Tournament

huluhut
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Tournament

[Post New]by huluhut on Jun 6, 16 8:40 PM
[Removed by Moderator]just got a score of 900 on ios. How is this even possible.
All I can say is my hats off to u I'm lucky to get over 100 thousand
What do u think of that gang?

Edited on 06/07/2016 at 10:27:23 AM PST

babsy99
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Tournament

[Post New]by babsy99 on Jun 6, 16 9:09 PM
The only way to get 900,000 is to have a base score of over 100k, collect 15 tokens, and get 50% on each spin on the wheel.

Smells pretty fishy to me.

Major_Mom
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Major_Mom on Jun 6, 16 9:11 PM
I noticed that on the iPad game, score of 900,348. I do not see how that can be possible.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jun 6, 16 9:15 PM
IF you had a base score of 100,000.....then got 15 chips......and got 50% on all 5 spins, your final total would be only 759,375....

I don't think it is possible to get a 100,000 base score on iPad.

That said....before we call this person a cheat......let's consider that it may be the glitch that didn't flush his previous score.....then added the new score and spins to what was already there.

KayteCat
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by KayteCat on Jun 6, 16 9:36 PM
I saw it too. I was about to pay 5 diamonds for another try, but thought I'd check out what I'd have to reach to be in the top 100.

Seeing that impossible score at the top was completely demotivating. Nope, not spending anything on this round.

Sigh.

jaximoto
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by jaximoto on Jun 6, 16 9:38 PM
I came to forum because I knew somebody had to say something about that extraordinarily excessive score!! Wow!! Over 900,000?? Really?? I need that kind of magic..

Jaximoto

Devilinwales
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Devilinwales on Jun 6, 16 11:50 PM
As there are no cheats on iOS tournaments, going by previous postings, then this can only be a glitch and if it happens for someone who then gets over 900,000 how many others are using this glitch to score 300,000 + Food for thought, again !!

I have noticed a number of regular top 100 players who seem to have a score of under 80,000 in first 10 minutes of tournament, and this is because I was only just above them with 90,000 or so and then on next look they are all in the top 50 as i have a peek to see where they went.

Spooky me thinks, but not worth pursuing it as I don't think the devs can stop it as they are not really sure, like the rest of us mortal players on how it occurs. If anyone does know then do the decent thing and report it but I think it will fall on those deaf ears once more.

I actually praised a player for a score of over 500,000 on a previous post and looked forward to seeing their name in the higher echelons again, but not a sign of them.

Ah well back to the normal 10/20/10/10 and occasional 40/40/50/10 which did get me a top 10 recently with 230,000

Glass still half full as on a break now for a few weeks

Devil

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 7, 16 10:33 AM
Hi Everyone,

It is understandable wanting to comment on what players are currently seeing in the tournament score boards. The Midnight Castle teams take matters such as unusual high scores very seriously and it is appreciated that players have brought this to our attention. While a high score such as the one presented in this thread is unusual, we have passed this information along to the teams. It is encouraged that if players come across scores that may seem unusual, to please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a screenshot of the scores. This will help aid in the investigation. I'll include a help article below:

Taking A Screenshot

I'd also like to remind users of the Forum Rules, specifically,

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

In order to keep the Forums accessible to everyone who would like to participate, we ask that users be respectful on the Forums and not call unwanted attention to others.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

AussieSweet
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by AussieSweet on Jun 8, 16 6:45 AM
I've seen that score too. And simple math telling me that it is not possible to get a score like that without adding the previous score to the new one. When the tournament just started that person was several places below me. After the second run the score grew to >300k, after the third to >500k. I was watching the progression the whole tournament.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jun 8, 16 8:30 AM
When I read these messages I could weep! I have just had a score of 81,000 plus 15 token and managed to achieve 160,000! I even had a zero increase in that set!

KayteCat
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by KayteCat on Jun 8, 16 10:15 AM
AussieSweet wrote:I've seen that score too. And simple math telling me that it is not possible to get a score like that without adding the previous score to the new one. When the tournament just started that person was several places below me. After the second run the score grew to >300k, after the third to >500k. I was watching the progression the whole tournament.

One thing I read from that is that even though it does seem a glitch was in effect, at least one of the jumps was in the high 100,000s to low 200,000s, so likely to be toward the top of the top 100 anyway.

So, The glitch needs to be fixed(!), and someone else might well have been in first place, but this person didn't displace someone else from the top 100 with the glitch.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jun 8, 16 11:58 AM
Saw another score today that was around 750,000. I didn't think that was even possible. I don't believe it's possible to get a 100,000 base score no matter how good you are. So this must be a major "glitch" that's happened more than once.

jaximoto
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by jaximoto on Jun 10, 16 10:19 PM
Glitch? Maybe if it happens one time....but the same player today gets a top score of over 537,000!!!! Something seems very fishy about this.....

Hmmmm
Jaximoto

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jun 12, 16 12:32 PM
I agree, Jaxi!

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jun 13, 16 1:36 AM
jaximoto wrote:Glitch? Maybe if it happens one time....but the same player today gets a top score of over 537,000!!!! Something seems very fishy about this.....

Hmmmm
Jaximoto

Is there a tournament "tell"?!!

I suppose though that if there were, no one would tell me!

Edited on 06/13/2016 at 4:11:43 AM PST

jaximoto
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by jaximoto on Jun 14, 16 12:46 PM
Well if there is a "tell" the player isn't sharing it with anyone else since he is the only one who gets those impossible scores....yesterday I saw another top score of over 563,000 by this player. No other player has scored higher than in the 300,000s.

That fishy smell has gotten worse.....somebody ought to jettison the rubbish!

Just saying....
Jaximoto

AussieSweet
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by AussieSweet on Jun 16, 16 6:02 AM
I saw it twice - today and yesterday. The same player with >500k score again.

donnaamelia
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by donnaamelia on Jun 19, 16 10:11 AM
We have a magician player among us. In any case he/she has a magic stick. Had EXACTLY same number of high (of course) score in ipad-tournament today as yesterday. How can it be possible. That must be magic (or fishy)
And guess, - it is the same player with scores of 500,000 - 700,000 - and 900,000.
That is fishy.

Edited on 06/19/2016 at 10:26:53 AM PST

jude_todd
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by jude_todd on Jun 19, 16 10:22 AM
I have to agree that the score some people acquire in the tournaments are unreal , i was playing when the high score was in the 500's this is impossible . The most i have ever achieved was in the 300's and i was delighted with that but alas it has never been repeated a mid 200 is the best i can hope for . Lets hope it can be sorted soon because it spoils a fun part of the game .

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jun 19, 16 10:47 AM
as stated by the mods, you guys need to take screenshots of the "interesting" scores and pm them to the mods... you gotta have evidence

Go to: