrtle on one side and Kashmir on the other [15 lbs. of Bengal cat should do it, don't you think!]

Shilo

iwik1
Herring
Herring
382 Posts

[Post New]by iwik1 on Jun 8, 16 5:02 AM
ozziebasia wrote:Oi Trix here comes the and from Cairns QLD and for the SES and Lions Club members. Stay safe, dry and warm

Barb from Oz

Am now able to send the from Redlands, in Brisbane, QLD.

Chris

ozziebasia
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

[Post New]by ozziebasia on Jun 8, 16 3:21 PM
iwik1 wrote:
ozziebasia wrote:Oi Trix here comes the and from Cairns QLD and for the SES and Lions Club members. Stay safe, dry and warm

Barb from Oz

Am now able to send the from Redlands, in Brisbane, QLD.

Chris

Hi ya iwik1 Glad that you now have in Brisbane because you also copped a battering with all that wild weather With Shilo sending California you sending from Brisbane and moi sending from Cairns we'll have Tassie as dry as a bone in no time. saw Launceston on the news last night and more rain is the forecast. Have been to Launie many, many times and never ever seen it under so much water. Many homes flood damaged and not structurally safe, very sad and hope that weather moves away and SOON !!!! Stay safe TASMANIANS and rain begone.

Barb from Cairns, Oz

pclark200
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by pclark200 on Jun 8, 16 7:26 PM
Bless you, Trixie! Will see you when you get back to the Castle!

dogpenny
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by dogpenny on Jun 8, 16 7:43 PM
I am a member of Lions Club and very proud they are helping our motto is we serve. On 9-11 the Lions Club was first on the scene to hand out boots and gloves to the firemen and all who needed them to help they also built the shelter for them to eat and sleep in. Most of the time any major emergency in the world and Lions Club is there to help in anyway possible. My prayers and thoughts are for you and your friends and how good of you to help out many kudos to you too. Take care and walk safe paths./

Go to: