uniqo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

"Director Player Error: Script Error. Continue?" newly installed and tried uninstalled

[Post New]by uniqo on Jan 25, 10 11:49 PM
I'm using XP and keep getting the "Director Player Error" message. never even get to play the game. Please help!

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

"Director Player Error: Script Error. Continue?" newly installed and tried uninstalled

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jan 26, 10 4:24 PM
uniqo wrote:I'm using XP and keep getting the "Director Player Error" message. never even get to play the game. Please help!

Hi Uniqo

Is this the first time yv installed Mte or have you played it before & now getting the error?

Check that everything is up to date -

This link will take you to the sites to check for updates -

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/990

Xp usually runs Mte really well - the game itself & the game manager have been updated recently tho so could have something to do with yr graphics card

this link will help you to check that - it also has the liink for checking that yr direct x is up to date

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/158

If you have played before backup yr player folder - link on how to do this -

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/42627.page

If you uninstall the game - when its uninstalled do a search for all Mahjong Towers Eternity files & folders - clik on the 'more advanced options' & tick all boxes so it searches & finds ALL hidden files & folders as well - when the search is done delete all the files & folders that appear

Run disk cleanup then reboot yr puter

This will give you a clean start for a reinstall

If after having done all the above it still dosnt run - then there are another couple of things we can try to get you going

Fi

Edited on 01/26/2010 at 4:31:52 PM PST

kmac1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:"Director Player Error: Script Error. Continue?" newly installed and tried uninstalled

[Post New]by kmac1 on Apr 30, 10 3:58 PM
I have Vista, The error I get says "Director Player Error. List expected for handler #count" no idea what to do. Before this error came up, I got another message saying an error had occured and to make sure I had the latest version of the game. I only got the game a month ago and worked fine until today. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

Re:"Director Player Error: Script Error. Continue?" newly installed and tried uninstalled

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Apr 30, 10 8:17 PM
kmac1 wrote:I have Vista, The error I get says "Director Player Error. List expected for handler #count" no idea what to do. Before this error came up, I got another message saying an error had occured and to make sure I had the latest version of the game. I only got the game a month ago and worked fine until today. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Kmac - have messaged you - Fi

[Post New]by lu230288 on May 18, 10 8:20 PM
I use Win 7 ,I got "Director Player Error: Script Error. Continue?" this problem.How do I do??? It's the first time I stow the game,can't play ~~@ @

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on May 19, 10 7:38 PM
lu230288 wrote:I use Win 7 ,I got "Director Player Error: Script Error. Continue?" this problem.How do I do??? It's the first time I stow the game,can't play ~~@ @

Hi Lu - have pm'd you - Fi

[Post New]by skitzzzz on May 24, 10 5:30 AM
i to am having this error iam using windows 7 64 bit home premium its driving me nuts some of my various games work others dont havent tried them all yet
contacted support but has of yet no response
i for one will not be purchasing anymore games from here until this i resolved
one really p~~~~~~~ of customer

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on May 24, 10 2:58 PM
Hi Skitzzz - have pm'd you - Fi

[Post New]by bummersheri on Jun 29, 10 6:23 PM
I too have this problem. I run windows 7. This error occurred the first time I installed and I am unable to play the game. Please advise.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jun 30, 10 5:51 PM
bummersheri wrote:I too have this problem. I run windows 7. This error occurred the first time I installed and I am unable to play the game. Please advise.

Hi Sheri - have pm'd you - Fi

[Post New]by JanVuk on Jul 2, 10 7:45 PM
I am also having this problem. I purchased this game in 2007 and played it with no problems on my laptop running XP. I recently got a new laptop running Windows 7, downloaded the game, played it several times and now I get this error. Annoying at best.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jul 3, 10 1:15 AM
Hi Jan - have pm'd you - Fi

[Post New]by mike808 on Jul 3, 10 12:08 PM
Same Prob. Vista 32. Sent you a PM. Look forward to your pm, Spazzazz.

Edited on 07/03/2010 at 12:09:18 PM PST

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jul 3, 10 8:44 PM
mike808 wrote:Same Prob. Vista 32. Sent you a PM. Look forward to your pm, Spazzazz.

Hi Mike - have pm'd you - Fi

[Post New]by buffyy1 on Aug 17, 10 8:14 AM
hey i am having the same problem at my life story. is my progress now all gone? is just on that one player, if i create a new one its ok.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Aug 17, 10 6:48 PM
buffyy1 wrote:hey i am having the same problem at my life story. is my progress now all gone? is just on that one player, if i create a new one its ok.

Hi Buffy

So you have 2 players in yr game? - yr usual 1 gets the error but the other yv created dosnt? - if this is the case then the progress of yr usual players data should still be ok - do you have a backup of yr player folder prior to the error occuring with that player in case it isnt?

Which puter system are you using?

Fi

[Post New]by buffyy1 on Aug 18, 10 5:47 AM
Spazzazz wrote:
buffyy1 wrote:hey i am having the same problem at my life story. is my progress now all gone? is just on that one player, if i create a new one its ok.

Hi Buffy

So you have 2 players in yr game? - yr usual 1 gets the error but the other yv created dosnt? - if this is the case then the progress of yr usual players data should still be ok - do you have a backup of yr player folder prior to the error occuring with that player in case it isnt?

Which puter system are you using?

Fi

hi, thanks for the quick support. the error always occurs after i chose to start playing. i tried to create a new player to see what happens and it works fine.

but everytime i chose my normal player and i say start the game shows and gives the error. if i click no it closes, if i say yes it just keeps getting the same message and my whole screen size gets messed up, everything is in the wrong format on my desktop and i have to restart.

using win 7 64bit.

any ideas?

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Aug 18, 10 11:16 PM
Hi Buffy

Really weird that the error appears with 1 but not the other unless theres a certain point in the game files which stops a script from working as yr working yr way up the ranks - a few things come to mind

1: Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Shockwave Player
or Java updates

2: General puter updates

3: The Badges Folder - this dosnt always download completely

4: If you know the rank you were upto with yr usual player - you could try playing yr newly created player up to the same point to see if the error appears at the same level - if it does then its possible 1 of the files in yr gane stops working to register the player as online - or the badge needed is missing - easily fixed but you need to know if thats the prob or not by playing yr 2nd player up

If you decide to uninstall/reinstall - whatever you do - dont uninstall until you have a backup of yr player folder so you can put it back in on a new install so you are able to continue to play with the players you currently have - this link will help you to create a backup -

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/42627.page

If you come across any probs trying to find the player folder to back it up - let me know - Like Vista - Windows 7 stores info in 2 places

Fi

Edited on 08/18/2010 at 11:36:38 PM PST

[Post New]by buffyy1 on Aug 23, 10 5:39 PM
nothing worked... saw in the net that more people have the same problem but no solution, really sad... now i dont really want to get in it again with a new player since it was a lot of work and maybe gone again... so i guess the game is done for me then if noone has a real idea...

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Aug 23, 10 11:22 PM
Buffy - have pm'd you

Cam 78 - have pmd you

Go to: