bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to 1001 Nights: The Adventures of Sindbad forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 27, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to 1001 Nights: The Adventures of Sindbad forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other 1001 Nights: The Adventures of Sindbad players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Welcome to 1001 Nights: The Adventures of Sindbad forum

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 27, 10 7:15 AM
This is a very good HOG game, provided you have a large monitor! The items are tiny, and some are well-hidden in shadows. Overall, the artwork is great but rather dark. There is a very helpful twinkle that indicates an item if you haven't clicked on anything for a while (it gets annoying, in fact), and it is forgiving of random clicks. The hint system reloads slowly, so you aren't tempted to rely on it too much. Chances are, you won't need it much unless you are playing on a small monitor.

I love the varitey in this game. Nothing earth-shattering-ly new, but a pleasant twist on familiar HOG types. The mini-games don't require a PhD, or even intense concentration, but they are fun - and isn't that why we play these games? I even enjoyed the Simon-like colored gems, and I hate, hate, hate that type of mini-game. The game play follows the theme nicely, too.

When I purchased the game, it didn't save my demo progress so I had to start over. I don't think there will be a lot of replay value, because the list of things to find was identical when I replayed, but I think it will take about 4 hours to get through. Not too bad for the price, and I'm glad I made the purchase.

Julie S

Edited on 01/27/2010 at 7:20:49 AM PST

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Jan 27, 10 10:22 AM
I could not finish my trial. After I put the puzzle together the rest of the game was corrupted and I couldn't finish the trial.

Louky
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Louky on Jan 28, 10 4:18 AM
Why would someone make a HIDDEN OBJECT game and SHOW you where the HIDDEN OBJECTS are? DUH!!!!!! I' m sorry i just can't get over this.

okiejustme2006
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by okiejustme2006 on Jan 28, 10 4:43 AM
I agree with Louky. It was not fun to "race" with the game to find objects before they were highlighted. Just not something I want to purchase.

robbsmom
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,285 Posts

[Post New]by robbsmom on Jan 28, 10 6:35 PM
I agree with you too, I just demo it try for a while but its not fun if they tell you were every thing is, I had to uninstall it, its a shame it look like a good game

[Post New]by sandioflex on Jan 29, 10 9:30 AM
I
can't move the cornnerstone to the flame. its such an easy game I am embarssed
to say it . thanks in advance for help, I love Big Fish , I have enjoyed the stuffed Big Fish and my medallian on its stand. thank you.

dfranklin
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dfranklin on Mar 12, 10 11:39 PM
Well, I was disappointed too. This one had a cool concept and nice artwork, but I agree...it was not only easy but frankly boring to do the same sequence of tasks over and over. The most exciting thing I did was find the bugs, because at least those didn't twinkle at you (I think)!

By the time the third gem/guardian came up I was groaning at the items in the scene I knew I'd be coming back for but was forced to go through the same monotonous, multi-part sequence again first.

I found myself randomly clicking just to get the scene over with, and I got many/most of the items that way...No need to figure out the riddles (not that they were that hard) just click on any interesting item in the scene and voila! I think the developers got us casual gamers confused with one of these...

[Post New]by marlenesabrito on Apr 30, 10 12:02 PM
bumblebea wrote:I could not finish my trial. After I put the puzzle together the rest of the game was corrupted and I couldn't finish the trial.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Sep 16, 10 11:01 AM
I have to chime in about the sparkle issue
but the real problem I have is the game does not save one's progress - it is a long game and did not do it all in one sitting
When I went back in I had to start from the beginning - did a delete and reload and still had same problem

[Post New]by kljkjgjkfkjgjfh on Feb 24, 11 4:26 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 9:24:27 AM PST

[Post New]by fgdfgdfgdfg91 on Mar 2, 11 7:15 AM
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 04/30/2011 at 10:46:05 AM PST

[Post New]by FlowerNoor on Apr 30, 11 9:58 AM
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 04/30/2011 at 10:43:27 AM PST

[Post New]by MiCha3L23 on Jan 22, 12 9:49 PM
good

[Post New]by kalamity on Sep 28, 14 1:56 AM
In the Mysterious Cave - For some reason, I keep putting the lobster and onion in their indentations, but they just won't stick. when I click, they just fall down. Has anyone experienced this?

Go to: