bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Free the Witch here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 8, 16 12:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Free the Witch here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Free the Witch.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Free the Witch here

[Post New]by pita1234 on Jun 14, 16 8:19 AM
Gummy Drop-type graphics. FTP format. Enough said - if you like this sort of thing, which I decidedly do not.

patchesandme
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,164 Posts

[Post New]by patchesandme on Jun 15, 16 11:55 AM
I never write reviews because I am no good at them but I have to say something on this game. I am loving it! Eipix has knocked it out of the park as far as I am concerned and I don't play M3 games much due to bad hands, bad eyes and very slow player. This game gives back! It gives you lots of free stuff to help with your inventory. Yes you have to wait for a certain amount of time on buildings, gateways, the wheel, store and such after you have collected them but I was blown away that a FTP game was giving back and making it fun and not just down right frustrating. I only play one other FTP game and have had it since it was in Beta form and hardly play it anymore. It's no longer fun to say the least. Now the Dev's decided it was a good idea to put a night mode which gives me bad headaches and the reason I have deleted every FTP game I have tried that has that. I sure hope it never happens with this one.

I know the game will get harder and harder and for me I may get to the point I won't be able to advance just because of my capability but I'm going to enjoy every bit when I have the time to play until that happens.

Great Job Eipix!!!!

Misty_eyed1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Misty_eyed1 on Jun 20, 16 3:35 PM
Really liked this game. it was just like the other 2 with different graphics and things to collect and then in my opinion they ruined it quicker than those other 2.
Start playing past level 165 to 200 of the Great Ocean. Do they just want my credit info now? They are not shy about wasting all the coins you've accumulated or wasting all your time waiting for free spins. Since I play it on 3 others I waited for the spins, determined not to use 1 coin, 3 hours to complete the one star stage, not the complete level, let you find out which one, step one, turn, step one, turn and on and on. Either use a lot of hammers,(money) or wait.... That is only one of the fun levels you will find.
I am done with it!
Back to waiting for Sir.

Edited on 06/20/2016 at 4:28:08 PM PST

[Post New]by Lacymay1 on Jun 23, 16 9:08 AM
Loved the game til I reached level 150. I have tried to get through the last part of 150. Impossible. I have spent money on coins and even increased my lives. Done spending money on a game I can no longer get anywhere. Went through 20 lives already and still cannot beat the alligator. Deleting the game Already went through 35 lives on level 150. Good luck everyone else.

Edited on 06/23/2016 at 3:25:03 PM PST

It must be me!

[Post New]by insywinsy on Jul 3, 16 9:29 AM
Having read the other reviews for this game I think it must be my fault, but I found this game totally irritating. It looked brilliant at the start and i really like M3 games. However, having bought the extra lives (3 lives is a waste of time) I found the game extremely messy. There were so many diffferent things going on, it was very difficult to keep up. I persevered up to level 100, but then gasve it up and uninstalled.

[Post New]by Ruby333 on Jul 23, 16 1:12 AM
I also found this game very irritating, and I usually enjoy match three games. This one seems to be more about in game purchases and the graphics aren't the best. I uninstalled it after one day.

[Post New]by linnerd63 on Aug 5, 16 2:24 AM
Loved the game and got 3 stars on all levels until I reached 150. That level is very hard and I have used all powerups and not going to spend money on this game. Done with it and am going to delete it. Its a shame to because I really enjoyed the challenge but that level is awful.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 5, 16 6:54 AM
linnerd63 wrote:Loved the game and got 3 stars on all levels until I reached 150. That level is very hard and I have used all powerups and not going to spend money on this game. Done with it and am going to delete it. Its a shame to because I really enjoyed the challenge but that level is awful.

Many people hate level 150 stage 3, but it's possible to pass without spending real money. If you are interested, tips can be found on this thread:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/783932.page#6583031

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Aug 15, 16 7:52 AM
This is a cute game with challenging match 3 puzzles. Sometimes much too challenging and I had to use the forum for help on many occasions. Level 150 was nearly impossible and took me almost a week to complete and much more real money for power-ups than I intended spending. There is no option to skip a puzzle and you can't move ahead in the game without completing each puzzle.
Many of the other levels can't be completed without the power-ups. You can get them by selling items once a day, a roulette wheel again once a day, or real money that you can use any time even during one of the levels. I got so into the puzzles, that I spent way more for power-ups than I had budgeted for this game.
Right now it has 300 levels with more to open up sometime in the future. Each level has 3 different puzzles and after you have won them you can go back and play the hardest level again, but you don't get any game money for repeating.
I find the witch's voice so irritating that I have to play with the sound off. She screams, "Boss Attack!" when the evil guys pop in and wreck havoc! Most disconcerting!
I recommend checking out the forum prior to downloading this game to see what other players are having to get help with. I am certainly not the only one with many frustrations.
That said, it's a cute and rather addicting game or I would have quit long ago.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Sep 5, 16 10:43 AM
Is free the witch playable on kindle? Couldn't download.

MSegerman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by MSegerman on Sep 5, 16 8:56 PM
I love the Free the Witch game. In fact you might say I am obsessed with it. I love how the stages have different formats which keeps the game always interesting. I love the monsters and graphics. I do think there are few improvements that could be made such as:
1. Add a player name so that the game can be restarted from level 1 with the change of player

2. Fix the glitches that lose crystals even though every stage has been completed to gold level

3. Tone down the difficulty of level 150 as it is so difficult that many people probably leave the game at the point since they can't pass it.

4. Solve the problem that closes the game in the middle (with me several times at the point that I had just passed a difficult level) and you have to close the program and reopen it.

These are the areas I have found so far that could be improved on by the makers of the game, and then maybe we could update the game with the fixes. Overall I give this game 4 out of 5 stars which I would gladly have paid to acquire the game but felt great that it was a free game. Thank you

Lilac43
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac43 on Sep 9, 16 6:52 PM
Initially, I liked this game; it was a fairly typical M3 without a lot of the extra demands that require tons of patience or spending a lot of real money. However, as I advanced, this became less true. Here are my pros & cons:

Pros: Can advance quickly through the first levels. Variety in the M3 layouts. Fairly easy to earn coins, especially once you can sell resources each day. Roulette wheel when run out of moves on a board turns up extra turns reasonably often.

Cons: Prim's seizures at the successful conclusion of each level are VERY ANNOYING. Only 3 lives, unless you shell out $10 for 2 more. "VIP" is a very transient state, only obtainable if you buy extra coins, and doesn't really appear to have much benefit, beyond Prim's cute little crown. Poor explanation of effects of various charms. Forced to use charms to proceed on certain levels. Graphics and entire story line are very childish (attractive to a tweener) but puzzle complexity is definitely closer to late teens to adult. Atlantis portal is inaccessible...requires a special type of ticket, which I have yet to see at level 130+. When repeating levels to finish 2nd or third time, the screen scrolls after finish to the top of that area, so you have to either complete all three of each level at once, or keep scrolling back. Puzzle levels are VERY complex; out of sync with the surrounding base levels.

As you might be able to tell, I've had it with this one. It was sort of fun while it lasted, but I can get a lot more enjoyment out of a game which I have straightforwardly purchased (one-time expenditure, unlimited play). So far, I've only found 1 FTP game that was truly worth the time and effort (BW2).

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Sep 15, 16 10:46 AM
Despite all the glitches this game was doable with the help of the forum and fun until I reached Snowy Meadows. This level is one giant glitch; the resources don't generate, nor do you get portal tickets. Defeating Prim in Snowy Meadow does not credit you with tickets for Atlantis. All the glitches have been have been reported to Tech numerous times but nothing gets fixed. Haven't deleted the game yet as I have completed up to LV 300 but have stopped playing and wasting my time. Waiting to see if an update comes soon and besides new content the glitches get fixed.

jma0909
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jma0909 on Sep 25, 16 6:21 AM
are there plans for updates to fix bugs, such as portal gates and snowy gates and houses not working at all, and to extend beyond level 300?

JohnTonkin
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by JohnTonkin on Nov 13, 16 10:58 AM
Since it's been almost 5 months since the last update, and frustrating glitches and crashes have been appearing almost since the release, I'm forced to conclude that the developers have little interest in remediating the problems with the game. If they were serious about wanting a problem free game, then the update would have been out quickly. An interim update just fixing the bugs, without additional areas, would be an acceptable alternative to reduce the frustration, leaving a well run game with only three areas. I'm sure that the nice graphics will keep people playing if the bugs can be fixed. Also, fixing the bugs would mean that there would be far less frustration for moderators who are trying to keep players while not knowing when the bugs will be fixed. Agency 33 is an example of a game that is not being updated but runs well without bugs. Had the game been a drug or a device bought by consumers, the government would have required a safety recall. How about BFG exercising some ownership authority and setting a deadline for the developers to come out with a bug fix update?

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Nov 21, 16 4:07 AM
John Tonkin : I couldn't have said it better. It's too bad the game hasn't been fixed. It could be a great game but the many, many bugs ruin all the enjoyment!!!

[Post New]by WeirdCat45 on Jan 16, 17 8:34 AM
I don't often write reviews but I thought I would with this one. To start with I enjoyed the game, I enjoyed the challenge of the puzzles and the difficulty levels. From the start I found the responsiveness of the cursor somewhat lacking but I managed until level 150. It would seem the third part of this level is nigh on impossible to do without spending money I don't have or a shedload of game coins which I have struggled to collect as whilst I am ok at the game I am not brilliant and I have already used a lot of them on boosts to get this far. There is also a glitch which means that 50% of the time when I start the game up random letters are missing. So sadly I won't be playing the game anymore which is a shame as I was really enjoying it.

Please post your REVIEWS for Free the Witch here

[Post New]by stenheart23 on Jan 16, 17 11:15 AM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Free the Witch here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Free the Witch.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our <a href="https://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">Forum Rules</a> and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by stenheart23 on Jan 16, 17 11:22 AM
I totally agree that level 150 and other levels where you must beat the boss are annoying because you can't make a move when the boss is. You are frozen out so once you reach level 150 it is just about impossible to win. It surely isn't worth paying more money just to be irritated and you obviously don't care about your customers since you haven't bothered to fix or improve the problem. Another problem I have is just when I win a level the game crashes so I lose the win. I have decided the game isn't fun anymore and just irritating so am deleting it. As a matter of fact, since you people at Big Fish obviously don't listen to or care about you customers I am deleting my account and going elsewhere. F U big fish !

Go to: