alan51
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Japan Help or Hints

[Post New]by alan51 on Jan 26, 10 9:28 PM
I have managed to get gold on all levels except Japan 2 . Can't get my rent high enough before silver kicks in . Any hints

Leaty
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Japan Help or Hints

[Post New]by Leaty on Jan 27, 10 10:18 AM
That's one of the levels where time is a bit too short....

First, fix the Horse you already have and concentrate on getting the 3 Superbikes (you simply don't have the money for more Horses), sell the Wise as it is.
Buy any cheap and working car you can (Wise always works good) and sell it again right away. Don't use up spare parts for upgrade or fixing broken ones, only waxing if necessary and the station's free.
Now concentrate on getting the 2 other Horses.

Once you have that, you're already rather low on time but still should have 1 minute or more left. However, you should have enough spare money to buy 2-3 additional Horses that should net you enough rent.

Edited on 01/27/2010 at 10:21:23 AM PST

alan51
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by alan51 on Jan 27, 10 11:11 PM
Thank you very much. I actually made it. Insuring is also a great help.

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Feb 20, 10 1:53 PM
Here is the strategy that finally worked for me. (Though I think there is quite a bit of luck involved as well.)

Quickly buy 2000 spare parts and 3 more employees. These are all the employees you will need, buy parts in lots of 2000, and 5000. (I think I bought 3@2000, and 1or2@5000)

Fully fix up all three starting cars.
Insure and wax only the horse, and put it up for rent.
On the other two sell them immediately after painting. Do not wax or insure.

Buy Horses, Superbikes and those little pink ones as you can. Pinks pretty much just paint and sell.

Keep an eye on your superbike goal (you don't have to worry about the Horse goal as it will happen automatically.)

Superbikes fully upgrade till you have all the upgrades for the goal needed. Keep some of the superbikes, and sell others as needed for money. Keep all horses, and fully upgrade and insure as you can.

This is where it gets a bit more tricky. At this point your only goal is 400K rent. You don't have to keep upgraded cars. You may end up buying horses and upgrading them only once. Focus on those if you can, and at this point your money should stay high enough that any horse that comes along can be bought. (Pretty much ignore the thumbs up and thumbs down, and pay attention to your money instead.)

Insuring is far more important than waxing - you have probably found this out already. As you reach 30 seconds left put out your best combination, and put everyone to work washing cars. You should reach gold by with about 10-20 seconds left.

See if that works for you. The strategy above of buying a bunch of bikes and renting those just wasn't working for me. I couldn't get enough expense money, nor could I make the rent at the end.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, but I hope some of these guidelines help you.

Good luck.

Go to: