bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

1001 Nights: The Adventures of Sindbad

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 27, 10 12:05 AM
Help the lovely Princess Chalida locate the seven gems of her royal crown and break the curse that has trapped her in a body of wood! Find Hidden Objects, identify specific spots in each scene, and overcome powerful guardians as you seek out the precious stones. Along the way you'll have to solve dozens of clever riddles and beat eight challenging minigames, in 1001 Nights: The Adventures of Sinbad!

diji
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:1001 Nights: The Adventures of Sindbad

[Post New]by diji on Jan 27, 10 12:26 AM
How do you get it to stop showing you the answers? That is driving me crazy! I thought it might do it by turning off the effects but that didn't change it. Anybody know?

lmf40
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

[Post New]by lmf40 on Jan 27, 10 12:37 AM
No I tried that too but it didn't work. Really spoils the game.

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by vickie39 on Jan 27, 10 12:45 AM
there must be slim pickins around here if BFG has to put this out. it is sooo pathetic in every way.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 27, 10 12:47 AM
Seems to have been pretty slim pickins' all week for both new games and daily deal.
I need something to play!

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jan 27, 10 1:01 AM
Utterly frustrated with such a stupid game. It doesn't allow you any time to search for an object before it tells you where it is. I quit after 20 minutes I was so pissed off with it. I also agree with a previous poster in that the last week has been a total dud in terms of the games offered. So glad I haven't signed up for the daily deal.

Please do better BG. We have higher expectations of you.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jan 27, 10 1:03 AM
I find it really hard to find the objects, and was disappointed at how slow the hint recharged, when I suddently found out it didn't matter - a little twinkle shows you where every hidden object is. Even when you are succesfully finding things, like when you have to collect the bits of torn map, a little twinkle shows you where the bits are. Not so much a Hidden Object games as a 'here it is, over here' game.

Not for me, I like a bit of a challenge,

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Jan 27, 10 1:06 AM
I thought I must say something about the stupid twinkles that show you the answer but I see it has already been mentioned as it annoys everybody. It totally ruins the game. It seemed like quite a good game but the twinkles will stop me buying it. What a shame, what were they thinking? Why not just add a 'Game Over, Well Done' button on the menu?

Edited on 01/27/2010 at 1:08:55 AM PST

bailey10
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by bailey10 on Jan 27, 10 1:53 AM
When I tried to open the game it said the message, "Failed to render card." What does this mean?

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jan 27, 10 1:54 AM
nomatt wrote:I thought I must say something about the stupid twinkles that show you the answer but I see it has already been mentioned as it annoys everybody. It totally ruins the game. It seemed like quite a good game but the twinkles will stop me buying it. What a shame, what were they thinking? Why not just add a 'Game Over, Well Done' button on the menu?

Agreed!
And how hard would it have been to be able to turn this feature on or off or even control the amount of time searched before the hint kicks in?

Saved me $6.99, but that is not the idea, is it?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 27, 10 2:16 AM
This is not a hidden object game, it's a Find The Sparkle, new genre. However I gottta admit without them I probably wouldn't have even seen half the objects or unrecognizable teeny parts of something. Did pretty good putting bugs in their jars and liked the jigsaw map, but that doesn't add up to $6.99 in my book. Just gave me a silly way to spend an hour of insomnia.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jan 27, 10 2:25 AM
I must agree with you all, including the insomnia. You didn't even get time to read the list, or finish picking up an item before it began twinkling. Why bother with a hint system?
I have my fingers crossed that will be getting "Marooned" soon. Seemed like a really good game.
Well other fishes, I think maybe that one will finally send me off to . Good Night All. Have a wonderful Day.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 27, 10 2:55 AM
I completely agree with all the above ... the twinkles drove me absolutely batty as did the miniscule objects.

Bribling get the bus and placards out and let us go on a trip.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Jan 27, 10 3:18 AM
I have to agree with everyone. This game is a waste. But let me tell you...this morning I woke up,downloaded the game, got my cup of coffee and was ready to play. Well, I could not keep my eyes open. So I clicked around with my eyes closed. When I would hit one of the objects, it made a clicking noise. I could get about 3/4 of the items with my eye closed and not see the sparkle. Just thought I'd share that you, Kind of funny to me, playing a HOG with your eyes closed Still waiting for a GOOD game

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 27, 10 3:27 AM
cherbtoo wrote:I
Bribling get the bus and placards out and let us go on a trip.

Hey, can I join you? Lol!!!

That is the trouble with almost all translated Russian games - they are awesome, but seems that sometimes the programmers don't trust the players' intelligence...

Dark screens and tiny objects are enough for me to pass the game, but the twinkles make me feel really dumb...

Marissa707
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Marissa707 on Jan 27, 10 3:28 AM
If you uncheck visual effects in the 'options menu' The twinkels will vanish by the second **** screen. Anyway, the objects are in some cases so obscure that they are very hard to find.

So, if I could be bothered to overlook the comicbook grafics and interludes, Ah, what the H... I can't be bothered, who am I kidding, I am not going to waste 6.99 on this piece of boring garb - game, I mean.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jan 27, 10 3:44 AM
I need stronger glasses to play this game.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Jan 27, 10 3:57 AM
Uh...let me think about this one.......NOT. Objects too small, twinkles annoying and too frequent, hint recharges too slow. Better luck next time. I'm with all my fishy friends...I NEED A GOOD GAME...been a bad week for BF.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 27, 10 4:04 AM
Poof11 wrote:
I have my fingers crossed that will be getting "Marooned" soon. Seemed like a really good game.

Why wait, when BF has an excellent game of it's own, and keeps it in the Beta safe??:

Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose

Come on! Release it! [Picman, where are you?]

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jan 27, 10 4:05 AM
BFG, helllllll-oooo. Are ya' listenin'? You been turnin' out some real stinkeroos lately. I've been a member for almost a year now. I think your customer service,ease of downloading and library of games is the best. BFG is the only game supplier I do business with.................BUT! unless you do something about the quality and technical aspects of your games,I'm gonna' have to go lookin'. A real shame.
Dr.good

Go to: